Author Topic: UESS Alpha  (Read 10181 times)

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
UESS Alpha
« on: June 22, 2007, 04:53:45 am »
Largely known as Earths first great success, UESS (United Earth Star Ship) Alpha was a colony ship built over the course of 21 years, the result of a joint collaboration of all space agencies on Earth. It was finished 22nd of December 2317. Built in orbit around the planet Earth it measures an impressive 42.7 Kilometers long, 5 wide and tall most of the way but at it's widest and tallest is about 8. It has room and life support capacities for about 4000 people. The ship has artificial environments that mimic outdoor Earth perfectly, the largest and most impressive is an area located roughly in the middle of the ship that takes up the top half of that particular section. It's about 4 kilometers long and wide and has large hills surrounding a lake.

It is laced with a massive tram system and a futuristic (by todays standards) highway that runs roughly through the center of the ship.

The ship set off for a system 6 light years away February 10th 2319 with a total crew size of 2017 people, it made a stop at the Jupiter Space station to pick up extra fuel and other extras before setting off for it's first jump point. After 7 months of small jumps they were 1.5 light years from earth. Suddenly the first proof of Alien Life appeared, a huge ship about twice as large as the colony ship slipped out of a tear in space. Everyone was awestruck but suddenly they realised the ship was in trouble, it was damaged heavily and was ejecting life pods, another ship slipped out after it and finished it's job before turning on the UESS Alpha, it didn't have enough fire power alone to destroy the Earth ship, but they never intended that...they came aboard.

Name: Scott

Occupation: Chief Physicist and Engineer on board ship, was responsible for the design of the jump drive and shields as well as other things.

Height: 7'2" (Again Height has changed in future to an average of 6'6" or so)

Weight: 96 Kilograms

Suddenly the electric went off, well the lights did, the ducts were still pumping clean oxygenated air into the rooms, he looked around his dark bedroom, how he longed for a window, but he knew that was stupid.

s**t he thought to himself, he calmly walked over to a blank monitor and fiddled with some wires, it flickered into life, a furry 4 legged 4 armed alien could be seen in the shadows fighting of a massive bipedal scaly one at least 14 feet tall...or was it a triped? what did it matter, the "Good one" lost easily and was chocked to death good god, such brutality, what can they possibly want? he really liked the ones that had survived from that other ship. He looked up at the dark lights but nothing happened.

"Better get out of here then" he said aloud. He knew this ship better than anyone, he knew what to do.

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
Re: UESS Alpha
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 05:50:22 pm »
Name: Josh

Occupation: Ex-Solider. Quit right before voyage due to the main army being corrupt, but was still invited on the ship.

Height: 6'9

Weight: 97 Kilograms

The lack of light didn't bother him. Josh casually put on night vision goggles. He grabbed his semi-auto pulse semi-solid(think laser combined with solid,burns like laser and hits like solid) and wedged apart the doors. He sneaked down a hallway and knocked on the Cheif Engineer's door. What was his name again? 'Scott, I think.' he thought as he knocked 3 times on the door kicked it once. That was the ship-wide signal for 'Open up! I need help!'. Josh waited,scanning the corridors.
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 06:19:52 pm »
Scott who was trying to stay calm had sat down to read a book when there were some thumps on the door. He got up to answer it, he knew it couldn't be anyone but humans as once the power had went off the Aliens had been trapped in Sector 12B (and that was a human signal)...and nothing short of a nuke would take down these walls or doors. The bedroom doors could be opened from the inside so he went ahead and pulled the latch and lugged it open.

He looked down at the person with night vision goggles on.

"Bah, those things are useless, we're absolutely safe up here."

It was kind of odd trying to make small talk with someone in this sort of situation, and Scott knew that most people thought of engineers as big fat guys that did absolutely nothing...but he was gonna do something.

"The guys that ejected from that ship before it exploded are what I've decided are the good guys, I don't think they mean us harm, the other ones on the other hand...we'd best avoid them."

He walked back into his room and went to the control panel "Make yourself at home, I can get us a little juice flowing through these lights and then we can formulate a plan. Or we could leave it as it is and use the Comm. That's the only thing with the life support and shield that's working at the mo." He probably thinks I'm absolutely insane

Offline Little

• I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 06:33:54 pm »
"Listein. I don't think it's particularly wise to turn on lights. Or anything. Just lay low. Want a weapon? i've got a feeling that the aliens could break through that door, so I'm kinda ready. Bolt the doors into this corridor, then find anyone else in this corridor. I'll come back and blow down one of the walls. The wall in this room has a weak point, so I'll hit it. We get the survivors into two rooms and fill one room with food. Then we keep the survivors in one room, food in the other. Ok?"

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 06:41:57 pm »
"No point, this place is almost indestructible...well not quite, but it'll take a beating, I mean check how thick the walls are, anyway this corridors got like 200 people in it...I can get the lights working in this r..." He looked at the vent on the wall and walked over "Pass me a screwdriver"
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 06:48:33 pm by sltlamina »

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 07:57:30 pm »
name:jack
occupation: scientist and space enthusiast, sketches on his time hight:6'7
weight:(don't know grams so)169 Ibs

jack was with the crowd making a sketch of space when lights flickered, then the ground shook, everyone suddenly got scared and started running, jack soon found himself running for his life in a corridor in a mob of 200 people.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 08:42:00 pm »
(OOC:  Can I be an alien?)
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 09:15:07 pm »
(OOC: I was actually going over in my head about this last night, and I decided yes we can have people be Aliens, I wanted to be one but I knew that'd kinda make the beginning of it a wee bit hard, you can be the good guys (that are like humans in structure except they have 4 legs that come out diagonally sort of, and 4 arms...and they're furry and are dark in colour, and have mouths with 3 "sections".) Or the bad guys (big scaly 14 foot tall things and have 2 or 3 legs. Heads kinda like Xenomorphs except more spiky and such)) I was about to have the bad guys show off some tech they have :P.

IC:

He passed Scott a screwdriver and he started taking the screws out. There was a click, a hiss, and the then Scott took the panel off and rested it on the ground. Good ol' trusty air ducts as he started getting up from putting the panel on the floor he noticed that the Alien was gone, on every single camera, what the hell? impossible, it's sealed off He went up to the little console and flicked through the camera in sector 12C, nothing, just as he was about to get to go back down to 12A he noticed something, s****t one of those big Alien guys, the kind that had killed the other without a second thought simply materialized through a wall.

"Oh god." He said aloud staring in disbelief.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 09:43:21 pm »
Name: Marty

Occupation: Computer Technician.  Works with Scott often to keep everything running smoothly.

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 120 lbs

Marty was blissfully sitting alone in his room when the power went out.  Sighing as his computer screen went out and his game progress was lost, he got up to head down to the main control room to get everything back online.  As he walked down the halls, he suddenly noticed that the lights were out everywhere.  Uttering a silent "damn" upon noticing this, it ment the problem was much larger than he thought.  Normally only one or two sectors would go out at a time.  Quickening his pace, he turned the corner to the control room.

He gagged at what he saw.  Laying in the middle of the hall was a horribly mangled corpse.  Even in the dim light of his flashlight and with the condition of the corpse, he could tell it wasn't human.  Moving quickly, he swiped his ID card at the control room door, one of the few rooms with it's own power and therfore, still functional.  Entering and closing the door shut and sealing it so that it could only be opend from the inside until he unlocked it, he sat for a moment to catch his breath.

His greatest, most illogical fear when signing up for the mission was comming true.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 09:54:51 pm »
"But...I...D...WHAT THE ****" He half yelped as he paced back and forth in his room, he almost slammed his head off of the storage space about his head "But...you can't do that!" He told the holoscreen (monitor) "You can't...well I mean...you can, but it's not fair! We're fighting an enemy that could pop up out of the freakin' kitchen sink"

He slammed his fist into the metal table causing it to dent "Go pick on someone with your own technological advancements!" he said soundin extremely distressed at the holoscreen, this entire thing was just starting to hit him, the guy that was in his room looked a little frightened, that was it, he showed no other signs of emotion, he hadn't even been spoke. Scott put his headset on.

"Marty where are you mate, if you're downstairs in sector 12 then get the hell out there now" He thought "I'm gonna make my way to the engine room, I'll see if I can restore power, I'm gonna get the tram in sector 28 near my bedroom, stay low, stay quiet." He paused thinking for words "Those big bad guys...they can walk through solid matter" he said "See ya soon mate"

Offline Little

• I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2007, 09:58:00 pm »
Scott grinned.

"Only be able to appear anywhere? That's it? I've handled worse. There is no way I'm letting you go alone. I'm coming with you. I'm armed and have experiance. You don't. What if a thing appears in front of you?"

((OOC: have you read the book The Taking? The aliens in it sound alot like the ones in this thread....))

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 10:02:11 pm »
Name: Kun Li

Occupation: Head Chef, works nearly around the clock thanks to the help of futuristic caffeine packs.

Height: 6'2

Weight: 122 lbs.

Kun was finishing a fillet mignon for the obese officer in room A-70 when it happened. He did not flinch. He stood silently. The other chefs ran out, screaming. When the coast was clear, he raided the kitchen. He stuffed non-perishables into his shoes and pockets. Then, he grabbed two plasma knives. When he reached for the third knife, he turned it, revealing a secret compartment which held his biggest knife...a hand-crafted katana from the early 21st century.

He walked stealthily, into the corridors. As he walked by one of the rooms, he could faintly hear a man's voice.

"Hm." he said, and continued walking.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 10:04:59 pm by Malt »
DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2007, 10:04:50 pm »
"Scott?  What the hell is going on?  I'm up in the control room.  I can't get power back but I've managed to restore some lesser systems.  I'll stay up here and open doors remotley for you , your pass key won't work with the power out."

Marty rolled over on his chair to a survilance desk.  "There, I can see you on the monitors.  I'll be more help to you from up here."
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2007, 10:10:41 pm »
jack followed the crowd trying not to be trampled, thuds were heard through the wall
jack" i need someone who can tell me whats going on, the chief engineer, he should no something!"jack fought through the crowd soon heading back, a door with chief engineer soon apeared and gave it a knock."hello?"
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2007, 10:12:25 pm »
Kun turned back to the door where he heard the voice. All he could see was a silhouette. With lightning speed he took out a plasma knife and threw it at the potential threat. He had to protect that voice....
DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD