Author Topic: THQ announces Warhammer 40.000 squad based strategy game for the PSP and DS  (Read 7393 times)

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
Demo is out.

The game is awesome, I could summarize, but Tycho/Jerry from Penny Arcade probably says it better then I ever could:

Quote from: Tycho

This thing is **** hot.

It's coming for the DS as well, but I'm having a hard time believing it will compare favorably with the demo I just ran through. Grab it for yourself, toss it in PSP/GAME/NPEH90001 and dig in. You can adjust loadouts on any member of the squad they give you, but there aren't many weapons available here. I think it looks great as well, but I found the destructible environments and precise line of sight features very appealing. When selecting an enemy to attack, that UI element that comes up is asking you if you want to add Action Points beyond the cost of the attack to improve your accuracy. At least, that's what I think. Also, I think you might be able to reserve some AP to attack enemies that cross your field of vision during their turn. At least, I think. I'm not sure.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to play it again.

(CW)TB

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
Re: THQ announces Warhammer 40.000 squad based strategy game for the PSP and DS
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2007, 01:50:01 pm »
the DS version isn't too bad. its actually much fun! as a matter of fact, i love it! :D
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 01:53:16 pm by xenomorph »
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2007, 02:39:33 am »
bah i hate this game...its shallow and lame...at least when i played it :-\

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2007, 05:28:02 am »
bah i hate this game...its shallow and lame...at least when i played it :-\

yeah well, its not really fast, but you got to get the feeling of it. when i played the first level, i also thought it was boring. but when i passed level 3 it started to get interesting and fun.
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"