Poll

What is your opinion on disclosing information on everyones teams

People can do what they like but I'm not telling anyone anything.
Everyone must post their team in this topic but there should be restrictions of making changes
People should post teams with no restrictions on changes
Teams should be 1st PM'd to Cobra and he will announce them.
There should be no mention of whos in your team at all for any reason from this point on.

Author Topic: The Gaming Steve Pokemon league: New poll for team announcements  (Read 16549 times)

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
Re: The Gaming Steve Pokemon league: Tournament Sign up
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2007, 08:16:11 am »
I've been sent on some idiotic employment course recently, so i've had very little time to do anything whatsoever. It ends at the end of next week.

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2007, 09:44:14 am »
I got distracted by anothe game, but when I left off on Pokemon (and I will come back to it) I was stuck on the E4. I can take the first couple without too much fuss, but then I get to Flint, and it's just embarrassing how fast he kills me. My floatzel, which should be the silver bullet to that fight, dies really quickly.

I think I just need to grind. What's a good place to grind for that fight? Is Victory Road the place with the highest pokemon?

gec05

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2007, 09:50:33 am »
Yup.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2007, 10:28:13 am »
Devoid - I can loan you my level 100 Golduck/Milotic (Only Milotic is GTSed)
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2007, 11:49:34 am »
Heh, thank you, but I'm not that desparate yet. I'll have to grind up a bit and see what happens.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2007, 11:52:14 am »
'Kay.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2007, 12:03:56 pm »
So, you can use things like Tyranitar and Metagross but not, say, Articuno or Entei?

Shouldn't these things go according to power rather than legendary status?

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2007, 09:22:17 pm »
I just went with Legendary status seeing it was a simple way to blanket ban and make it easy to know what can and can't be used. Like I said rules are subject to change and if people feel some Pokemon are to over powered or some legendaries can be allowed bring it up. This topic is in place if you want to suggest rule changes go ahead if there support for suggestions I'll put up a poll to decide.

As for beating the Elite 4 i find the best way sure training Victory road is good but I find that you don't have to take on the Elite 4 with the intention of beating them just place you Floatzel at the start of your party for the early trainers, sure that means it will mostly likely pass out quickly as it may not be super effective against who you battle it against but if you are able to bring down at least 1 Pokemon your Floatzel will get more XP from doing so that you will from any wild Pokemon.

Also use trainer search battling trainers nets more XP levels you faster. My Pokemon team averages level about 53 i wont go near the Elite 4 just yet got plenty to do just try and get just a bit more and have a few extra levels.

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2007, 09:43:57 pm »
53? That sounds like overkill. I think mine were at 46-48 when I got there. If my Floatzel were at 50 or so I'd probably be able to get past Flint. Dunno about what's behind them, though.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2007, 09:50:59 pm »
I typically hit 55 before I got after them. The last guy (not counting the champ) Always has around level 60 and the champ is over that.

All my pokes were level 50 before taking on Victory road. Basically tonight I will make sure they all have the right TMs given to them all make sure all trainers are battled by then I'll start making attempts on the 4.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2007, 08:52:17 am »
I have 3/6 pokemon set up fully. I'll need more time.

When I beat the Elite Four, my strongest pokemon was about level 56. Highest level out of everything else was 45.

The E4 can't handle Hyper Potions and Revives, so it's easiest just to cough up the dough.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2007, 11:38:35 pm »
True. I beat the e4 last night highest was 55 going in lowest was 53. Worst comes to worse make sure you have a good time waster in your team that can cast sand attacks or something then you go about reviving your team. After you beat the 4 a few times you level up you have to revive less and you start making far more money than you ever spend to beat them.

Also got the National Dex I'm looking to get a ditto for breeding purposes I haven't seen one yet so I can't GTS it. Anyone got one they can send me. Also do Pokemon I fight in Battle Park are they entered into my list of Pokes I have seen? There are a few from the National dex i want in my team I'd like to get via GTS.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2007, 04:45:28 am »
For Ditto, go to Canalave, go right and in the first patch of grass you see, Pokeradar. That's how I got mine.

I don't know about battle tower, I haven't tried it yet - haven't got a balanced enough team ready.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2007, 02:00:45 am »
guys, promise me that you will do another pokemon league when i have the game too? :P

"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2007, 05:16:22 pm »
Cool I'll grab a ditto like that as soon as i can. Until then is there a way to get the other starters. Pokemon I fight in battle park don't get recorded in my Poke-dex so I can't trade for them over the GTS. if you want I can off Chimchar, Turtwig, I'll get some Pilups when i get my ditto Mudkip, Also can offer Lileep reserected from fossil. Of course i can get you any Ruby Pokemon you might want.