Author Topic: Halo 3 (Here be spoilers)  (Read 60573 times)

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
Re: Halo 3
« Reply #150 on: October 03, 2007, 09:24:07 am »
The endless amount of Halo hating got old before the release of Halo 2, and at this point I'm just really sick of it.  If you honestly don't like the game, then fine, don't play them, what's the big deal?  But perhaps you should actually try playing them, instead of watching a few minutes of your friends screen and deciding that you hate the series?

Couldn't agree more :) If you don't like it...your loss, you're the one who's missing out, not us.

And I agree on the music and level designs too, the Halo Music has been epic from CE. And I liked how this really brought back the feeling of Halo itself (woodlands (outdoors in general), the same kind of architecture, all that kind of stuff). The textures were beautiful, really well done I thought.

The Forerunner panel Land gave me a good laugh, lazy Ark not finishing what it started >:(

Offline Tal

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Farm boy
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2007, 09:29:34 am »
I have to say, the best bit of sound I've heard so far is when a Brute said, "I heard a noise, I'm gonna go check it out. No inappropriate touching!" to his squad of Grunts.

Also, when I was on the second level, a Marine jumped out from behind cover and sprayed some bullets at a Jackal and yelled, "This is for all the honeys I'm not sexin' up because I'm here fighting you!"

Nathan Fillion FTW
There are some things mankind was not meant to know...

"If you can't take the heat, get off the car hood." -Bucky Katt

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 03, 2007, 09:31:12 am »
I have to say, the best bit of sound I've heard so far is when a Brute said, "I heard a noise, I'm gonna go check it out. No inappropriate touching!" to his squad of Grunts.

Also, when I was on the second level, a Marine jumped out from behind cover and sprayed some bullets at a Jackal and yelled, "This is for all the honeys I'm not sexin' up because I'm here fighting you!"

Nathan Fillion FTW

...XD HOLY ****!...XD XD XD that's amazing!

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #153 on: October 03, 2007, 12:34:23 pm »
Again, I loved the story all the way through..  just a shame there wasn't so much of the Arbiter this time. 

Not true. Arbiter was in every single mission for me.

We played co-op.  ;D

In co-op, First player is Master Cheif, Second player is the Arbiter. Rather then 2 master cheifs or 2 arbiters.

Oh, and I have to say, the first time you went onto the ark or whatever that thing is called outside the galaxy, I was simply amazed looking at the milky way in the sky. That's the future astronomer in me being amazed by the idea of looking at our own galaxy from the outside.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 12:37:32 pm by Met »

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 03, 2007, 01:05:33 pm »
I finally got a chance to play co-op today, which is great of course, but what's even better is when you die and you have to replay a certain section over again and it plays out differently or you get to try another approach. It's fun. Except we were playing on the Highway level and we kept dying a lot and we're 70 minutes into the level and it froze on us  :'( That level is so hard on Legendary.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Snake

• Choplifter Captain
  • Bow down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 03, 2007, 01:50:01 pm »
Snipe the gunners on the tanks, then blow'em with a grenade so long as your partner distracts it. That'll finish them. I had to do it alone.
Please look at the Miala and their Wiki on the page.

Quote from: Gungnir
Blarg chicka blarg-blarg

Offline MrCrowley

• Wizard of Wor
  • New Chips ahoy!'they'l make ya go paranoid!
    • View Profile
    • Matt Groinings theory of evolutions...or theory of homer simpson
« Reply #156 on: October 03, 2007, 06:10:47 pm »
Sounds like you have some skill Snake, i did the same.

There are some many things in halo that are so, you know, inspiring. Looking at the Forerunner planet from the Arc, getting to get a birds eye view of everything when your flying. The sounds, the creeks. They did a damn good job with the texturing and flora. However that was a little naughty of them to Put a really crappy looking texture to make it seem like its thousads of feet away. Because when i fell of the cliff during the "uncovering the Arc" thing. I was like. "holy crap! I'm falling into a very far away seemingly endle-Splat."
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 06:13:46 pm by MrCrowley »
-This second one is Matt Groening's theory of Homer Evolution.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEyt8qqaWD8&mode=related&search=

-This first one is Matt Groening Version of the powers of 10.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCfDRvDWid0

Mat

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 03, 2007, 06:27:18 pm »

Nathan Fillion FTW

I heard that they say something when you stare at em long enough. I believe that Fillion said that that was his favorite little quote, but it was "inappropriate for live television."

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 03, 2007, 09:10:49 pm »
I was really hoping for a Red vs. Blue cameo somewhere in the game.

speaking of Red vs. Blue reference, Ive heard if you look closely at the warthog tires in halo 3, you just make out the word "puma" imprinted on one of them.
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 04, 2007, 04:08:22 am »
The endless amount of Halo hating got old before the release of Halo 2, and at this point I'm just really sick of it.  If you honestly don't like the game, then fine, don't play them, what's the big deal?  But perhaps you should actually try playing them, instead of watching a few minutes of your friends screen and deciding that you hate the series?

You're just getting extremely defensive and putting words in my mouth here. I never said I hated the Halo series and I never said that I didn't ever want to play any of the games.
All I'm saying is that it honestly doesn't look like this game is at all deserving of the huge amounts of hype and positive attention it's been recieving. Don't get me wrong, it looks like a solid enough game, but it looks to me like all the huge fans of the series are having their judgement clouded by their devotion to the series and accepting a game which is merely 'good' rather than critically examining the game and asking why they weren't given a third installment to the series worthy of its mammoth popularity.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 04, 2007, 02:35:17 pm »
I was really hoping for a Red vs. Blue cameo somewhere in the game.

speaking of Red vs. Blue reference, Ive heard if you look closely at the warthog tires in halo 3, you just make out the word "puma" imprinted on one of them.

One soldier said "Bow chikka wowow" once when I blew up a bunch of grunts...
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Snake

• Choplifter Captain
  • Bow down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 04, 2007, 02:38:59 pm »
It must be Ted or whatever. The Red Vs Blue teal guy.

Blarg chicka blarg-blarg

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 04, 2007, 02:41:52 pm »
Tucker I think.

Anywho, the Cortana level is realy pissing me off right now.

the real saviour of this forum

Offline Snake

• Choplifter Captain
  • Bow down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 04, 2007, 02:51:33 pm »
The Flood are a real pain in the ass. They're all over the damn place, and there's not enough ammo is there?

Blarg chicka blarg-blarg

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 04, 2007, 02:53:47 pm »
One soldier said "Bow chikka wowow" once when I blew up a bunch of grunts...
Yeah, that's tucker, and it's "Bow Chikka Bow-wow". Hmm..I wonder if "Blarg chicka blarg-blarg" made it in..