Author Topic: New Race (Soon)  (Read 1281 times)

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
  • A new musical revelation...
    • View Profile
New Race (Soon)
« on: May 31, 2007, 09:17:24 pm »
Hi! Iv'e gotten tired of always ussing my Vexarions, so they'll be put on pause if I bring these guys into RP'ing. They are currently under development, but I wanteed to make this thread early to prevent myself from making the Sporewiki article first. Anyway, here is all the information I can reveal for know...

Name: Qweeger
Diet: Omnivore
Size: 5' tall at the withers
Habitat: Lattoral
Civilization Traits: Protective/Philosophical
CAS Classification:

I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
Re: New Race (Soon)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 11:34:10 am »
Short Bio: The Qweeger are a rugged race that live on a planet of harsh conditions and extremes. Inhabiting the rivers, lakes, and everglades that devour their world (more than temperate forests on Earth), these survivalists have to be tough to survive in this dog-eat-dog world. Unlike most creatures that are this tough, they do not think slowly, their thoughts move at an average, human rate. Everything about them was adapted purely for survival; there are no fancy mating dances, and no peacock vanity here!

Structure: The Qweeger are most commonly lithe and agile, possessing a thick coat of fur, with six limbs and a long tail. Each limb has four joints (like a human arm, but with a joint between the elbow and wrist), and ends in a grasper. However, each pair of limbs has a different type of grasper.

The frontal pair has a set like consisting of three fingers, two which grasp, and one thumb. These also have pads on the bottom. The middle pair is like two sets of salad tongs, each prong having a single joint. The final two have evolved into more foot-like structures (although Qweeger usually use all six limbs for walking, the hindlegs bare most of the weight), though they are still able to grasp. They have two, three-jointed digits, each ending in a blunt claw.

The head (mounted on the torso like a typical Earth creature), has only the snout and two tentacles. These tentacles are very durable, and are used mainly to touch things they are wary of feeling with a grasper. The snout looks similar to an anteater's, though is much shorter. And, instead of hiding a tongue inside, it conceals a third tentacle. This tentacle can split at the end and take in food. The snout also takes in air and handles smell.

The tail curves up and over the body (like a Willosaur). It has the main sensory area upon it. These include the four slit eyes, and the two large ears, which are shaped like a tapir's. Also on the tail/head are a set of antlers, which are used for defense.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 07:24:10 pm by Arachoid »
I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline aligon

• Tron User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 05:07:46 pm »
Sounds cool, can't wait for more info  ;)

As Inevitable as Life Itself. Spread the Joy.

My Sporepedia page:
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Aligon

The Agnoculus:
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=7619.0

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 07:24:35 pm »
As you wish; more info has been added.
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline aligon

• Tron User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 09:25:59 pm »
They have really bendy arms, don't they...hehe.
wait, they'd prefer touching something with their face before using their 4-jointed arms?

As Inevitable as Life Itself. Spread the Joy.

My Sporepedia page:
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Aligon

The Agnoculus:
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=7619.0

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 08:19:04 am »
wait, they'd prefer touching something with their face before using their 4-jointed arms?

No, they have two long tentacles, which are very durable. It's like a human in a burning building; when you need to see if a doorknob is hot, you use the back of your hand to avoid burning your more sensitive palms. So instead of using their graspers, they use their tougher tentacles to prevent burning.
I say NO! to all limits.