Author Topic: Terror of the Kragus Riverbanks!  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
  • A new musical revelation...
    • View Profile
Terror of the Kragus Riverbanks!
« on: June 10, 2007, 07:11:44 pm »
 This little creature I made in my spare time inhabits the planet of the Vexarions, a world of nothing but canyons and rivers. These nasty little monsters terrorize the river banks, eating anything they can catch, which is almost everything land bound, as they neither walk, swim, nor fly; they roll!

The Kreetli are pack animals that are a little more intelligent than wolves, and just as fearsome. Their appearance looks similar to the Vexarions, but with fundamental changes that are a little hard to explain. They are also about twice the size of the average Vexarion. They follow the typical six legs, two arms, head, dome, tentacles configuration of Kragus (similar to the way most Earth lifeforms have the standard tail, four limbs, two eyes, two ears, head, etc.).

I suggest you see a picture of a Vexarion (there is now one on the Sporewiki article) before reading any farther!

But, their hind legs have fused together where the claws would normally grow, and a wheel of a caratin-like substance has grown there. The middle legs are still separate, but instead of claws, they have smaller wheels. The front legs have become skinnier and longer, and the claws are now for stabbing instead of climbing. The arms are also very thin and are able to move at great speeds. The torso is very lithe, and has shortened considerably to modify the center of gravity for better steering. The head is totally streamlined, and the dome now lays flat against the neck to decrease wind resistance, and the eyes are much larger. The facial tentacles are much smaller and only cover the sides of the head. The beak has all but disappeared, and has been replaced by a filter feeding system adapted for air. The biggest change is the large tail coming from the end of the torso. This has two tubes sprouting from it. These route air from filtering behind the animal, which helps it turn at high speeds.

Noe, I know what you are thinking; "But Arachoid, you divine God of mammalian brilliance, how could such a large creature survive on filter feeding alone? And how can it be so terrible if it can't even bite? Oh please impart some of your knowledge with us pathetic underlings!" Well, the answers are quite simple, and listed here in order of asking: They move at high speeds and filter insects from the air, which is a very nutritious diet by Kragus standards. And they are fiercely territorial and strong, able to rip a Vexarion in half.

EDIT: I'm surprised; usully at least someone here has something to say! O do you just hate me for leaving for the past couple of days? ::)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 08:07:24 pm by Arachoid »

I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
Re: Terror of the Kragus Riverbanks!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 08:51:47 pm »
Heh, you're not alone in lack of comments, the K'jal story thread is empty too. If you want a comment, a picture would be nice :)

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Terror of the Kragus Riverbanks!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 06:46:15 pm »
remind me of whales....only not in water. hope you get more post, i to know how you feel.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!