Author Topic: Ace Combat 6  (Read 2696 times)

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
Ace Combat 6
« on: June 15, 2007, 05:19:26 pm »
And the kick-ass Special Edition

I use a joystick+throttle combo almost identical to that depicted for my PC!

I would hope that I could use my PC USB joystick and not be required to buy this extremely pricy piece of equipment. Also, I payed about $50 for it. $50 joystick+$60 game equals $110, not $150. :-\

And supposedly it's a 360 exclusive, which is a shock, seeing as how the previous installments have gone exclusively to the PlayStation and PS2.

The game looks amazing, to say the least. Now I just need to see some of the in-cockpit views! ;D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 05:40:51 pm by Pilot4Life »

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Ace Combat 6
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 05:36:06 pm »
I'm guessing you're controller isn't supported by the 360. That is a pricey bundle, and it's not even wireless, but at least you get a face plate with it  ::)
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 04:56:14 pm »
Wow. I played the 360 demo of this over at a buddy's house, and the game is simply amazing.

I'm a big fan of the previous Ace Combat installments. The demo didn't have any new gameplay additions at all, which is unfortunate, but it looks amazing, perticularily the clouds and reflections.

So what's the deal with this thing's release? I hear it's a timed exclusive on the 360, and will come to the PS3 next year, but many sites aren't listing the PS3 version. What's going on?

Either way, I hope there are some new gameplay additions before the game is released, because as it is now, the game is just a prettier version of Ace Combat 04. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but you'd still hope for something new...

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 05:44:43 pm »
It is good, but in my opinion rather easy. I just completed Ace Combat: Skies of Deception for the PSP again on hard and I found virtually no challenge in the demo, except the last part. Still a great game that looks freaking amazing.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 09:33:02 pm »
A couple of things about the demo:

-  Keep in mind that this is the first level of the game, so it's going to be incredibly easy.  Anyone remember the first level in Ace Combat 4 where you basically had to take out four bombers?  Yeah.

-  The only difficulty modes we have are normal and novice.  I don't know about you guys, but I always played Ace Combat on the hardest setting.  Everything else seemed too easy

-  They took away the incredibly lame "Kill him or spare him" thing in Ace Combat Zero.  If you've never played it, about one out of every five planes would get damaged instead of blowing up and you had to choose if you wanted to spare them or kill them. 

-  The plane is very agile, at least compared to previous ace games. 

-  It's far too easy to kill people with the gun

-  The gun has unlimited ammo

-  The shoulder buttons turn without rolling (what r2 and l2 did on ps2), but it's hard to do this while accelerating / decelerating.  I'll get used to that I guess

-  The game is gorgeous.  The only new feature I noticed was the allied attack / cover command, which calls in allied support.  Your allies actually become useful and kill most of the enemies surrounding your plane. 

In case you can't tell, I'm a sucker for ace combat
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 10:05:35 pm by Sub »

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 10:27:56 pm »
When I played it, I tried shooting down the other airplanes for a few minutes.

Then the rest of the time I spent flying between buildings at high speeds and watching the replays. ;D

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 04:42:44 pm »
It came out today.  Anyone have it?

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 08:12:35 pm »
I played the demo a bit..and while it's fun for a few moments, Combat Flight Simulator is more my cup of tea.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 09:07:44 pm »
   I bought it. the stearing is significantly difficult to get used to at first (if your not used to the genre, I guess) , but once you get it, flying is smooth.
     I can say combat is realistic, using mainly missiles as apposed to the reckless dogfight. as for difficulty, on easy and even on normal, alot of the time it seems the only to lose is to crash into the ground. to be fair, even a glancing blow from a missle will devestate your ship, to keep with the realistic factor.
     comanding wingemen isnt as reliable as I would like in a large battle, but still functions.
so overall, its a pretty solid game.

game informer rated it 8.75/10
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!