Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed  (Read 33074 times)

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2008, 03:53:21 pm »
there... is still a pc version?
No, according to the developers the PC "isn't powerful enough" to play the game. Yes, they actually said something that stupid.

Something capable of the Cry engine, isn't powerful enough?

I'm going to boycott, tell everyone I know to boycott, then phone a therapist.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Psilontech

• Mystery House Madman
  • SCIENCE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2008, 04:18:41 pm »
I say we spread the word across the 'nets, and boycott this now corrupt entity!
Huzzah!!!
/charges into the wastelands of the net, with no one following.

lol :D
"Whatever Febreeze can't fix, a gun will"

Offline Poised

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2008, 01:11:45 am »
I don't think they're making any secret of the fact you can join the lightside.  The main antogonist of the game is Shaak-ti, who was one of the last surviving Jedi, and it's the apprentices job to find her and take her out.  So I'd guess that you get the option to either kill her, or join with her.  And all of the Star Wars games always follow the "good" ending.

But George Lucas is involved in the story and it is completely canon, it's even likely we'll see many of the events and characters featured in the game, in the new Live Action TV series that takes place around the same time period.

• You will play as Darth Vader's secret apprentice and will help him exterminate the last of the Jedi.
  • The story revolves around "redemption", but most likely only if you chose to follow the light side.
  • The game will span several years.

• By the end of the game, you will supposedly have a deeper understanding of Darth Vader and how the events in the game affect his behavior in the original trilogy.
  • Vader finally came to realize that the Emperor had tricked him into turning towards the dark side, but he "thinks" he knows it's too late to go back, so the only thing he can do is destroy Lord Sidious with another apprentice—i.e. the player.

• The choices that the player makes will affect the outcome of the game resulting in several alternate endings including the "true" (canon) ending.
  • Vader is the only one who knows that the apprentice (you) exists. In order to keep it that way, he orders you to wipe out all witnesses. Everyone is the enemy.

It still makes no sense at all, its not exactly like that apprentice is sneaking around, I mean huge steel doors get bend, stations destroyed, entire batallions of stormtroopers goes missing, and the emperor never suspects anything ?? he just reads the reports about all that death and destruction, and what ? shrugs it off ? offcause not.
The storyline is about as solid as their excuse to not code it for PC, full of BS.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2008, 04:31:26 am »
There are still other Jedi around, and the rebels.  And the Emperor is a busy man, I'm not sure the first thing he'd suspect is Darth Vader secretly training a new apprentice to take him out.   ;)  Either way, I'm sure all will be explained.  Maybe he does know?

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2008, 10:03:54 am »
rebels couldn't formulate an attack unless they had nicked an entire imperial armada.
even then they wouldnt succeed.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2008, 10:09:10 am »
rebels couldn't formulate an attack unless they had nicked an entire imperial armada.

Wait, so the rebels didn't destroy two Death Stars and bring the Empire to its knees, then?

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2008, 10:14:31 am »
Im in my usual pessimism mode when it comes to this game. The entire "grabbing on" thing looks predictable and gimmicky, in the in-game footage things that I saw. Though it would be fun to use one guy you picked up using the force, and drag him around near his friends so he grabs onto them and disables them too. Its nice to have new destruction effects and shifts in enemy behaviour, but really, nigh on every 'good' game has some new novelty or effect to show off these days. Im going to call "forgettably average" on this one too. :P

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2008, 10:14:57 am »

Wait, so the rebels didn't destroy two Death Stars and bring the Empire to its knees, then?

that was Luke.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2008, 10:23:58 am »

that was Luke.

Who was working for and with the Rebels.

And without the rest of them, he'd have failed/be dead/joined the dark side.

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2008, 11:55:55 am »
well...

Fine, I see no reason to argue.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2008, 02:49:04 pm »
I'm not going to bother unless I can get it on PC.

Unless it's really good.

It's a move of absolute idiocy to not port it over at some point, they'd be missing out on another (quite large) market.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2008, 02:54:32 pm »
Besides, I think the last two levels of Half Life 2 but with the star wars sound track in the background is probably what we'ree gonna get out of it anyway.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2008, 02:55:27 pm »
(Spoiler alert)

You will play as Darth Vader on the first map, wich will take place on the wookie planet Kashyyk or whatever it's named and there you will defeat a talented jedi that becomes "the secret apprentice" that you will be playing with through out game....

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32608.html
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 08:01:56 am by Pixxel »
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2008, 03:32:17 pm »
Eh Ive been following this game for a while but honestly it doesnt impress me to much. I might rent it and see how it is but I just have a suspicious feeling this game is going to live up to what the developers are saying about it.
Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2008, 03:47:31 pm »
I've actually been feeling the same way, that it may not turn out that well. I mean, with DMM, it may be some weird thing like after you get it that it doesn't bend back. Odd glitches. Lightsabers not actually doing much damage (you get hit with it, it cuts...it doesn't just smack into you like a club as it's shown in most games). Bad voice acting...etc.

Which is while I will wait for some reviews/opinions.