Author Topic: Halo 3 (Here be spoilers)  (Read 60832 times)

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Halo 3
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2007, 12:17:48 am »
So some of you might have heard that Bungie held a public viewing of Halo 3 in a IMAX Theater in Seattle. It so happens I live in Seattle and I went to it. Actually I got the last ticket, and there were still people arriving when I went in.

First they showed us some of the single player co-op, only two people playing but it was still cool. It was the Tsavo Highway level that you may have read about in previews. It looked pretty, it was a very linear level but it was a wide enough path that you could approach things differently every time you played. Some new things I saw, one of the brutes threw a flash grenade, not sure if it was a "grenade", or a "deployable" but it filled the screen of a good three seconds. Another deployable I saw a brute use, was a shield wall. It was a small wall that maybe two people could get behind for cover and shoot from. There was a new weapon I saw one of the players carry, it was yellow, but I have no idea what it did. The Brute choppers are just Bad @$$. That's all you really need to know about them.  8)

Then They showed use some of Forge. For those that don't know, it's a little map editor for the game. You can't change the map itself, but you can move/place objects, weapons, spawn points and vehicles. The cool thing is you can launch it from a lobby so you and your buddies can move stuff on a map shoot at each other and just mess around together. It's a very much like Little big planet but you just can't create original objects. You can save the changes you made to the map, then come back and play a multiplayer match online with people. So you could set up a map so each side has eight tanks, and just have a massive tank battles. They only showed this on a multi-player map, so I'm not sure if you can do this to a single-player level. I thought I heard you could from somewhere on the internets but I could be wrong.

The last thing they showed was the saved film option. The film was of a multiplayer match on that new multi-player map with all the sand (can't remember the name, sorry). You can move the camera around freely or attach it to a player. They paused the movie as someone was exploding and circled the camera around them, oh man it was so cool looking. It looks like it will be fun to play with, but I'm not sure if you can edit the your video's inside the game? I'm sure that info is somewhere on the nets.

The whole thing lasted about 45 minutes. It was pretty fun and I'm glad I went. I have to say that seeing Halo 3, or probably any video game on a huge IMAX screen is just freaking awesome. They had a cool looking load screen in the game too. That's all I can remember right now, there was nothing huge, but I'm even more excited about the game now.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2007, 12:21:35 am »
Great report.
Hope your Xbox gets fixed by the time H3 drops...
Edit:  Out of curiousity, which theater did they show it in?
         Saw 300 at the one right downtown (Cinerama?, across from Henry's) and it was awesome...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 12:30:38 am by danzik »

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2007, 12:33:07 am »
Yeah my 360 should be back for Halo 3. They held it at the IMAX theater at the Seattle Science Center.

Saw 300 at the one right downtown (Cinerama?, across from Henry's) and it was awesome...

Yes Cinerama is a great theater to see effect heavy movies at.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2007, 03:05:31 pm »
I reserved my copy of Halo 3 last weekend. Good times.

gec05

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2007, 03:12:18 pm »
I going to wait until someone writes the whole story in an article about what happens an I'll be happy.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2007, 09:23:08 pm »
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2007, 11:32:44 pm »
Gamerscore Blog has a pretty good write up of the event and some pictures
here.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2007, 01:07:59 am »
I've said it before, but I hope this entire game takes place on Earth this time.  Halo 2 started off great, fighting on the face station under attack, and then having to fight through the streets of Earth against snipers, drop ships, the scarab, etc.  That first portion of the game was amazing.  But after that, it was nothing but more Alien ships.  The Delta Halo levels were good, but..

Halo 3 does seem to be mostly set on Earth, which would be great.  And that Forge multiplayer mode looks hilarious.  Nothing like spawning a tank on top of someones head to score a kill.   ;)

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2007, 11:27:23 am »
1up is having a Halo 3 information blow-out all month. They have some good screens up.

*EDIT* Fixed link
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 07:45:44 pm by ilikesanta »
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

gec05

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2007, 11:59:58 am »
Why does it link to this forum? ???

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2007, 02:12:21 pm »
I dunno, but here's the link for those that are interested

http://www.1up.com/do/minisite?cId=3161338

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2007, 07:46:24 pm »
Why does it link to this forum? ???

Dag nambit. oh well it's fixed now.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2007, 12:29:41 am »
Wow thanks for all the new info,videos look great love the hammer hopefully though the Energy Sword stays in!
Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2007, 03:11:26 pm »
It's coming out in a week and there isn't a good amount of discussion? Jeez people. I'll attempt to spark up discussion.

So it looks like Halo 3 will take place on Earth. Don't see much reason to leave Earth if thats where the ark is.

Discuss.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2007, 05:42:04 pm »
I think most of the discussion right now is in the 'believe' topic. Yeah I'm excited for it. After the BETA most of my concerns for the game are gone, other then my worries of the single player level design, hopefully no more gondola/elevator rides.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures