Author Topic: Etrian Odyssey  (Read 2164 times)

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
Etrian Odyssey
« on: June 05, 2007, 07:14:26 pm »
Gamespot Review: http://www.gamespot.com/ds/action/sekaikinomeikyuu/review.html?sid=6171652

I was really reluctant to pick up this game. I hadn't heard about it until the reviews started showing up, and it sounded interesting right away. I did some more research, and I was a little worried that everyone compared it to games I have never played before, but it's just awesome. I've sunk a LOT of time into it, and I'm going pretty slowly.

Did anyone else notice this one? It almost flew under the radar completely for me.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
Re: Etrian Odyssey
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 05:13:00 pm »
Not out in Europe, and it might never be, but I'll see if I can't import it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Kbnu0NKs86Y

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 06:07:41 pm »
I'm surprised that's at all entertaining to someone who hasn't played the game yet. Most of what's funny there is from the first portion of the game, and how difficult-yet-embarrassing it is. You know, getting your ass kicked by a "Ragealope" and all.

I've already hit my first wall of this game, though. It really is pretty difficult. The first boss murdered me, and I'm going to rebuild my party, because this probably won't be the first road block. When I first started, I spread my skills out a bit in a very n00bish way, so I'm retraining some characters. Luckily for me, I somehow love grinding in this game. I've never loved grinding in any game, and a lot of people think it's just as bad as normal in this one, but there's just something about it that keeps me entertained.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 08:04:57 pm »
Yeah. 4chan gave me the lowdown on what the game was all about.