Author Topic: TEAM FORTRESS 2 TEAM FORTRESS 2 TEAM FORTRESS 2  (Read 364154 times)

Offline PatMan33

• BioShock Big Daddy
  • WELCOME!!
    • View Profile
    • Google
Re: TEAM FORTRESS 2 TEAM FORTRESS 2 TEAM FORTRESS 2
« Reply #5310 on: August 19, 2015, 10:47:32 am »
The Scottish always did have a way with the English.
"Video games are meant to be just one thing. Fun. Fun for everyone!" - Satoru Iwata

Offline PatMan33

• BioShock Big Daddy
  • WELCOME!!
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #5311 on: August 19, 2015, 12:00:58 pm »
Alright, so let's talk about this new mode for serious for a bit. The old version of this mode from TFC was a lot of fun and I think I know why it's not as great in TF2. The map is WAY too big. I was running through it last night and it should have stopped at that center area, but it just keeps going. It's also too open. I actually found the map from the old mode, here it is!

Push (Classic)

The original map had much less open space and several choke points. Now, of course TF2 needs a bit more space given how scouts can jump. But I think the TF2 map needs to be changed substantially. There's no flow to it, just a mess of space with no direction. You have a big space in the middle where the ball spawned and where a lot of fighting would occur. And then on either side of the central area is a dividing wall that was easy to defend if your team set up proper defenses. Beyond that you got into the warehouse portion of the map and had a bunch of different options before funneling into another choke point before the goal. Also lasers!!!

On the TF2 map it seems as if they did the inverse. The central area is smaller and enclosed while the goal areas are wide open. And what I've seen happening is people just ignore the central area altogether because you can just jump over top of it (so why fortify the enclosed interior) and then you get a stalemate in the wide open areas because it's hard to get the team concentrated, there's no base. The areas around the goal should be easier to defend with a small group, leaving a larger group to go into the center to fight over the ball. TF2's version of this map/mode has too much verticality to it.

Lurk and I have been talking about it for a bit. He had a great idea to fix the game mode, but I'll let him speak on that.

Also! For reference, here is the TF2 map.

Pass_warehouse
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 12:03:11 pm by PatMan33 »
"Video games are meant to be just one thing. Fun. Fun for everyone!" - Satoru Iwata

Offline /lurk

• Rampage Colossus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: August 19, 2015, 12:04:29 pm »
THE BALL TURNS YOU INTO A FAT MAN

SHOOT PEOPLE WITH FAT MAN GUN

SLOWLY WALK TO GOAL
Not a winner anymore.

Offline /lurk

• Rampage Colossus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: September 01, 2015, 03:10:18 pm »

Why is Zhanna so perfect?
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Manhunter
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: September 01, 2015, 04:50:23 pm »
The ass.  8)
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• BioShock Big Daddy
  • WELCOME!!
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #5315 on: September 01, 2015, 07:10:24 pm »
Yesssssss!

Tentacle hentai.

Offline Inkling

• SimCity Mayor
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: September 01, 2015, 07:33:59 pm »
So are we gonna get skins for the other merc team or what?