Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed  (Read 33000 times)

Offline DMB

• Venture Conqueror
  • Braaiiiiinnnsss and cake!
    • View Profile
    • BobtheZombie's Blog
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
« on: May 25, 2007, 06:53:35 pm »
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/starwars2007/news.html?sid=6167043&om_act=convert&om_clk=gsupdates&tag=updates;title;2
I must say, the physics engine looks awesome and thankfully it's also coming out for the Ps2. The game looks promising and might top the other SW games.

Save Ferris. Save the World.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."Bob's Blog

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 10:49:55 pm »
Yeah, the physics in this game are great. If I'm not mistaken, isn't Rockstar using the same thing for GTA IV?

Of course, those physics probably won't look quite as good on the PS2! :P

Offline darkstar

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Cool looking UFO- Priceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 05:40:29 pm »
yeah, I've followed this one for awhile.

It may just be the game that finally pushes me to buy a 360 or a ps3 (though I truly can not wait to start lightsaber fighting on my wii, so come on wii based starwars game)
Those who think anything is possible have never tried slamming a revolving door.

Everything has a weakness against grenades ;)

Current Favorite Game- Spore

Waiting on:
Fallout 3
Starcraft 2

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 05:03:21 am »
Did any one see the developer walkthrough on gametrailers? If not here it is.

Anyway it seems this game was picked in favour of a Wookie game, because of George's advice. I am not sure how I feel about that, but I would have loved a Wookie game.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 12:27:27 pm »
Wow, the technology behind this game looks absolutely incredible.

I'm going to have to get it on computer if mine is good enough (probably not) just for the mods and debug mode and things.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline darkstar

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Cool looking UFO- Priceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 04:07:04 pm »
Wow, the technology behind this game looks absolutely incredible.

I'm going to have to get it on computer if mine is good enough (probably not) just for the mods and debug mode and things.

sadly its not coming out on PC (though I really wish it was as it would be alot cheaper for me then buying a ps3 or 360)
Those who think anything is possible have never tried slamming a revolving door.

Everything has a weakness against grenades ;)

Current Favorite Game- Spore

Waiting on:
Fallout 3
Starcraft 2

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 04:22:53 pm »
This game looks like win. If they even approach the quality of the pre-vis it will be awesome. Apologies if these have been linked to before. I really want it to be for PC as well, but that may not happen.

Previsualisation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgwhzGFebnQ

Endorphin Tech Demo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp1stQ49Bfo

Euphoria Engine Demo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVpLWnF3MWA

Offline Granite T. Rock

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Granite's Homepage
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 09:58:21 am »
Why isn't Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, a really awesome looking game not coming out on PC?
Of most interest to me are the realistic breaking of objects using realtime physics and real-life properties of that object.  And the urge or characters to self preserve.  ie.. in stead of falling off a ledge, they grab onto whatever they can in mid air... even each other.
My Spore Profile  ****  My Spore Videos
Wii Friend Code: 7772 0178 1092 3363  Mario Kart Code: 2363-6666-4480 (PM me when you add me)

Offline scorpia11

• Battlezone Captain
  • Who else but Quagmire!!??
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 02:47:17 am »
I believe the reason for it not coming out on the PC is that Lucasarts are focusing on the Next-Gen Releases. Although Computers by far are the best (biast i know  :P), there is a bigger market in Next-Gen. More people own a 360/PS3/Wii than a Decent PC. You never know....they might bring it out on the PC at a later date, but right now as i said they are focusing on the Market.

Regarding the Physics....ITS SO COOL! I think its amazing how they grasp onto ledges to try and save themselves.

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 03:51:38 am »
Don't feel too sad, the next Indiana Jones game will have a combat system like this (if not better) and this thing called Digital Molecular Matter, meaning objects will break up according to their physical properties, not via pre-rendered/pre-animated motions.

and Indy is more awsome then Skywalker in my book.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007, 09:56:37 am »
This is probably the only game that will get me to finally buy a Next-Gen console. Probably a 360, because I'd like to see if Halo 3 will be the "shfwawesome" game my cousin says it'll be. ;)

Offline Granite T. Rock

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Granite's Homepage
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 09:37:42 pm »
Unfortunately for me it sounds like they excluded it from the wii was well.  Which means they've excluded it from me.  My PC is for my hardcore games.  My wii is to play games with my g/f and my friends who are mostly non-gamers.

I wonder how different programming for the Xbox and for XP/Vista is.  You would have though Microsoft would have made it similar enough that the games could be released in both of their software environments easily enough.

I'll be looking forward to Indiana Jones then.  Although I was hoping for a good sci-fi game.

Check out some of the demos on IGN or similar sites.  Some good videos are there now demonstrating the various physics.  Ever since I was a kid playing wolfeinstien I always wondered if they'd ever make realistic breaking objects based open the angle you hit them and would get wholes, splinter break apart etc. etc. based upon them.  It kinda feels like in the next few years we're going to see a renewed explosion in realism in games.
My Spore Profile  ****  My Spore Videos
Wii Friend Code: 7772 0178 1092 3363  Mario Kart Code: 2363-6666-4480 (PM me when you add me)

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007, 01:21:02 am »
I wasn't holding much hope for this game, but the trailer was ridiculously awesome.  Seems like they may actually be able to pull something off here.  I like how the game is completely canon too, it'll be cool to see if anything that happens is mentioned in the upcoming TV show.  Something like a secret apprentice seems rather important after all.  :p

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 02:30:38 am »
Haha. In your face, Wii.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 05:56:47 am »
Honestly, I don't think the Wii is capable of handling the game. It's just not powerful enough.