Author Topic: Wii Ware Games  (Read 22638 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Wii Ware Games
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2008, 11:50:05 pm »
You play the role of a king and your goal is to rebuild a kingdom. The king has a power that lets him build stuff really fast, just some excuse to explain the near-instant building construction. Anyway you send out adventurers to get resources and complete missions that advance the story (the story is paltry at best) and aside from that you are managing the happiness of your town, the budget, your adventurers, and the town's look! You can walk around town and talk to people to get hints about what buildings they want near their houses and overall it is a lot of fun.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2008, 07:05:28 pm »
I just got the points for that and played some today. It's a very different kind of game, and I'm liking it. The building aspect felt like Dark Cloud a bit (though, no option to replace buildings, but the no redoing really gives the city a feeling that it is indeed yours) and the other parts give a sense of power but not disconnected from your subjects. If I can figure out the difference between the Green and Yellow faces above the heads of adventurers when giving them orders, then I'll have a really good feeling for when to send them on the mission or when to send them to gain XP. Overall though, it's extremely fun, kind of like animal crossing mixed with SimTown. Highly recommended.
Virus Buster.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2008, 09:23:06 am »
Oh the green means happy and the yellow means ecstatic.

Also Dr. Mario is out now, so make sure you go pick that up!

**EDIT**
As far as Dr. Mario goes, they did a great job preserving the fun of the old game. I love the music too, they really nailed the remixes of Fever and Chill and also added two new songs; however, the new songs don't quite capture the feel of the game like the originals.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 02:17:47 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2008, 10:13:19 am »
im having lots of fun with final fantasy and lost winds now  :D

its going pretty good with FF...although i wish i had a tavern so that white mages are actualy usefull...

fun thing though is that my lvl 15 guys cant beat a boss at a lvl 8 dungeon  :P
a lizard guy and a lizard priest...
the thing is that the lizard priest keeps healing and makes it hard to kill any of the 2
thats why i want to have a party so badly...

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2008, 12:40:49 pm »
I hope once I get the people split into fourth (1/4 warrior, 1/4 thief, 1/4 WM, 1/4 BM), the AI will pick up on that and party themselves accordingly, as it is, it kind of sucks that the WM I have that I didn't manually party seems to be going out alone :-\.
Virus Buster.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2008, 01:08:16 pm »
i read that you could asemble the parties yourself...if its just random its kinda unbalanced isnt it?

That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2008, 01:54:01 pm »
It's one custom party per tavern, so at the best situation, only 3 parties can be declared by you because three is the total limit on taverns. Everyone else parties themselves in groups of one or more... I'm aware one person a party does not make.
Virus Buster.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2008, 02:48:58 pm »
yeah i know what you mean now

i just got the tavern

the smart thing to do is just send the 4 best people on 1 behest and they will form a party

so you just pick a mage warrior thief and white mage

and the rest can just go get xp

then you always have the best party combination

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2008, 03:14:14 pm »
I was also hoping that groups would pool the feelings and allow more people to line up at the announcement boards, alas, it doesn't, and key party members can stay home for a day because they don't feel too well.
Virus Buster.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2008, 02:40:52 am »
i have like 16 adventurers now  :)

my best 4 are all in a party
and when there is a boss the others cant defeat...the next day they almost always show up to kick its ass
there really good...although the white mage could heal a bit more...
i wish he would get a medal so that i could give him the healing medal

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2008, 09:55:00 am »

Offline vonboy

• Centipede Crackerjack
  • the tiniest evil thing known to man and willosaurs
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2008, 04:10:37 pm »
well, i have downloaded 3 wiiware games so far, Dr. Mario, final fantasy, and defend the castle. since no one has talked about defend your castle yet, i'll talk about that one. you basically have a castle, and little guys try to come up to your castle to destroy it, and you have to pick them up and throw them to their deaths. every enemy you kill gives you points you can spend on upgrades, like more walls, heal castle hp, get a conversion pit (to drop enemies into to convert, of course), archer outpost, mage outpost, demolition labs, and repair shops (to repair you castle automatically) the mage outpost gives you a few spells that make it easier to kill certain enemies. there is a free flash version of this game on the net, but i like this version better because you can more quickly and easel y kill your enemies. overall, not a bad download, and it's at least worth the 500 wiipoints.
Quote from: ilikedirt
your spores are wack

Fatal Error: You're creature is crap. You're computer will now explode.

check out my sporepedia page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/vonboy

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2008, 04:33:29 pm »
Ehh... if anyone wants to play Defend Your Castle, just go here.

Saved you some Wii Points. :P

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2008, 05:28:08 pm »
I'm pretty sure I've played that before I remember my wrist feeling really really cramped from playing that.

Offline vonboy

• Centipede Crackerjack
  • the tiniest evil thing known to man and willosaurs
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2008, 07:08:10 pm »
I'd say it's worth 5 bucks though, because the Wiimote controls feel really good, unlike the mouse based controls for the flash version, which will give you carpel tunnel (exaggeration, of course), and it's improved upon the flash version enough i think to warrant the 5 bucks. it might just be that my mouse is kinda crappy though. it doesn't want to sense my movements sometimes, so it makes it genuinely annoying.
Quote from: ilikedirt
your spores are wack

Fatal Error: You're creature is crap. You're computer will now explode.

check out my sporepedia page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/vonboy