Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed  (Read 33085 times)

Offline Poised

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2008, 03:32:30 am »
The physics of this game looks amazing, but there are 2 points I dont get at all, we were told that there are always 2 sith, a master and his apprentice, but if Vader now also have an apprentice, doesnt that put the count to 3 sith ??
And also, why is the apprentice of Darth Vader killing so many stormtroopers ? in the clips we see him kill only bad guys, shouldnt he be killing the rebels ?

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2008, 05:10:28 am »
The physics of this game looks amazing, but there are 2 points I dont get at all, we were told that there are always 2 sith, a master and his apprentice, but if Vader now also have an apprentice, doesnt that put the count to 3 sith ??

Shh... secret apprentice.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2008, 08:47:55 am »
Indeed, he's a secret apprentice.  Vader is training him in an attempt to overthrow the Emperor, thus the reason he is killing everyone, including the Stormtroopers.  No survivors, so that no one will know about him.   :)

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2008, 01:09:36 pm »
How does the lightsaber work... is it just like in jedi knight outcast and jedi academy?

and is there dismemberment??

Offline Poised

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2008, 01:43:28 pm »
Indeed, he's a secret apprentice.  Vader is training him in an attempt to overthrow the Emperor, thus the reason he is killing everyone, including the Stormtroopers.  No survivors, so that no one will know about him.   :)

It just doesnt make sense at all to make a story that is completely unrealistic in the star wars universe, Vader kills the emperor, so it has to be in the timeline of the movies, not after, and if Vader had tried to overthrow the emperor he obviously failed at it, since the emperor was still alive in the last movie, but Vader would have been killed the second his betrayel failed, I know Im being really rectal about it, but using such a great engine on such a poor premise for a story seems like a waste ........ the game does however look extremely interesting, storyline or not.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2008, 01:47:27 pm »

It just doesnt make sense at all to make a story that is completely unrealistic in the star wars universe, Vader kills the emperor, so it has to be in the timeline of the movies, not after, and if Vader had tried to overthrow the emperor he obviously failed at it, since the emperor was still alive in the last movie, but Vader would have been killed the second his betrayel failed, I know Im being really rectal about it, but using such a great engine on such a poor premise for a story seems like a waste ........ the game does however look extremely interesting, storyline or not.

I read in an 2006-ish magasine that it's set in the gap Between the Origanals and the Prequels.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2008, 03:51:50 pm »
It does fit exactly there. And it's Lucas-approved, so storyline wise it's not a problem.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2008, 03:52:15 pm »

I don't think they're making any secret of the fact you can join the lightside.  The main antogonist of the game is Shaak-ti, who was one of the last surviving Jedi, and it's the apprentices job to find her and take her out.  So I'd guess that you get the option to either kill her, or join with her.  And all of the Star Wars games always follow the "good" ending.

But George Lucas is involved in the story and it is completely canon, it's even likely we'll see many of the events and characters featured in the game, in the new Live Action TV series that takes place around the same time period.

• You will play as Darth Vader's secret apprentice and will help him exterminate the last of the Jedi.
  • The story revolves around "redemption", but most likely only if you chose to follow the light side.
  • The game will span several years.

• By the end of the game, you will supposedly have a deeper understanding of Darth Vader and how the events in the game affect his behavior in the original trilogy.
  • Vader finally came to realize that the Emperor had tricked him into turning towards the dark side, but he "thinks" he knows it's too late to go back, so the only thing he can do is destroy Lord Sidious with another apprentice—i.e. the player.

• The choices that the player makes will affect the outcome of the game resulting in several alternate endings including the "true" (canon) ending.
  • Vader is the only one who knows that the apprentice (you) exists. In order to keep it that way, he orders you to wipe out all witnesses. Everyone is the enemy.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2008, 08:08:35 pm »
Do all Star Wars things have to fit into the storyline with no contradictions? If they keep expanding it's going to get more and more difficult...

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2008, 03:35:31 am »
Everyone is the enemy.

I like that part, killing everyone!
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2008, 09:13:23 am »
http://kotaku.com/376587/the-force-unleashed-experience

you know...i really dont know what platform to buy this on...

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2008, 10:45:51 am »
there... is still a pc version?

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2008, 01:56:51 pm »
its on every platform known to mankind, other than pc of course.  there's even probably a ****ing ngage version

Offline smurfslayer

• Centipede Crackerjack
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2008, 03:35:01 pm »
there... is still a pc version?
No, according to the developers the PC "isn't powerful enough" to play the game. Yes, they actually said something that stupid.

Offline Psilontech

• Mystery House Madman
  • SCIENCE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2008, 03:49:37 pm »
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, WHOA!

It's coming out on the Wii, PS!!2!!, and a fracking handheld, and they said PC wasn't powerful enough??

Provide me with a link, and I shall agree to boycott.
"Whatever Febreeze can't fix, a gun will"