Author Topic: Steve: Consider using podcaster?  (Read 2516 times)

Offline Secret|Service

• Rigel Rescuer
  • FOXHOUND
    • View Profile
Steve: Consider using podcaster?
« on: July 19, 2005, 03:17:51 pm »
Have you considered using podcaster steve? I'd like to hear some gaming music in the background or something. Just a little treat for the listeners.  ::)

I'm on a highway to hell.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
Re: Steve: Consider using podcaster?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 03:37:55 pm »
Hum, what is podcaster? I couldn't find it in Goggle.

I was going to put music in the background, but most times it distracts from the show. Also I don't have anything which is royalty free, which is also a problem.

However, I am planning on putting more music into the show. Hopefully within the next month as the person writing the music for the show is supposed to start on this next week.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 04:07:59 pm »
Personally, I just like hearing the voice (not to sound weird or anything). Opening and closing sounds are pretty good, the old Pacman sounds.

I hate it on TV where they have to have low-volume music constantly going on in the background, or some kind of beat. I find it distracting, and irritating.
For a podcast, where there is no visual, it'd probably get even worse. It'd sound like you did your podcast while throwing a party in the next room.

Maybe some kind of intro music snippet to each section of the podcast? You know, for top news, old news updates, Gametalk, Sporetalk, and such.
If you do anything at all, I think that'd be fine.

In the end, I don't mind at all what goes on. I still hang around and listen whenever one gets put up, so..
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Secret|Service

• Rigel Rescuer
  • FOXHOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 05:58:51 pm »
Oh whoops... I better change the topic name.... i meant cast blaster....
hehhe
sorry   ;D
I'm on a highway to hell.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 06:44:17 pm »
I think music would be a little distracting too, I prefer just the sound of Steve's voice :D

Offline zaphod

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Didn't yah hear, I come in 6 packs.
    • View Profile
    • Me and my wifes little blog
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 06:21:57 am »
I would not mind some video game music, maybe have a section on music in games where you play some.  Check out OCremix.org.  They have a ton of rearangments of gaming music.  As far as the legality I think if you got the permission of the site and origonal artist it would be ok.  All of the songs are free for download.  You could have a name that game music contest where we would have to tell you which game the remix was from.  Easy for some, really hard for others.