Author Topic: Sam`s Dungeons & Dragons - Journal!  (Read 2198 times)

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
Sam`s Dungeons & Dragons - Journal!
« on: July 02, 2007, 01:14:07 pm »
this is the place where the players can post the journal entry`s (if they want to)

just post m right over here ;D
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 07:54:28 am by Celdur »

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
Re: Celdur`s Dungeons & Dragons - Journal!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 05:39:26 pm »
The Journal of Zyzzyx part 1
The true story of what transpired

The Mercenary Company

following text is written in Celestial

Garren my new master have decided that we need some more money and have found a leader of a Mercenary company willing to take him in. Sir Reytaff Dob and wizard that specializes in the magic art of transmutation leads the band of Mercenary's. I guess he is OK for being a manling. He at least he got potential even if he have somewhat limited common sense. There is also Krelen a Manling rouge. His skills seem to be lacking and he haves no manners and is short sighted most Manlings. Jarog a Kobold sorcerer that have learned to work with Manlings. Admirable indeed considering how annoying most Manlings tend to be. Notoss a Centaur. Seems that i was right when judging creatures by there size. The larger they are the more they like to trample on those that are smaller. Notoss is not exception. He do no like me and I do not like him. And then there are some others that i do not know that well.

We arrived at Firestone. A small little town with very little to do in. we toke in at the local Inn and used it as a basic site of operations. Reytaff Dob having some business of sort to attend to sent us out to look for missions. I was sent out to spy on the manlings in the city will the others checked out the bulletined board. Wile i was spying on some merchants i saw a theft steal something form them. I followed him to a house where he when it. I then traveled back to the others and reported what i have seen. They told me to show them the house . After a short walk i was able to show the house to them. Our own theft Krelen when and tried to open the door forgot where he had put his lock picking gear or something so he had to abort is attempt. Notssos our big and dumb Centaur then got the brilliant idea to brake down the door! I of course told them that it would be a mistake and that there could a a hole den of thefts on the other side. Did they listen to me? No. Notssos broke down the door and on the other side was a very angry Manling. They asked me if that was the person i have seen and i answered no. Realizing that they did not know what they where getting in to they decided to retreat. They trow the manling a coin for the door and whet back.

The Bandits Camp

Seeing as there was not work for a band of Mercenary in Firestone we started to travel outside. We came on a outpost at the road crossing that consisted of Halflings and Manlings. One of the Manlings sported us. He seemed to be happy. He told use that he needed help with a bandit camp that was not far away. We agreed seeing how we could make a profit from it. We traveled to the bandit camp. When we came closer we decided that we should spy on the first. But the tall folk blew it as usual and we where spotted. I manage to hide in the bushes and readies my sword. The 3 bandits attack (a Manling and 2 Halflings) Garren and Krelen wile i waited for the right moment to strike. Krelen manage how ever unlike it sounds to land a decent strike against one of the Halflings. Garren my master manage to strike the wounded halfling when he tired to escape. Now i saw my opertunaty to attack the weak Manling that had turn his back on me. I stuck him with a might blow that render him unconsensus, bleeding to dead on the ground. My master have now started to play a tune to bolster our spirits. I then attacked the last standing bandit and wounded him. He quickly surrender knowing that he was no match for my skill with the blade.

After the last one of them surrender we started to integrate them. The Bandit told use there was one more of them but he was in the city. After Garren have saved the Manling form bleeding to death Krelen tried to tie them all up. To no one suprice he did not do a good job and the halfing escaped. Lucky the wound i have coused him slowed him down enough for use to capture him. This time Krelen did a REAL job of tie him down. We collected as much we could of what we could find of value at the bandit camp and then we traveled back. I suggested that we should try to take the prisoners with or at least not leave the there. We could keep them as slaves or maybe sell them. However my Advice was ignored. When we came back the the Outpost the Manling that gave us the mission ask how it went. I advised Krelen to say that we had killed all the bandits as we did not have the prisoners with us. Krelen did so but once he hear that the Manling have hoped that we bring the back alive he quickly changed his story. This of course greatly displeased men. Manlings do such stupid things when they become greedy. They need learn how to channel there greed and the greeds of others in a more productive fashion. Luckily I am not as impulsive as the other Mercenary's and know how to keep my emotions in check. The Manling of course was somewhat irritate and asked Krelen why he had lied. I stepped in and manage to convince him because it was because of coin. Which technically was correct. The Manling then left off to the bandit camp to pick up the bandits. We then traveled back to the Inn where we where staying.

At the Inn we rested and later decided to divide what we found at the bandits camp. My misguided master wanted to give my a club for  some unexplainable reason. I said no, having no use for a Manling size club, and if a sold it i would not get to keep the coin anyway. After they had divided the minor objects there was only one object left. A belt they believed to be magical.  Jarog cast a spell of detect magic to confirm this and as suspected could pick up a trace of magic form the object. No rather then cast a Identify spell on it they decided to test it on ME! They seemed to hope that it was a belt of feather fall (or at least get a excuse to throw my off the roof of the Inn). I tried get them to reconsider using me as a tool for experimentation but when my master ordered me to ware the belt as a slash i could not refuse. After all he is my master. I put on the belt and started to feel a bit sick. The belt disappeared shortly after in to thin air. This will most likely not be the last time i get to test some stupid magical object they have found.

The following paragraph is written in Infernal with the Elven Alphabet

After resting a bit I manage to figure out what happen. The belt seem to a transformed my gender. The rest of the Mercenary company do not seem to have noticed. They probably thing that I am Sexless. I feel pretty fine however. It is not like it matters what sex I but i will try to keep this secret for my self. I fell a little unconformable with getting others know. They would most likely make fun of me. Who knows this might not be the first time it have happed to me. I do after all no remember much from my past.

The Mining Town Wart

Again my master Garren had to study so he told me to follow Sir Reytaff Dob orders. Finding little work in Firestone Reytaff decided that we should go to one of the settlement near by. We packed, Notoss followed and we went on the road. On our way to the outpost we met with the Manling who gave use last mission. I do not like him so i tried to hide behind Reytaff. Reytaff ask the man about the local area. He heard that there was conflict on the horizon and a suggested that we might profit form it. It did not take long before Reytaff had made up his mind to go to Wart, a small miners town to the south.

Well at the town of wart Reytaff found out that it would not be as easy to get in as he first thought. The guards at the gate told him to turn back. That would however not stop him as stubborn as he is. Reytaff first hatched the plan to trow me over the wall and somehow open the gate. I can not say that i found the idea to be a brilliant one but at the time but i agreed to it anyway. I thought it would be a good excuse to get away from those two for a wile. However Reytaff plan quickly changed when i told him about the guards i saw on the wall. I could also hear the gate opening and told Reytaff about it. He quickly changed his plan and decided to try to make a run trow the gate. I advice against it knowing that the guard would try to capture. Reytaff simply ignored my advice and the Centaur grab me and put me on his back. They quickly ran thought the gate. Once the Centaur had made it trough the gate i was wise enough to jumped off and headed for cover wile the guards continue to after my companions. Well hidden under a ramp i could not hear much but my guess is that the guards had a full time trying to capturer them. None of the guards seemed to be looking for me but i could not be to careful. Even if they did not see my on the Centaurs back a Imp would erase suspicion.

After hiding out for a while I surreptitious took to the streets to see if i could get a better picture of what was happing. I managed to hear the Centaur surrendering to the guards. As he was surrendering i heard how the city came under attack. For the first time i heard the Centaur use his brain and he managed to convince that we where scouts hired in field and that we had panicked when we saw the enemy and ran in to the city to seek cover. He managed to trick them and saved us from this predicament. I can not help to feel a bit impressed by the Centaur to turn the situation. Maybe there something in the skull of his. But we can not always relay on luck to help us out. And we are not out of this yet.

The Battle of Wart

Now that we have managed to out wit the guards and gather the party, our leader Reytaff heard about what was going on and was eager to join the battle in progress. Manlings are motivated by so small things. Our leader Reytaff told use to do what we are best at so i decided to find a barrel and take it easy until this hole mess is over. He did not give my sword back so i guess he did not expect anything more from me. Lets just hope we are on the winning side.

The battle rages on. It is not sounding well for our side. feeling a little restless i decided that i might do something so they would think i was trying to help them. I am sure that i can survive quite easily even if this towns authority do not. Anyway i when toke a look, found some weapons and bought some of them to Notoss that might have use of them. That also gave me a excuse to get back the backpack with my masters items and my sword. Then i rand for cover. First near the gate but i felt a little uneasy at staying there so i ran in to a ally further away form the towns gate. After searching for a wile i found a warehouse to hide in. Made my self comfortable and decided to wait out the battle. After a few hours it started to get more quiet. At that time i was getting a little bored and started to explore the warehouse. I manage to find some stuff but not much wroth taking. I collected what i could carry of value and placed it near my backpack. Now i have 5 swords, 3 axes, 3 lances and a little box i have not managed to get opened. Then i toke one of the swords and tried to bend some of the other boxes opened in the warehouse. I got some of them open and it contain ore. After examining the ore i was able to figure out that it was probably silver. The ore had the same look and creepy feel like silver. Im not sure if i should take it with me or leave it. It is the same material after all they use to make Holy weapons to slay my kind. And it is quite valuable. But it is rather heavy to carry around everywhere and it creeps me out.

Selling The Silver

I packed my backpack and just managed to take all the weapons and the small box with me. Then i started to look for the others. Wile looking for the others i notices that the battle was over. It looks like our side won. I was lucky enough to spot them at the local temple of wart. When i got there i saw that Reytaff was recruit a new member to his Mercenary Band. He did not look like much. A scrawny Manling that called him self Samuel the Crane. I am not sure what use he would be. I do not trust him but i manage to convince Reytaff that i should take a closer look at him just to see if he really is what he claimers. I detected a aura of divine magic as weak as his strength looked to be so at least he was not hiding his power. I saw no trace of good in his soul ether. Something that is both good and bad. I can not say if he will backstab us for sure but now i have a small picture of who he is. After we where done with the introduction i decided to tell Reytaff about the silver i found in the warehouse. Reytaff eyes light up like scales of a radiant dragon.

I toke Reytaff and the other to the warehouse. They all loaded up as much as they could carry without needing to drag the ore. Such a thing would have draw attention to us making it hard if not impossible to smuggle out the silver out of Wart. When we where done we moved toward the gate. The new manling believed he could disguise as one of the towns officials and make it out of the city though the main gate. But the guards at the gate where not so easily fooled. With no papers it would be hard for even true official to make his way out the the city carrying a lot of silver ore. But a small bribe was all that was needed. We left the city and manage to get to our base of operation.

The market in Firestone was to small so we did not find any buyer. But we manage to acquire a wagon so we would not have to drag all the silver ore. We traveled to Ynos where we would hope to sell the silver ore. At Ynos we found a merchant that seemed somewhat willing to buy the silver ore but it soon became apparent that he did not trust us. (And he was probably right about trusting us. Especially when we consider what happen after i left.)  I tried to convince them that we would do better if we found a other merchant. Maybe he would even change his mind if we came back later. But they did not listen to me as always so i left to buy new weapons with Master Garren. In hindsight it may have been better if i would have stayed. The maybe that incidence that followed shortly after i had gone could have been adverted. Still maybe it was for the best. There experience may have though them a thing or two about thinking before acting.

After we where done shopping Master Garren and I went back to the warehouse where the other where going to sell the silver ore. But when we got back there was no one there. Wile Garren and I was gone Reytaff, Samuel and the manling theft got the stupid idea to raid the merchant rather then pay him the silver ore. Naturally the guards managed to capture them. Garren asked around wile i stayed with the silver ore that still was left outside in the wagon. He managed to track the down to a local holding jail. I suggested that we would leave them there and take the silver for our self but sadly my master is more "Noble". He was tempted however. I could see it in his eyes. He tried to raise some money for bail by selling some of the silver but the guard said that Master Garren he had to wait. They where being send to the main prison facility managed by the Royal order.

A Fresh Start

Wile Master Garren and I waited Reytaff and those with him managed to escape. They found us outside the warehouse with the wagon. Luck for them i had not manage to talk Garren out of waiting for them. We quickly left for the nearest city. When we got there Reytaff decided on trying to sell the silver ore we go. This time no one ended up killed or in jail. I can only hope the Manlings learn a few things form there last failed attempt. We manage to sell the silver and everyone got there share.

Reytaff decided that we needed a base of operation. He send out the others to gather information about the local area hoping we would find out some place we could take over to use as our headquarters. They came back and told Reytaff about a small keep that was out of the town. Apparently the no one have heard form the keep it a wile and the place was in ruins. I guess that with the civil war going on the local authorizes have no time to send anyone to investigate the old damaged keep. We set off towards the fort hoping that we would be able to take the keep for our own.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 05:40:41 pm »
The Journal of Zyzzy part 2
The true story of what transpired

The Keep

As we got closer to the keep we could spot something moving in around the small fort. I toke out my Masters old spyglass form the backpack and looked at the keep. I could see that there was several goblins. Reytaff then asked me what i could see so i haded over the spyglass to him. After that we made up a plan on how to tackle the situation. Rather the just killing the Goblins we would try to capture them and make them our slaves. To do this Samuel use his divine ability in trickery to mask him self as a shaman.

We managed to capture the keep after killing many of the Goblins. After there leader the shaman the Goblins moral was as good as gone. But someone had to push the goblins beyond there braking point and we had a incident. Reytaff got hit bad but i managed to save him. Wile i tended to Reytaff the rest managed to

I manage to shape change! I toke the form of a wing elf that i membered from my former life. Those winged elves that where taken always fascinated me. I managed to convince my old master to take one as a slave. She was young and weak but she was still pretty expensive. But my master was captivated by the winged elf as much as I was. My old Master never regret buying the Avarial. The form also reminded me of the Erinyes back in bator. We had several Erinyes guarding at the breach. Very fearsome warriors. There grace in combat made me always somewhat jealous.

The new form was a great choice. Even it clothing itches a bit. But the hides of elves are to thin and i like being cold less then having itchy cloths. And then its the other problem. It is all right for me to have not cloths when i am in Imp form. Then no one cares. But would i change in to Avarieal form then they start to gaze at me. Makes me feel uncombable. Where i come form Clothing is more a status symbol then anything else. But for mortal its more then a way to symbolize status. Well i guess i will get use to it. Hay it might even be fun to wear them once they stop itching so much!

Sir Reytaff, Samuel and Me are going to see if we can not gain some friends in high society. We need as many allies as we can get. Especially if we wish to keep the fort. Garren bought a the cloths for me especially for this mission. Im going to play the role of Samuels Novice. I believe that Samuel think that my youthful appearance and exotic wings will make it easier for use to influence the noble men. To make the illusion complete i toke the name of Cythil. A Elven name meaning Onyx-Wing.

The Lord

We traveled to the Ynos. There we got a nice robe for Samuel and we looked for the Aristocracy in the city. We heard of a local lord living in a villa in the exclusive part of the city. He seemed to be very influanceal in the city. We when to the villa we where stopped by the guard. He would not let us pass at first but Samuel convinced him otherwise. But I am not sure what he promised the guard really. That guard was really creepy and i do not like the way he looked at me. Manlings really annoy me.

After we managed to pass the guard we meet up with the master of the villa him self. He did not seem that interested in us but he gave us a chance to prove our self by investigate what have happed to a old fort. The fort we happed to have cleared out already. Apparently it was his guards what where posted at the fort. We knew it would be best if we did not tell him right away what we had done at the fort.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 05:44:35 pm by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 04:41:40 pm »

The Death of Krelen. Or: "How I learned to stop worrying and love evil hourglasses of initiative +1"

The Silver heist. Or: "How I learned to stop worrying and love Floating Disk"
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 01:33:44 pm by Krakow Sam »
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 06:49:35 am »
The Death and return of Olimar

After out fight with the Vermin Lord that serves Kzerz it was clear that Olimar have been slain familiar have been slain. I offered to bring back his body to keep and try to raise him form wile Reytaff handle the deal with the Werewolf that help us. The journey back to the keep was quick with the help of the Teleporation orbs. At the keep a told the guard to take care of his body. I took the items he had on him self to make sure no one else would loot his body.

One of the guards then told me that we had a visitor. I told the guard that he should keep the stranger outside the fort. I then shortly after got up on the roof of the keep to great him. Looking down on him i asked what is business was. I notice that he was a servant of Tsamina and that he was heavily armored. He was apparently seeking Olimar who he had some sort of a deal. I did not tell him that Olimar was dead but i did tell him that he could not see him, at least not until i have done my errands (being resurrecting Olimar.) I then left him and whet inside the keep.

I talked with one of the guards about the local area. I am still not that familiar with the surroundings of the area but i do not that clerics are rare at these parts and that i would most likely not find a skilled necromancer ether. I was hoping he could guide me towards some druid that could help me out. He did not know where to find a druid but he was petty sure that there would be some in the area. He talked about a hermit that could help and i then though about the herb collector. He would most likely know something about the local area.

I left the keep traveling toward the herb collector. I notice that the the servant of Tsamina was following me. I tried to ignore him wanting no trouble. I got to the house of the herb collector. He seemed agitated but when he saw me he quickly changed tone. Apparently he have had problems with a dire bear and not been able to collect any herbs. I had however little interest in his excuses as i had more pressing matter to attend to. I ask him if he knew anything about the local druids. He told me to follow a path to find the but he lied about where to exactly find them. I became somewhat angry and force him to tell the truth. After that i left him. The dire bear situation have to wait until later.

I walked on foot following the path in the forest. I also notice that the servant of Tsamina had cough up with me but i ignored him. After a long walk suddenly a pack of wild dire boars appeared. I turned invisible hoping they would not notice me. That foolish warrior that was stalking me however when on a full out attack on the closest dire boar. The others turned to face him and attacked. Though he tried with all of his might to defeat the 3 dire boars he had no chance. If it was not for the timely intervention of a druid he then he would surely die. I played it wise and kept my distance.

The Dire boars left as fast as the Druid showed up. The Elven Female druid was well armored in a full plate made of wood (Probably Iron wood) and she wielded a great club. She had a larger snake with her. She asked about why we where disturbing the forest. That foolish warrior did not have enough wits to thank to druid for her assistance but instead started to talk back. I on the other hand made it clear that i did no what to disturb that clam and that i was only seeking assistance from the druids. It did not take long before the argument between the druid and the warrior escalated in to battle.

Wile the warrior was rushing at the druid the druid cast chill metal on the warriors armor. I took up my sling and started to attack the foolish warrior. The battle was pretty quick and both manage to land some gruesome hits. The warrior as a last desperate attempt before his freezing cold armor would become to much for him tried to delver some sort of touch spell i believe to the druid but i do not think it succeeded. he lay down his arms to surrender but it was to late. The cold finally got to him and he lost consciousness. That battle was over but it was close. With one luck hit he would most likely have killed the druid if he had not choice to attack he with his touch attack.

As he lay there with his life slipping away she asked me to aid him so he would not die. Apparently she wanted him alive so he could stand trial for what he had done. I agreed to help her. She also started to strip him of his armor then tied him up with vines. She asked me to carry the rest of his items and i agreed.

She asked about what why i needed the druids help and i told her about Olimars death. She agreed to help me as i had help her. She started to walk dragging the warrior behind her and i followed. She took me deep in to the forest. There she showed where they gathered around a giant tree. She lead me down in to tunnels that had been dug out under the area. I asked her name and i told her mine as a sign of friendship. She took me to the consul of elder druids. A Manling a Elf and a Halfling where sitting around a basin of water. They asked who i was and i let the druid answer. She told that i needed help to bring Olimar back. One of them detected my taint and they all cast true seeing. There was no idea of hiding my true nature now so i polymorph in to my natural form. The druid was somewhat shocked and i apologized for this deception. I told them however that my intentions where true and that i had not lied about trying to raise Olimar. With the promises that they do what ever they wish with us after he had been raise they agreed to preform the ceremony.

I polymorph back to my Avarial form and traveled back to the Keep. There i got his body and his familiar. I then traveled back to the druids where they had made preparations for the ceremony. To my surprise i learn that Olimar could not be brought back. They manage however to bring back his familiar how now ironically was turned in to a rat. But all hope was not lost. One of them told me that he was a cleric and could preform a other ritual that would bring him back. The only catch was that he need diamond that was worth about 10,000gp. Even with Olimar money i could not afford diamonds like that but i travel back to the keep taking the familiar with me. I left Olimars body in the care of the druids. After thinking for a wile i decided to asked the Lore for help. Olimar had been the lord fate full servent after all.

I was however meet with disappointment when i talked to the lord. He would not help. He had even forgotten who Olimar was. He was acting paranoid. It seems that the drug he had been taking was taking its tole on him. because of this i decided if i could not liberate the vault of the needed items my self. When i got there i could not find the treasurer which do not surprise me as it was getting late and he had probably already gone. I started to commune with the powers beyond the martial world to see if i find a way in to the vault. It seems that my best hope is to use the key to the vault that is guarded somewhere in the treasurer villa.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons