Author Topic: The Burial of Axon  (Read 10707 times)

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
Re: The Burial of Axon
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2007, 10:46:30 am »
As the last lights faded from the sky, a voice drifted across the burial ground; a song… the old members of the Wexxian High Council had started singing a tune in the old language of the creators.

The song was filled with sorrow, yet hopeful… soon the many Wexxians outside the monument joined in. millions of voices sang goodbye to the Reclaimer.

Zelato made his way to Tow.

“Come with me, the Independence will take us to my fathers last gift to you!”

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2007, 12:06:51 pm »
After saying goodbye to those that had accompanied him to the funeral, Tow returned to Zelato.

"Alright, lead the way..."
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2007, 02:48:18 pm »
With a flash, Zelato and Tow where teleported to Bridge of the Independence. On the planet the Wexxians continued to sing into the night.

Zelato turned to Tow.

“My farther intended you to be the one to first witness the result of the T-Genesis project. He also wanted you to be guardian of the legacy of my people.

The Wexxian people has endured much, but we have survived by pure luck… one day, maybe soon or long into the future… our final destiny will catch up with us… and we will end.

It is important that our efforts are remembered when we are gone… and that someone will continue our ways in the distant future.

My farther Axon knew that we had to help our future successors, so he decided that we should leave them our knowledge and technology. He made a memory Crystal to keep all our knowledge in, and he divided it into small pieces. Apart the pieces cannot reveal any of our secrets, but put together again they will give our heir takers the tools to fulfil our goals.

We will scatter the pieces among the stars to make sure that only a species with responsibility, wisdom and courage can gather them all.

Axon said that he wanted you to guard a piece of our legacy… this part!”

Zelato gave Tow a small amulet made of gold and crystal.

“This is the Amulet of Reclamation, it was my fathers whish that you and your descendants should keep it safe from whatever beings who would use our power to do terrible things.

But if a species ever should arise, with the same goal and spirit as my people… then your descendants must judge if they are mature enough for the task of being a servant of life in the galaxy.

I would not ask this of you… if you do not whish to guard the amulet, then we will hide it another way.”
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 05:29:05 pm by Jack Zetter »

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2007, 07:00:49 pm »
Tow was silent for a moment. He felt as if he had been given the greatest responsibility of his life, greater than commanding any army or, for that matter, anything else he had ever done in his life.

"I have mentioned numerous times my desire to carry on your father's legacy, and protect your people...and perhaps he knew that when entrusting this crystal to me. I would be more than honored to ensure its safety. Trust me when I say it will be well guarded."
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2007, 08:55:33 am »
Beside the crystal holding Axon, a shimmering human shape appeared, and touched the statue. It spoke in a deep feminine voice.

"Without you our people would never have been able to put our past imprisonment to good use. I present to you; The Gift of Last Conscience. Goodbye, Axon."

The shape collapsed in upon itself and disappeared as quickly as it had came.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2007, 09:44:32 am »
Zelato hung the small amulet around Tows neck and said:

“Tow Ky Juhl, I hereby give you the Amulet of Reclamation. Cary it with pride and know that you are a guardian of the Wexxian Legacy. Our hopes and dreams rest on the shoulders of you and your descendants.

When you grow old, give the amulet to your offspring and they will pass it on until our heirs come to claim it.

Make sure that they can withstand the corruption, which the power we hold can bring.

I salute you, Lord Tow Ky Juhl, Lord of Wexxians, Protector of the Species and Guardian of the Amulet… may you never be forgotten.”

A officer approached the two; he did a crisp salute.

Officer: “My Lords, we are ready for RIT jump!”

Zelato: “Initiate jump! Tow… hang on!”

Space bended around the ship and in a second there was only empty space. Thousands of light-years away the ship re-appeared above another planet.

Zelato: “Bring us down!”

With a flash; Tow and Zelato, where standing on top of a small grassy hill. A few meters away an Arachnabulb was resting and in the distance a Bade was stalking a group of prey. The star shined clearly in the sky and bathed the grassland in a soft glow.

Zelato spread out his arms, showing Tow the magnificent view.

Zelato: “This was my father’s whish for your people… and you especially!

Do you know what it is?”

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2007, 10:10:14 am »
Tow was stunned speechless for a moment. While the creatures in front of him could have been cloned at any number of planets, this sight was somehow...different. It looked like...no, it couldn't have been. I...I must have been mistaken. Slowly, an outrageous idea began to strike him.

"Zelato," Tow began, cautiously, "When we were in orbit above this planet, I...I recognized these continents...every torpal is taught their shape growing up. But..." Tow was now thinking out loud, trying to rationalize what he had seen. "No, there's no way! It was destroyed thousands of years ago..."

As hard as it was for Tow to try and understand, the same thought kept nagging at him. This planet...looks exactly like Tjorn.

"Zelato...what has your father done?"
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 06:26:22 am by operaghost21 »
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2007, 10:40:45 am »
Zelato looked at the Bade in the distance.

“After the Reclamation, my father found your species old home system and the debris cloud of Tjorn. Knowing the tragic fate of the home planet of the Torpals, my father vowed to repay your species and you especially… for the things you all have done.

We scanned the entire debris cloud… every particle of it… and we traced back every trajectory, their collisions and impacts on each other.

We found traces of DNA from almost all life forms on the planet… damaged of course, but our bio-scientists put them together.

It took our R.I.T. Generators two years to piece the planet together to the exact same form… and then fifteen to re-introduce the same animal life until this stage.

My father never saw the finished result… but he started it, and our entire people continued it.

This IS the planet of your forefathers, it is the planet of the Torpals, the result of the T-Genesis project… Tjorn!”   

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2007, 12:22:34 pm »
Tjorn.

The Tjorn.

Tow was at a loss for words. He had recognized the land. But this was not just some terraformed look-alike. This was it. This was where he came from, where they all came from. His ancestors had walked upon this same land. Harn had walked upon this same land! And Tow was the first Torpal to set foot on it in thousands of years. He was unable to describe how unworthy he felt of this honor.

"I...I don't know how to thank you. My entire race...they once again have a home. Everything I have said about the Wexxians, I mean it more than ever now. You are a wondrous race, and words cannot describe out gratitude."
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2007, 01:48:26 pm »
“May you be remembered as a Reclaimer among your people as Axon will be remembered among the Wexxians.

My father said that the Torpals had endured as great hardship as the Wexxians… we both have fought for the good of the galaxy, and both lost our homes on the way… when we regained a home, so should you!”

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2007, 02:04:59 pm »
Tow simply smiled.

"Well, it seems your father's wisdom has outlasted him."
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO: