Author Topic: Cloverfield-1-18-08 (Spoilers in here)  (Read 30983 times)

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
Re: Cloverfield-1-18-08
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2007, 05:14:04 pm »
Actually my question was more aimed at sltlamina. Sorry about the confusion.  The reason I ask is because I agree with you Tal and Slarti. I do think this is more of a publicity stunt. As for someone in Ottawa .. I actually do know someone in the area, I can try and give him a call..
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Tal

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Farm boy
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2007, 11:50:36 am »
Also, I just want to put this out there. I hope this movie isn't about Cthulhu. I really, really hope it isn't. I've seen other movies based off of Lovecraft, and none of them can convey the cosmic horror that permeates his writings. Also, there's just no way they could ever pull off a convincing Old One onscreen, because let's face it, any human representation of them can't actually induce the mind-shattering horror that drives men insane with just a glimpse that the stories stated they were supposed to have. It's a shame, but I just hope they don't butcher Great Cthulhu like other literary monsters that couldn't live up to the written horror visually.
There are some things mankind was not meant to know...

"If you can't take the heat, get off the car hood." -Bucky Katt

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2007, 02:52:45 am »
According to Empire magazine, the slusho site has everything to do with this movie.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Tal

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Farm boy
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2007, 07:13:04 am »
According to Empire magazine, the slusho site has everything to do with this movie.

Duly noted. It is as we thought.

Ethan Haas has updated. Confirmed connection to Alpha Omega. New site not working for me. Anyone seen it yet? Still seems fishy. Investigation continues.

Offline LaFinAbsolueDuMonde

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2007, 01:33:53 am »
I had never heard of this before. I couldn't care less about all the viral marketing nonsense some seem to get caught up in, but after watching the trailer it seems to be a Godzilla clone shot home-movie style, but as opposed to other movies of its type its got a large production budget even though it has no stars. It seems interesting and looks like it could be good.

Offline Tal

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Farm boy
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2007, 06:31:10 pm »
Though official connection is still being denied, two leads intrigue me.

1. Triton Enterprises. In Alpha Omega, name of similar organization in Lost. Friend told me. Big Lost fan.

2. Confirmation email from AO forums. From a "Rob". Very suspicious. Two trains of thought. Concrete connection, but why not change name to avoid suspicion. Or game is riding coattails of movie, and changed name purposely to create the illusion of connection. Fishy.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2007, 07:40:45 pm »
Well I've had endless people ask me about Cloverfield, if I've seen it. The trailer was released. Apparently there is more sites and people aregoing crazy taking it all apart.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/

There is the trailer. Right now I'm leaning on that it might be a godzilla movie, I really hope it's not.  Some parts might have to do with aliens. Some interesting things I noted in the trailer..

-Building damage. Chunks (near the top) of buildings are blown off. Something is strong enough to push a building over (maybe the explosion that is shown?)

-Aircraft that flies by, I went through it frame by frame. I want to say it's a jet of some sort, but it looks strange.

-They refer to "a thing"  this could support the godzilla theory or it might be something else causing all the mayhem

- In the shot of the triage centre, there is a woman behind plastic being restrained by two men in biohazard suits.  We hear some sort of drill. If you pause it and go frame by frame you notice her bodily rapidly expands and cuts just before she would explode. This suggests maybe an infection of some sort.

- the roar and destruction of the store hint at a giant animal

- The scene with the tanks shows something. It looks like a large creature moving behind a building

- Strange chirping noises seem to small to be the large creature, maybe offspring (that explode out of infected people?)

I hate obsessing about this, and I don't want to be so sucked into it, but you have to give them props for amazing marketing..

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2007, 08:14:26 pm »
It's not a Godzilla or a 'monster' we've already seen before, apparently it's completely original (or so I hear).

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2007, 10:16:44 pm »
It's not a Godzilla or a 'monster' we've already seen before, apparently it's completely original (or so I hear).

I agree with you. We shouldn't go shutting windows, though. Maybe it's Megalodon!

Dear lord that would be badass.
The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2007, 10:20:01 pm »

I agree with you. We shouldn't go shutting windows, though. Maybe it's Megalodon!

Dear lord that would be badass.

I'd like Jumbo Shrimp, but okay.

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2007, 10:23:18 pm »
They could fight eachother.
The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2007, 12:04:05 am »
 Its the giant animal from Lost. ::)
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2007, 12:08:54 am »
Its the giant animal from Lost. ::)

I think the word animal is probably incorrect, but whatever... it may be, it is made by J.J Abrams (same guy that made lost).

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2007, 07:04:46 pm »

So you hear

Unless your very close to someone working on this project who broke their NDA you know no more then the rest of us. It could be Godzilla, oddly there seem to be a lot of people hoping it is.  A friend seems to think it might be cthulhu, I've heard that rumour too. They were very smart how they cut the trailer, it's hard to tell if it's even one thing or many..

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2007, 07:33:30 pm »

So you hear

Unless your very close to someone working on this project who broke their NDA you know no more then the rest of us. It could be Godzilla, oddly there seem to be a lot of people hoping it is.  A friend seems to think it might be cthulhu, I've heard that rumour too. They were very smart how they cut the trailer, it's hard to tell if it's even one thing or many..

J.J. Abrams stated, "America needs its own monster". That pretty much rules out anything that already exists.