Author Topic: The Enlightened Union (Discussion Thread)  (Read 35979 times)

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
The Enlightened Union (Discussion Thread)
« on: May 14, 2007, 01:27:42 pm »
I put this up to be sort of the discussion thread for the New Union. Try to post all your ideas here so we don't have to search several other threads for them, and so we clog the actual New Union thread that will be set up by Mr. Consideration. Keep all that unwanted crap in here  ;).

Here is a New Union wikipage that we can use now, and later (we'll modify it as we go along):
http://www.sporewiki.com/New_Union

New Union Applicants
  • Arkibals
  • Austians
  • Auyuelcliads
  • Forthi
  • Yunimius
  • Zakraa

Question Races- Kratok? (I thought they were in the AoH...)
And what with Biocat being inactive (at least i think...) should i automatically count the Urshans and Thoons in?

The New Union

The New Union is open (we're not forcing you) to anyone that wishes to join it that was involved in the GU-AoP Conflict as well as the RU-Rebels Conflict (excluding the members of the AoH). Applications for memberships must be posted here (basically just say "I want in"). Ideas can be discussed here as well, but let's try to keep it within the races that actually took part in the RP's and not some race outside of it.

Here are my (the Forthi's) ideas:
- The government should be based in large part to the Wexxian Code.
- Each race should have equal representation within this new government.
- The name of this new group should be the New Union.
- Diplomacy should be carried out before war (although we could always have some little crusade against an enemy... ;))

The Forthi also really want to undertake the building of some large projects around the galaxy, like a transportation system, and some other junk that i can't think of.

Also, the Forthi would like some part of the formerly GU 'Jointly Governed Land' added to their 'Province'...

Add in your ideas and other junk to this thread!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 08:12:21 pm by josasa »

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
Re: The New Union (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 01:36:03 pm »
I want in!

Lol, check out my Austians thread and see if they are worthy :P
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 01:40:12 pm »
I want in!

Lol, check out my Austians thread and see if they are worthy :P

Well since you were in the battles, your pretty much in. This is just to see who's going to be in the New Union, and who's going to split and go off with the Wexxians (because i think they said they were going to reform their old alliance, trying to split up the power...).

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 01:42:10 pm »
As long as the New Union dosent directly support cloning, the Austians would be happy to join.

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 01:46:02 pm »
I believe that the GU and the AoP should be dissolved, and indeed anyone who wishes to join may do so. We should strive for great peace and rebuilding after the war destruction. The Serene Republic of Thamih wishes to rule over the Former UKDF Territories, and perhaps reinstall the old noblity, such as Crown Prince High and Casmuet as Arch-Dukes. Not too sure as to what the rest of you think on this. Also, the Yunimius territories should be expanded with some of the jointly governed area, while the Auyuelcliads may annex some of my mining worlds.

As far as building goes: Yunimius are great at it ;) During the start of the REDSTAR years, blueprints were sent to improve travel between the sectors. They can be implemented in different form, a sort of speed way. Also, a Galactic Safety Mechanism design to destroy insurgent enemies to anyone or anything should be built.

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 01:51:42 pm »
Cloning will still be used in the union, it won't be outlawed, but not used commercially and will be classified, also it won't be supported per-se.

The Arkibals ideas are
*To split up the jointly goverened land between members
*To use part of the jointly goverened land to establish a capital and congress
*To make a unified military
*To use the basis of the wexxian code but but leave it more open to some military practice
*Construct a joining network of communications and transports between member races
*Use a joint currency and work on economic boosting
*To support the Forthi's construction aims
*They also support the idea of eventual Assimilation of all major races into the union and posibly a renaming

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 01:53:25 pm »
Thats close enough to what I had in mind, the Austians dont want anything to over power their suits or their droids.

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 02:00:09 pm »
Economic redevelopment of the Yunimius and the Reverse-Revolution to return the suppressed old culture would be great ;)

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 02:20:55 pm »
...Also, a Galactic Safety Mechanism design to destroy insurgent enemies to anyone or anything should be built.

I was thinking the exact same thing! :D

And the NFD has strong cloning capabilities. It was in large part due to cloning that they were able to take back Forthi Delegation lands, so they won't be giving that up.

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007, 02:26:03 pm »
I'll join if I'm allowed (since the only war I participated in was as the enemy)

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2007, 02:28:09 pm »
Also, considering the similar builds in the 5 Main Species, I believe there was a precursor presence on all of our homeworlds at some point, leaving the beginnings of our own species. Some of them (Yunimius and Forthi and Auyuelcliads) can even impregnate a Yunimius! (Not sure about other way round!) A Ministry of Science would be nice :)

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2007, 02:29:55 pm »
I'll join if I'm allowed (since the only war I participated in was as the enemy)

But aren't you a part of the AoH?

Yeah, we'll probably have all the regular departments for this govt. too. I don't see why we shouldn't..

Offline TaylorFlame

• Adventure Ace
  • LOOK A MUSLIM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2007, 02:33:14 pm »
I want in!

The races of the former GU proved themselves as being honourable, and have the respect of the United Zakraa Worlds.

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2007, 02:35:42 pm »
All except the Yunimius, who after being known (I think) as a very friendly and diplomatic race have scarred themselves for life.

Funny thing is that all they have left are concrete covered planets, with all but a few having not any culture left.

gec05

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2007, 02:39:26 pm »
Oh, guys. If you haven't noticed, Beyon City is up for grabs. Read the last post.

http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5552.msg357127#new