Poll

What is your opinion on disclosing information on everyones teams

People can do what they like but I'm not telling anyone anything.
Everyone must post their team in this topic but there should be restrictions of making changes
People should post teams with no restrictions on changes
Teams should be 1st PM'd to Cobra and he will announce them.
There should be no mention of whos in your team at all for any reason from this point on.

Author Topic: The Gaming Steve Pokemon league: New poll for team announcements  (Read 16526 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Pokemon Tournament Sign Up sheet this topic will be about the Tournament it will display the rules and host discussion on when how it will go down, please direct general game discussion to the Pokemon thread and try and keep discussion here only about the tournament. The Poll will be regularly updated to reflect options such as rule changes and to decide on things like the start date. Sign up in this topic

Rules:
6 on 6 battle all Pokemon will be set to level 100 it don't matter what level you are the game will automatically alter levels for the battle and give stats to reflect this keep in mind I don't think the alteration will effect EVs so it be best if your pokes have earned at least all possible EVs for methods on training consult the actual Poke topic.

Legendaries are banned! This is because it will be boring to let everyone have a team of the same 6 Pokemon as everyone else. To prevent confusion on what is and isn't considered legendary. Full list of Legendary Pokemon here all of which may not be used.

One member of a Pokemon species per team this is to prevent a team of Draginite or any other team being used once again just to keep it exciting this should be about having fun and not playing for your life here or anything.

Concerning the GTS you can use it to obtain members for your team just don't go out and grab 100 Charizards or anything like that granted there is no way to enforce this but just asking don't be a tool. You can grab low level unevolved pokemon and train them up. The ultimate way would be to gain via GTS and then breed so you get basically a clean slate just use your own discretion on best to do things.

Tournament will be knock out elimination hopefully we will have the right amount of numbers this is of course subject to change like all the rules depending on how many there are and what ends up being the best way to decide the winner.

If you insist on naming Pokemon keep it clean but that goes with out saying same goes if you decide to say use a Chatot with the Chatter move make sure its recorded voice is clean and generally keep it clean if talking on the Voice chat.

(Cool points will be awarded if someone has a Chatot who's Chatter move is a recording of part of the GamingSteve podcast)

The most important rule is keep it fun this is all about having fun it is all just for fun, currently no prize is set up. Maybe we can work it that you will be given the name of a Sim survivor tribe depending when it starts or Steve will comment on it in his Podcast if and when he makes a new one. Poll maybe to decide what the winner will receive if anything at all

Current Forum members involved:
Cobra
Darkstar
Devoid
Martham112
Luminar
/lurk
Eligecos
Alwayswatching
Vonboy

(Please make sure you have posted your correct friends code in the relevant topic and make sure you have added everyone else who signs up)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 04:54:40 am by Cobra »

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
Re: The Gaming Steve Pokemon league: Tournament Sign up
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 06:46:34 pm »
Count me in for sure!

Offline Martham112

• Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 01:16:45 am »
I'm in

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 10:34:58 am »
Bring it on

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 11:08:13 am »
lol, k
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 01:31:56 pm »
I don't have the game yet so I'm not in, but I'd like to make a suggestion:

After you've had one competition take the winner and the four runners up and turn them into an elite four style team with themed pokemon teams by type and so forth.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

gec05

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 01:35:49 pm »
I'd like to be an elite. I have some themes to run off of too.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 02:20:45 pm »
That sounds like fun, although I'd probably lose straight away.

I'm in.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 02:41:36 pm »
Oh man, I like the Elite idea.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 02:57:37 pm »
I've had the idea of site Gym/League Circuits in the past. Winning your way to a place in them might well end any arguments about who gets to be who, excellent idea.

gec05

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 03:04:13 pm »
Yeah, I wasn't insisting on being an elite but yeah it's a cool idea to work your way there.

Here's an idea. Post one specialized type for an elite to be named. Everyone that wishes to apply for it must only fight with Pokemon that are that type. It may not be effective on each other, but it's just to see who has a stronger party of the same type.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 03:07:10 pm »
Maybe this should wait until after the tournament. Although I wouldn't mind whipping up a team of normal types, I don't have one on hand at the moment. And I have to get my main team ready.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 03:19:39 pm »
I was already in the process of creating a team of ice-types, as it happens.

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 04:05:34 pm »
I think it would be pretty neat if, rather than designated types everyone follows, we could just have a list of people who are ranked as the best on these forums, and to get on that list, you have to challenge someone on it. Beat them, and you take their place. It would make a fun game that would last a lot longer than a tournament, assuming people stay interested and keep trying to get on the list.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2007, 04:09:15 pm »
A ladder? That's also a good idea.
Not a winner anymore.