Author Topic: Wii Ware Games  (Read 22607 times)

Offline The Rut Nut

• Mystery House Madman
  • I'm 100% Awesome.
    • View Profile
Wii Ware Games
« on: June 29, 2007, 07:07:50 am »
I was surprised to see that no one had started a topic on this yet, since apparently this seems like a big deal. Here's the Kotaku article.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/so-fresh-and-so-clean/wiiware-original-downloadable-games-confirmed-for-wii-272634.php

Basically what it's telling us is that in early 2008, we'll be able to download games from small developers... not just big ones. Apparently it's a pretty cool deal. Will Indie developer games actually turn out to be any good is my question, though. I'm excited.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 10:53:23 am by LadyM »

Wii Friend Code :  7212 3384 7515 0076

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Original Titles to be offered on Wii Ware?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 07:36:10 am »
They already talked about this in the Kotaku Sez thread.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 09:40:07 am »
Change the title of this topic to 'WiiWare Games' and you will be good.

Nothing amazing yet, but interesting.

Maybe the Wii version of Mario Paint that I have secretly wanted.

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 09:54:55 am »
There was a group of people I know planning to make a 2D version of smash brothers for download onto gameboys and the like, I wonder if they would do the same for the wii, if they're still doing it...

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 09:24:07 am »
Strong Bad is getting an episodic WiiWare game!

Personally, I think this is super nifty!

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 09:26:18 am »
That... is EPIC.  :D

Better to live like there was a God, then die and find out there isn't than to live like there wasn't a God then die and find out there is.

Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: Wii Ware Games
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 10:54:02 am »
Topic title changed to Wii Ware Games.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 11:17:12 am »
Good deal!

Here is another one.

I've never seen this game before but it does look like a lot of fun.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 01:36:31 pm »
Wii Ware doesn't seem terribly exciting to me. It may change when there are more games on it, but otherwise the lineup so far isn't very impressive.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 01:52:34 pm »
Wii Ware doesn't seem terribly exciting to me. It may change when there are more games on it, but otherwise the lineup so far isn't very impressive.

I hear that. It could be, after experiencing the frustration with Smash Online, anything that has to deal with the Wii online makes me feel jaded. Also I've been very spoiled and pampered with XBLA and not having little things like online-multiplayer and leader boards with almost every game, lessens the value of Wii Ware titles for me.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 02:07:02 pm »
Nintendo really has to shape up their online. At this point there are no games with online that interest me (not a big fan of Smash without friends next to you) and the games that I think could be fun online don't have it.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline smurfslayer

• Centipede Crackerjack
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 03:23:28 pm »
Some of the games look really good but others... not so much. The Final Fantasy game that's coming to WiiWare looks good but for what is essentially the equivalent of an Xbox Live Arcade game, it is woefully overpriced. $15 for the core game and you have to pay to unlock other races.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 09:32:19 pm »

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 03:04:01 am »
Some of the games look really good but others... not so much. The Final Fantasy game that's coming to WiiWare looks good but for what is essentially the equivalent of an Xbox Live Arcade game, it is woefully overpriced. $15 for the core game and you have to pay to unlock other races.

It seriously beats out Oblivion and the horse armour fiasco.  It's very obvious they've held back certain content for the game to make us pay for it later.  New costumes, buildings, races, and it's all very expensive.  I would have expected more from Square.

I also hear that it's going to be known as Wii Software in Europe.  Not sure if there was any reason given for that..  The only game I'm really interested in so far is the Pokemon one, and only because you can get Mew from it.   :)

Offline smurfslayer

• Centipede Crackerjack
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 06:44:50 am »
There is one other game, Lost Winds, that has a lot of potential and looks like it might be really good. Beyond that though, I haven't seen anything that impressed me.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2008, 09:16:23 am »

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 08:42:20 am »
Ah! I figured it out!

The Sony PSP was designed to combat Nintendo in the handheld market, and while performing admirably it isn't looking like it will be tearing down any major walls any time soon. Move over to WiiWare by Nintendo, we could assume that it has been made to combat Mictosoft's Live Arcade. Furthermore we can assume that it will perform admirably (despite starting off slow, just like our friend the PSP) but never come to overtake Like Arcade, at least not this generation.

How's that sound? I was proud of coming up with that!

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008, 08:44:05 am »
well the way nintendo deals with its online stuff im sure it will never beat microsoft on that field

but im sure there will be some gems on wiiware in due time

That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2008, 12:48:19 pm »
Hopefully!

Some of their stuff looks good, that Final Fantasy game is on my list.

Offline Celtic Tiger

• Atari Combat Vet
  • Now in 3D!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2008, 09:01:11 pm »
1) The wii's memory is not large enough to hold more than a few wiiware games
2) Nintendo is already taking steps to prevent what they fear could happen: Wiiware being used as a dumping grounds for Indie developer's crap. Just like the wii itself. (I'm lookin' at you Gingerbreadman!)
3)I don't think there's a large enough audience for wiiware.

Really, the memory restriction's of the wii will restrict developer's to games that could just be put onto NewGrounds.

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2008, 02:33:03 am »
Really, the memory restriction's of the wii will restrict developer's to games that could just be put onto NewGrounds.
You know you can put a memory card in your Wii, right?

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2008, 03:32:18 am »
once you buy a game you dont have to buy it again...you can delete the game of your wii and redownload it any time you want...so you have an infinate amount of space

and like D said you can put a SD card in the thing...those things are pretty damn cheap so...

Offline skewedjester

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • The Book of Jester holds the truth...usually.
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2008, 04:20:27 am »
2) Nintendo is already taking steps to prevent what they fear could happen: Wiiware being used as a dumping grounds for Indie developer's crap. Just like the wii itself. (I'm lookin' at you Gingerbreadman!)

You mean Ninjabread Man? I rented that (thank Cthulhu it was with a free rental coupon) and didn't even bother playing after the first level. Heck, I returned it the next day. It could have been awesome. I mean, combining ninjitsu with baked goods!

DON'T PLAY THIS GAME, PEOPLE!

Anyway, I should say something on topic. I noticed that River City Ransom just came out for the Virtual Console. I loved that game. If I ever get some Wii Points as a gift, I'm getting that one.

gec05

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2008, 02:46:53 pm »
I just bought Lost Winds today.

Excellent! You must buy it. It has solid platforming/puzzle gameplay, pretty graphics, great story. The game is rather short and you can pass it in less than a day. But once you beat it, the true story is far from over so you can expect to see the story continue in episodes.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2008, 03:52:11 pm »
I was going to get some points tonight and buy Final Fantasy, that looks like a blast! Lost Winds is also on the list but I'll have to wait and see. I'm buying 4000 points and I don't know if I want to get Final Fantasy with all of the extras or Final Fantasy and Lost Winds. Maybe I can do both...

gec05

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2008, 06:55:38 pm »
Well I should add that no matter what you decide to do, you shouldn't be disappointed with Lost Winds. I can't say anything about the extras on FFCC. So you could cover that game specifically if you want to give everyone else a different quote on another WiiWare title.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2008, 07:07:27 pm »
I was playing around with the Wii Points cards in an attempt to find anything out. The first group of four numbers, if it falls between 1454 and 1459 it is a card that is meant for the US territories. I've done a little more research and it seems that 1453 is used on the 4000 point cards. The second group of four digits on both of my cards are 8051 and 8052 so there seems to be some significance there. As for the remaining digits, they seem to be a bit more random and are 0983-2817 and 2644-3542 respectively.

Oh how I would like there to be a way to crack the cards and allow for free points.

gec05

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2008, 07:16:13 pm »
Hey now, that's not fair. Say if that number which has yet to be used get bought and that person finding out they have an invalid card? I'd be rather pissed if I wasted my money for that. ;)

As for me I've only been using my debit card.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2008, 07:29:47 pm »
I did the math and it seems that I lucked out. Final Fantasy and Lost Winds cost 2500 Wii points together. I bought 4000 Wii points and I also had 100 points still on my account meaning that I had 4100 Wii points in total. Now, Final Fantasy with all of its add ons costs 3100 points (that is 1600 points worth of add ons) and with Lost Winds adds up to 4100 points! So I got them both and also downloaded all of the content for Final Fantasy! Yay!

It turns out that in Final Fantasy there are three race packs that cost 300 a piece; however, there is another download that will give you all three races at a discounted price of 800 points. Keep this in mind, don't get each race one at a time, you'll pay more than you have to! Get the three pack and save some points.

**EDIT**
The best part is now I have finally gotten rid of that annoying 100 points that has been in my account for the better part of a year. Felt like Nintendo was just taking my money... at least moreso than they already are. ;)

**EDIT EDIT**
I've been playing Final Fantasy and can see it becoming VERY addicting. If you are a fan of Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing (I am!) this game will be like crack (I can't get enough!). Also, if you are a fan of Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing (I am!) and are also a fan of RPGs (Woo!) this game will eat your life (It has!). Also, I highly recommend that you use the nunchuck for this game as the D-pad is horrible when it comes to controlling your character.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 09:13:45 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2008, 11:47:25 pm »
well pat...can you tell me what its like? im a fan of harvest crossingVII

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2008, 11:50:05 pm »
You play the role of a king and your goal is to rebuild a kingdom. The king has a power that lets him build stuff really fast, just some excuse to explain the near-instant building construction. Anyway you send out adventurers to get resources and complete missions that advance the story (the story is paltry at best) and aside from that you are managing the happiness of your town, the budget, your adventurers, and the town's look! You can walk around town and talk to people to get hints about what buildings they want near their houses and overall it is a lot of fun.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2008, 07:05:28 pm »
I just got the points for that and played some today. It's a very different kind of game, and I'm liking it. The building aspect felt like Dark Cloud a bit (though, no option to replace buildings, but the no redoing really gives the city a feeling that it is indeed yours) and the other parts give a sense of power but not disconnected from your subjects. If I can figure out the difference between the Green and Yellow faces above the heads of adventurers when giving them orders, then I'll have a really good feeling for when to send them on the mission or when to send them to gain XP. Overall though, it's extremely fun, kind of like animal crossing mixed with SimTown. Highly recommended.
Virus Buster.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2008, 09:23:06 am »
Oh the green means happy and the yellow means ecstatic.

Also Dr. Mario is out now, so make sure you go pick that up!

**EDIT**
As far as Dr. Mario goes, they did a great job preserving the fun of the old game. I love the music too, they really nailed the remixes of Fever and Chill and also added two new songs; however, the new songs don't quite capture the feel of the game like the originals.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 02:17:47 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2008, 10:13:19 am »
im having lots of fun with final fantasy and lost winds now  :D

its going pretty good with FF...although i wish i had a tavern so that white mages are actualy usefull...

fun thing though is that my lvl 15 guys cant beat a boss at a lvl 8 dungeon  :P
a lizard guy and a lizard priest...
the thing is that the lizard priest keeps healing and makes it hard to kill any of the 2
thats why i want to have a party so badly...

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2008, 12:40:49 pm »
I hope once I get the people split into fourth (1/4 warrior, 1/4 thief, 1/4 WM, 1/4 BM), the AI will pick up on that and party themselves accordingly, as it is, it kind of sucks that the WM I have that I didn't manually party seems to be going out alone :-\.
Virus Buster.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2008, 01:08:16 pm »
i read that you could asemble the parties yourself...if its just random its kinda unbalanced isnt it?

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2008, 01:54:01 pm »
It's one custom party per tavern, so at the best situation, only 3 parties can be declared by you because three is the total limit on taverns. Everyone else parties themselves in groups of one or more... I'm aware one person a party does not make.
Virus Buster.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2008, 02:48:58 pm »
yeah i know what you mean now

i just got the tavern

the smart thing to do is just send the 4 best people on 1 behest and they will form a party

so you just pick a mage warrior thief and white mage

and the rest can just go get xp

then you always have the best party combination

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2008, 03:14:14 pm »
I was also hoping that groups would pool the feelings and allow more people to line up at the announcement boards, alas, it doesn't, and key party members can stay home for a day because they don't feel too well.
Virus Buster.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2008, 02:40:52 am »
i have like 16 adventurers now  :)

my best 4 are all in a party
and when there is a boss the others cant defeat...the next day they almost always show up to kick its ass
there really good...although the white mage could heal a bit more...
i wish he would get a medal so that i could give him the healing medal

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2008, 09:55:00 am »

Offline vonboy

• Centipede Crackerjack
  • the tiniest evil thing known to man and willosaurs
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2008, 04:10:37 pm »
well, i have downloaded 3 wiiware games so far, Dr. Mario, final fantasy, and defend the castle. since no one has talked about defend your castle yet, i'll talk about that one. you basically have a castle, and little guys try to come up to your castle to destroy it, and you have to pick them up and throw them to their deaths. every enemy you kill gives you points you can spend on upgrades, like more walls, heal castle hp, get a conversion pit (to drop enemies into to convert, of course), archer outpost, mage outpost, demolition labs, and repair shops (to repair you castle automatically) the mage outpost gives you a few spells that make it easier to kill certain enemies. there is a free flash version of this game on the net, but i like this version better because you can more quickly and easel y kill your enemies. overall, not a bad download, and it's at least worth the 500 wiipoints.
Quote from: ilikedirt
your spores are wack

Fatal Error: You're creature is crap. You're computer will now explode.

check out my sporepedia page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/vonboy

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2008, 04:33:29 pm »
Ehh... if anyone wants to play Defend Your Castle, just go here.

Saved you some Wii Points. :P

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2008, 05:28:08 pm »
I'm pretty sure I've played that before I remember my wrist feeling really really cramped from playing that.

Offline vonboy

• Centipede Crackerjack
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2008, 07:08:10 pm »
I'd say it's worth 5 bucks though, because the Wiimote controls feel really good, unlike the mouse based controls for the flash version, which will give you carpel tunnel (exaggeration, of course), and it's improved upon the flash version enough i think to warrant the 5 bucks. it might just be that my mouse is kinda crappy though. it doesn't want to sense my movements sometimes, so it makes it genuinely annoying.
your spores are wack

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2008, 12:04:32 pm »

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2008, 12:12:57 pm »
Wha-what!? Over 10 years since 8, and they finally make 9... I think my brain just melted... and if this turns out to somehow link the classic series to the X series, I think that puddle will explode.
Virus Buster.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2008, 07:14:24 pm »
Hey this game looks like it could be a lot of fun! Check it out!

Watch the video, it almost makes me think of StarFox before it got annoying... just on rails.

Offline vonboy

• Centipede Crackerjack
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2008, 02:56:49 pm »
i've been waiting for over a month for world of goo. i thought it would be out by now.
your spores are wack

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2008, 04:43:01 am »
Here is a nice run down of some of the bosses in Mega Man 9.

And here is some footage of the game in action!

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2008, 08:28:16 am »
Looks good... for the series. I was never fond of the annoyingly difficult levels and bosses.
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline vonboy

• Centipede Crackerjack
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2008, 06:27:49 pm »
guess what everyone, the great new game called spogs racing has just come out on wiiware. please download this amazing game know so we can play together. i'll be expecting you there, i know i'll be there!!!!

</sarcasm>
your spores are wack

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2008, 06:33:11 pm »
There was a cool one last week... Gyrostarr, it actually looked pretty neat. The reviews are so-so though.

Offline vonboy

• Centipede Crackerjack
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2008, 06:36:27 pm »
what i heard about that game was that it was made to be a four-player game with your friends, so the single player experience ended up being kinda bland (due to the absence of tons of crap flying around everywhere in multiplayer ;D)
your spores are wack

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2008, 10:27:55 am »
Got some more Mega Man 9 info!

Some screens and some price confirmation (it's just the price you'd want to pay)!

**EDIT**
Here's an official trailer!

Also it's coming out for all three consoles again.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 10:50:25 am by PatMan33 »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2008, 07:23:55 pm »
HEY PEOPLE! How about you try to be more excited about WiiWare!?

Look, Gradius! It's exciting!

Offline vonboy

• Centipede Crackerjack
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2008, 04:33:37 am »
you know, i could use a ice climbers remake for wiiware as well. like 3d graphics with the brawl models, but still 2d game play like the original.
your spores are wack

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2008, 08:33:08 am »
Swords & Soldiers It's a side scrolling RST, that looks like it was inspired from Castle Crashers. What's not to like?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 10:40:32 am by ilikesanta »
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2008, 08:49:57 am »
wow...that looks like a complete ripoff...but since we dont get castle crashers...this could be fun >.>

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2008, 10:51:33 am »
Yeah this and the PSN game Fat Princess are seem to have been influenced by Castle Crashers, but I think that all three games are different enough gameplay wise, that they can all be enjoyed equally.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline vonboy

• Centipede Crackerjack
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2008, 04:17:07 pm »
it seems strongbads cool game for attractive people:episode 1 came out this monday.
your spores are wack

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2008, 04:57:05 pm »
Oh sweet, any word on how it is?

Offline vonboy

• Centipede Crackerjack
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2008, 06:07:56 pm »
well, i've heard reviews that it's pretty good and worth the $10 if you watch strongbad and like it, otherwise you wouldn't really understand much of the humor. i also heard it's like 5-6 hours long.
your spores are wack

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2008, 07:17:16 pm »
I downloaded strongbad's game earlier this week I'm half way through it. It's your typical adventure game think what they did with peasent quest but actually with in the local homestar world. So similar humor it's just point and click controls.

Also some of you may have Strongbad emails on your Wii's if he have added each other as friends.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2008, 03:12:36 am »
yeah i got strongbad too...but i finished it already >.>

its fun and its not super hard like the old point n click games

its really fun though

my snake knockout record is 7 and that is without the cheatcode >.>

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2008, 12:05:22 am »
Yeah Peasent quest was actually harder.

gec05

« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2009, 04:17:08 pm »
It's been a while since we've seen interesting WiiWare games, But I think I found another.

http://aksysgames.com/bittripbeat/index.html

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2009, 04:20:18 pm »
Really cool!

Also, if you're looking for a diversion check out the ART STYLE games.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2009, 01:10:26 pm »
I might have to buy a Wii Ware game, It's like pong to the extreme!!!!
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline vonboy

• Centipede Crackerjack
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2009, 02:29:50 pm »
it's like ddr's, guitar hero's, and pongs lovechild lol.
your spores are wack

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2009, 02:06:06 pm »
BIT.TRIP BEAT is out today... Buy it if you can!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0Pl4sPurck" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0Pl4sPurck</a>

Offline vonboy

• Centipede Crackerjack
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2009, 08:05:27 pm »
i desicded to not make a brand new topic for this, and instead just post it in here, since it DOES conserne wiiware (and virtual console...)

it's the answer to the wii's storage problems! there is now support for hdsd cards (upto 32gb in size), you can now directly load games from the sd card to play them(no more having to jumble games around between internal memory to sd card to play something else!), and also whenever you download something off the wii shop channel, you can choose whether to save it in the internal memory or an sd card.

today, wiimenu 4.0 was released, just moments before iwata gdc talk began. this ubpdate adds a *wii sd menu* that you can click on that will show all the channels on your sd card in a menu much liek the main wii menu that shows the channels in the internal memory. it can detect up to 240 channels on an sd card, and you have 20 pages with 12 slots each to happilly organize your games to your hearts content(again, just like the wii's channel screen).

when you click on a channel to start it up, you will have a short load time (ranging from a couple seconds to 15 seconds) where the wii actually temporarily load the game into the wii's internal memory in order to play it. in order to do this, you will have to have enough free space in the wii's internal memory to load the game on there to play.
your spores are wack

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2009, 08:07:48 pm »
I played with it earlier today and it does indeed work as promised!

YAY!

Offline vonboy

• Centipede Crackerjack
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2009, 06:19:54 am »
as far as wiiware goes, swords and soldiers came out last week, and it's actually pretty good. its from the same guys that originally made de blob, and this is their first commercial game they made themselves.

it's basically a 2-d rts where units automatically goto the other side of the screen. there is a simple button layout to build units, and you can cast spells. it'a basically made to work with the wii's controls, so it controls well. the game is a little shallow in complexity, but it is still a good buy at 1000 wiipoints. the game has 30 campain missions, 3 very varied races to play with, local multiplayer skirmishes, challenge modes (like a survival mode) and achievements.
your spores are wack

Offline smurfslayer

• Centipede Crackerjack
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2009, 09:32:00 am »
I got it and it's really fun. It's extremely simplistic yet there is still a lot of room for strategy. My brother and I have been playing a lot of multiplayer matches.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2009, 09:20:29 am »
Yo, BIT.TRIP CORE is out today. Only 600 points and it's totally worth every penny. It's crazy hard though! :D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO0hliWO7Kg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO0hliWO7Kg</a>
Skip ahead to about 40 seconds.

Offline IamMe

• Gorf Goon
  • +200 Points!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2009, 10:29:07 pm »
I bought this game without even knowing what it was, and JESUS CHRIST is it hard.

There needs to be some form of multiplayer though, like BIT.TRIP BEAT had.

(Whoops, sorry for bump. Needed to resurface anyways. :P)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 10:43:18 pm by IamMe »

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2009, 06:14:39 am »
Wow watching that video. Trying to keep up with it all my eyes aaagghhh.