Author Topic: Mr and Mrs Smith  (Read 2519 times)

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
Mr and Mrs Smith
« on: July 24, 2005, 04:29:39 pm »
Just got back from this one as well (kids are with the folks this weekend).

One of the few 'action' movies where I think the women liked it more than the guys did. This one borders on a chick-flick with a few weel placed firearms.

It was obviously hacked up pretty good in the theatrical release (as was Sin CIty)... I can't wait for the DVD.

-Lego

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
Re: Mr and Mrs Smith
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 05:19:33 pm »
Strangely enough, the only people i know who have said the film was "really good" have been female.  They all say how they expected it to be "guns, sex, and explosions", but were "pleasantly surprised with the relationship the characters seemed to have with each other" (whatever that means - try translating it i've never bothered :P).  So yeah, seems like a film i'd have to take my girlfriend to (luckily i'm spared because they don't show it out here anymore that i know of!).

One to miss out on then?

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 05:46:09 pm »
I enjoyed it. Jolie is pretty good eye candy for the guys and Brad takes his shirt off for the girls. Fun summer flick. We actually drove down to Mexico that night around midnight for no odd reason. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 06:00:53 pm by danzik »

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 06:09:32 am »
This would be a good rental. If for nothing else that you'll want to be able to rewind in case you missed some of the jokes. By far much more a romatic comedy than an action film.

(On a continuity note, they did pretty good, but Brad Pitts car changes before it should change.)

-Lego

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2005, 07:01:30 pm »
I didn't like this one that much. It was alright, but it was nothing I'd ever care to see again. Didn't really grab my attention.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Pando

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • panda? yes please
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 01:38:29 pm »
I thought this was going to be a cool action movie, but according to some of the posts, it is not as good as it seems.