Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed  (Read 33024 times)

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2008, 08:25:33 pm »
I was kinda being sarcastic...doesn't carry well through text. Yeah, mocking my own post earlier.

So, I guess that it wouldn't sell because its target audience is younger...and a lot can't buy M games. I know it's unrealistic to have it happen, but...if only the target audience were a bit older...

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2008, 08:58:55 pm »
I noticed. I was being a little sarcastic too. Just a little.

Offline Hizzah

• Bezerk Brawler
  • http://www.pbfcomics.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 30, 2008, 09:08:22 pm »
So I finally got the demo last night...I guess I really liked it. Most surprising was that it actually worked. A lot of what they wanted to accomplish didn't seem as though it would translate well into actual gameplay...but for the most part it did. The graphics were pretty...the cutscene was neat. I liked The Apprentice's expression when Vader told him to kill everybody  :o ...I liked all the force powers well enough, but I was hoping to see more of the "combining of powers" that they referred to. There's a lot of combos I guess, but it doesn't quite live up to my personal hype. The force throw one is obviously the coolest...but what a total letdown after trying to grab a flying TIE Fighter out of the sky for the last hour...doesn't work  >:(

All in all I liked it; gameplay reminded me a WHOLE lot of PsiOps, especially the first throw.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna buy it or rent it...

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #123 on: September 04, 2008, 05:31:38 pm »
Are they releasing a Wii Demo as well?

As for the dismemberment; to expect younger kids to get the game is a bit much, but I can understand why they didn't show decapitation (all three movie instances were indirect or armor covered). But arm and leg dismemberment and slash marks should have been a given.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 05:40:23 pm by Logan Felipe »
Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

Offline cloud_dog_9

• Sea Battler
  • Can life get any better? I submit that it can NOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 05, 2008, 11:14:53 am »
Has anybody heard if the main character will be customizable like in KOTR?

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 05, 2008, 01:09:18 pm »
Considering that it's a game with a storyline and that you are playing a character that is already set out, and it is NOT an RPG although it incorporates rpg-like elements, no. However, you will be able to upgrade force powers and combos. You will also be able to pick different costumes, I believe.

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #126 on: September 06, 2008, 08:33:32 am »
Considering that it's a game with a storyline and that you are playing a character that is already set out, and it is NOT an RPG although it incorporates rpg-like elements, no. However, you will be able to upgrade force powers and combos. You will also be able to pick different costumes, I believe.

Its more of a JK:JA kind of RPG.

You can have a dark side or light side ending and your costume/gear is different for different maps/levels.
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

Offline Hizzah

• Bezerk Brawler
  • http://www.pbfcomics.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 08, 2008, 08:01:33 pm »
So I'm thinking this is gonna be just a rental for me...too many other better games coming out soon

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #128 on: September 08, 2008, 08:55:25 pm »
So I'm thinking this is gonna be just a rental for me...too many other better games coming out soon

It should be noted that the MP mode offered by the Wii version will likely be very enjoyable (and has Mara Jade and Asaaj Ventress as available duelists).

But if the MP isn't what you're after, I'd suggest renting it when you know you'll have a lot of time to play it, then finish it by the time its due (that's what I did with Republic Commando. Without squad functions, its MP mode was essentially Halo's with a SW mod, leaving much to be desired).
Fanfic!

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 15, 2008, 07:32:16 am »
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/39955.html

GT review is up...

they did something wrong along the way of development

mainly the life bars i think >.>

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 15, 2008, 02:29:31 pm »
seems like a pretty mediocre game.

i have no love for it, as it isn't for the pc.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 15, 2008, 03:18:09 pm »
seems like a pretty mediocre game.

i have no love for it, as it isn't for the pc.
Bias!

Anyway, I think it'll still be fun but seriously, wtf is with the health bars? In the demo that one thing pissed me off. At least give him some armor or some EXCUSE to have a larger life bar, dammit! All it takes is a little common sense...

edit: Well according to reviewers you're right....but my brother is getting it anyway. On the other hand he's 11.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 03:48:54 pm by Gungnir »

Offline cloud_dog_9

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 27, 2008, 12:47:18 pm »
What are some of the gamingsteve reviews?

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 27, 2008, 04:48:25 pm »
A friend of a friend got this on the PS3 and was playing it over at my place so I got to play a little bit.

The first level was fun after I'd got used to the iffy controls, and throwing people off walkways with force powers never got old. Then I got to the second level, set on the junkyard planet Raxus Prime, and my opinion of the game dropped somewhat. Still its not really enough for me to base a review on, but its fairly fun.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline cloud_dog_9

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 27, 2008, 07:52:29 pm »
A friend of a friend got this on the PS3 and was playing it over at my place so I got to play a little bit.

The first level was fun after I'd got used to the iffy controls, and throwing people off walkways with force powers never got old. Then I got to the second level, set on the junkyard planet Raxus Prime, and my opinion of the game dropped somewhat. Still its not really enough for me to base a review on, but its fairly fun.

buy or rent?