Author Topic: Alternate History: Kangor's Galaxy  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
Alternate History: Kangor's Galaxy
« on: June 30, 2007, 02:16:04 pm »
Continued from The What If Thread. This will detail how the alternate galaxy reacted to normal-galaxy events, tying them in, etc...Just read on.

"40 years since the end of the war. 40 years since Cortan bled on the stairs of the Palace of Seduction. 40 years since the League formed. 40 years since everything changed.

They call it the Revolution, now. We called it The Civil War. Here in Auyuelcliadia, the Empire was buggered, right? A total mess. Rebels everywhere, utter chaos. Tsull arose, his armies sweeping the confusion into the desert, erecting a new order of security and well, order. He allied with similar movements, like the Labour. The galaxy was a rougher place, back then. In-fghting, chaos, anarchy, economic depression, no-one knew what to do. Everything was falling apart. War and struggle was everywhere, terrorism and crime threatened everyone. No-one was safe.

Tsull is still Protector of Auyuelcliadia, and The Unspoken bless him, I say!

It was odd. One day, there was fighting in the streets, chaos, rioting, strikes, violence and protests...then, it seemed to cease, As though everyone was quiet at once. It seemed as though Tsull had some power, to quiet the masses with just a gesture or a word. It was as though a storm had ended, and we all looked around. Three new superpowers rose out of the chaos, and regarded each other. All of them needed slave labour. All of them has Imperalistic desires. A new war seemed imminent. But Kangor and Tsull met and forged The Treaty of The Seream, and from there grew the League. They claimed that this was the ultimate power of a dictator; face-to-face diplomacy.

The League is the collosus that sits astride the Galaxy. The Leaague is a Union of Jiana's Ulian Empire, Kangor's Fascist Kangoria, Casmut's Tsullist Auyuelcliadia, The Urshan Labour Party, the Fascist Forthi Delegation...The list goes on. Let us not forget that it also controls ViS Supreme, The Torpallian Nationalist Union, The Xometrian Tsullist Army...Factions and Rebels across the galaxy, and of course, The Olympian Tsullist Republic, Tsullist Beyon... Any state or movement with correct ideaology. Soon the League shall reign supreme over the Torpals, Xometrians, ViS, Icthians, Squillisks,  Haldoran...every race in the Galaxy....

The League, Its ideaology....are supreme. The pathetic Thoon, Draani and Sullii races have been exterminated, and lesser races  like the Slorthiums and the KOR will be enslaved. We are...Invincible."

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
Re: Alternate History: Kangor's Galaxy
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 04:44:15 pm »
Ah, I so love Alternate History. Read three short stories just today,

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 11:31:09 pm »
I read an article on 'In the Presence of my Enemies" and was inspired. I think Im going to give Harry Turtledove a serious look.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 06:36:23 am »
I read an article on 'In the Presence of my Enemies" and was inspired. I think Im going to give Harry Turtledove a serious look.

I actually have that book  :D

Havn't gotten to reading it though, I'm on "The Best Alternate History Stories of the 20th Century"