Poll

What Will I add Next?

Additional Doso Ruledom Info
Additional Coso Cities Info
Shor Agricracy
Charc Agriscoiety
Additional Biology

Author Topic: _.-'-._The Suntus_.-'-._  (Read 16557 times)

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
Re: _.-'-._Brandonazz's Second Creature!!!_.-'-._
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2007, 10:23:24 am »
Comment please! Creatures thrive on comments.

If that were true, the K'jals would have died by now.
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Everything ends.
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2007, 04:25:15 pm »
Alright, there'll be an update tommorow; my computer doesn't have internet right now.

EDIT: Well not tommorow I guess  ::)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 07:45:02 pm by Brandonazz »

Offline Brandonazz

• Everything ends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2007, 07:42:55 pm »

The Suntus Home Planet is the one with the blue atmosphere. The other planet is about five times as large and has a different atmosphere, but strangely enough it has the same continental layout. The planets are incredibly close to eachother, but neither seems to have a gravatational effect on the other. Perhaps the entire system was part of some bizzare precursor experiment? I mean, if there wasn't some sort of machine or outside force keeping them apart, this would happen:

Boom.

Suntus Homeworld c. 13000T

As Suntus intelligence developed, they realized that by sharpening the branches they used and covering thir forelimb with thick vegitation, they could better defend against predators.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2007, 09:11:25 pm »
The other planet is about five times as large and has a different atmosphere, but strangely enough it has the same continental layout. The planets are incredibly close to eachother, but neither seems to have a gravatational effect on the other. Perhaps the entire system was part of some bizzare precursor experiment? I mean, if there wasn't some sort of machine or outside force keeping them apart, this would happen:

img

Boom.

what a subtle hint.  :P

anywho, nice update  :)
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2007, 01:19:36 pm »
Looking good there Brandonazz, nice update!

Keep it up.

Offline Brandonazz

• Everything ends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2007, 08:36:50 pm »
Mating Practices

Well, you see, when a Mommy Suntus and a Daddy Suntus really love eachother...

Well lets see. At birth, Suntus are genderless. After reaching an age comparable to 5 human years, a chemical process begins inside their bodies that for the purpose of simplicity we will call Puberty I. They first begin to manifest gender-specific traits in behavior. Gender-A increases consumption of food and generally forms protective groups with others of the same behavior. Gender-B Becomes more vocal and has the impulse to tend to the younger Suntus.
   At an age comparable to 20 years, Gender-A has grown thicker bones and a spike underneath its bony counterbalance below its mouth. It has also grown thicker legs and a stubbier tail. Gender-B has developed a sac filled with a gaseous material it roughly the same position as the bones supporting the spike in the Gender-A's.
   They mate when the spike pennetrates the soft membrane on the surface of the skin near the sac. The gaseous material bonds with the genetic coating on the spike and mixes with a liquid solution on the walls of the sac. The spike is withdrawn and the membrane reseals, and 2-4 infant Suntus mature along the edges of the wall. the gestation period lasts roughly 18 Earth months, and then they emerge by breaking through the same soft membrane.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 06:16:49 pm by Brandonazz »

Offline Brandonazz

• Everything ends.
    • View Profile
Re: _.-'-._The Suntus_.-'-._
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2007, 05:46:34 pm »
A map of the Doso Ruledom in 10,000T.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 06:53:13 pm by Brandonazz »

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2007, 06:09:10 pm »
Awesome map, and a realy interesting mating system. Good job, this is one of the more creative creatures on the boards ;D

Offline Brandonazz

• Everything ends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2007, 08:49:26 pm »
Elaboration on the above map. 

It may have been the first unifying government, but it was still very confederated. Patriarch Doso was born in Suntar, the most centralized Suntus society of its day. Its government was based off of Agriculture, as were most societies, but there was a difference. The number of fruit bearing vegitation of every major estate was looked upon every time the ruler was contested or died, and whoever seemed to have the most vegitation became the Agrak, which is most closely translated as Agricultural Patriarch. The Agrak had control over everything that didn't let him take vegitation from other estates in the area. Doso's only other sibling died at a young age, so when both of his parents died he became the head of the largest estate and the Agrak of Suntar.
   Doso made his first move toward power when at 23 EHY*, he and a band of some of the large in the region moved southwest along the fertile coast until they came to a nearby village aligned with the Shuk Agrisociety.          An Agrisociety was a group of Suntus that would tend to the fruit bearing vegitation collectively, and whoever did seemingly the most work would become Trak, something resembling Head Figure, for about one month in which time he would have to do little work, but would deal with outside soceties when necessary. Those in these societies who did no work were either fed by their parents and children, or starved, making ones like this rare.
   The current Trak of this society was known as Outoi. Doso brought his group to his dwelling and forced him to come out in front of the society who had been also forced from their work. Doso explained to him how their government work and it made their people strong, but when Outoi refused to even consider it, Doso had him removed from the village forcefully. He told the people that their society was now part of the Suntar heirarchy and that they now had to follow whoever had the most vegitation. A few of them objected, but he had them also sent out into the wilderness where they would no doubt be killed, claiming that the vegitation by their former dwellings now belonged to him.
   Doso continued this with a number of minor groups in the region, securing his family's place as the Agraks of Suntar for long to come with his confiscating of native lands. At 25 EHY, the people of the Shuk Agrisociety, the group that most Suntus in the region associated with, decided to try and stop him. Volunteers in the society grouped together and made their way with sharpened tree branches toward Suntar.
   Doso wouldn't let them succeed. With his broad powers he appropriated a group of Suntus four times the size of the volunteer force in a day, 2000 to their 500, and met them in the first documented battle in Suntus history. The volunteers put up a strong fight, killing 800 of Doso's men, but they  unpreventably failed, and the surviving 100 of them retreated home. Doso took his remaining men and marched on Shuk. It surrenderec to his will easily. He then found a strong collaborator, and arranged it that he had far more land that anyone else in the society. He was made the Subagrak of Shuk, and made to answer only to Doso.
   In the following years , he continued the first ever military campaign in history and brought almost all of the settled Suntus tribes under his control, placing a Subagrak at the head of every major society.
   At 28 EHY, he even ordered the first rafts built, wide, hardened vegitation would be strapped together with longer, more flexible vegitation. It all was from his increasingly bloated estate so he never overstepped his bounds doing so. They carried Suntus north to found two new model societies along either side of the Suntus gulf. in the year 10,000T Doso was 30 EHY.

*Equivalent Human Years

EDIT: First post updated.

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
Re: _.-'-._The Suntus_.-'-._ COMMENT! I'M BEGGING YOU!
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2007, 10:30:03 am »
Wow, these guys are cool!
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Brandonazz

• Everything ends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2007, 10:32:00 am »
A comment! Have a cookie!  :D

Offline ARCosta

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Ki
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2007, 08:16:13 am »
Wow there's so much deep information it's almost bottomless. *bedum psssss* Cool creature, but the ball with 2 legs is a little over-exploited, no? Good thing they have so many alien stuff that stands out. ;)  And the maps are awesome.
Green grin

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2007, 01:27:55 pm »
 :o

Why haven't I seen these guys before?! It's amazing!

Better to live like there was a God, then die and find out there isn't than to live like there wasn't a God then die and find out there is.

Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.

Offline Brandonazz

• Everything ends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2007, 01:36:51 pm »
I guess I can update now that I've gotten more comments.  ;)

Offline Oviraptor

• Shinobi Ninja
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2007, 04:27:08 pm »
Just keep making maps; I love maps. :)