Author Topic: The Darkness  (Read 3791 times)

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
Re: The Darkness
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 01:00:45 pm »

After seeing the reviews of Shadowrun, I'd suggest you pass on it.

Don't trust reviewers like IGN or gamespot. Wait for user reviews.

It might be an alright game, but no matter how you slice it, $60 for an mulitplayer-only game is just to much, especially with the looming release of Halo 3.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
Re: The Darkness
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 04:50:11 pm »

It might be an alright game, but no matter how you slice it, $60 for an mulitplayer-only game is just to much, especially with the looming release of Halo 3.

Battlefield Modern combat was 60$. Sure it did have somewhat single player but not really. And it was still awesome. Besides Shadowrun can be played solo against bots. Its crappy but so was MCs single player.

Nearly forgot starwars battle front. A half assed story mode and a game vs bots. Outside of that online only.

I for one am nor interested in halo 3 since the gameplay looks unchanged.

*Flash back to halo 2s gameplay

RUN RUN JUMP LIKE A NINNY JUMP LIKE NINNY ENGAGE IN A CIRCLE BALLET WITH YOU"RE ENEMY.
God forbid anyone take cover.

Lets not forget.

GRENADE SPAM GRENADE SPAM. RANDOM GRENADE DEATH, RANDOM GRENADE DEATH. WHERE THE *BEEP* DID THE GRENADE COME FROM.
Aren't grenades supposed to be used intelligently?. And guns actually used outside of a last resort?.

I dislike games with no strategy :(.

That aside The darkness looks freaking sweet. But i was upset to hear that the powers wont be used online.

I've noticed a pattern here. Devs never use the core element of a game in the online portions

No akrid in lost planet.
No powers in The darkness.
No types of locusts outside of the humanoid  playable sort in gears.
I could name more if i tryed.