Author Topic: Halo 3 (Here be spoilers)  (Read 60854 times)

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
Re: Halo 3 *BETA*
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2007, 07:24:04 pm »
Graphics: Halo 2 vs. Halo 3

Halo 3 looks like...Halo 2. :-\

It is a beta and not the final retail release, but still...it looks pretty lackluster, and this game that is 3-years-in-the-making ships in four months.

The pictures are kind of embedded. The images that are there are of Halo 2. You have to click on the image and hold your mouse there for a second, then it will change to the Halo 3 picture.

Halo 3 is quite prettier.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2007, 07:46:56 pm »
http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=news&cid=12468

Woo the bug is fixed and when you put in your crackdown disk an update will be issued, letting people into the beta. But the update won't get out up to another 4 hours.... Well there's the good news.

EDIT: if you can't get in the beta do this

THIS WILL WORK

Go to the system blade and then select memory.
Press Y on the HD symbol and then press X,X,Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X,X. Once you do this a messsage will appear saying: Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?

click yes

DO THIS AND IT WILL WORK

it worked for me
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 08:22:42 pm by ilikesanta »
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2007, 08:43:58 pm »
Graphics: Halo 2 vs. Halo 3

Halo 3 looks like...Halo 2. :-\

It is a beta and not the final retail release, but still...it looks pretty lackluster, and this game that is 3-years-in-the-making ships in four months.

The pictures are kind of embedded. The images that are there are of Halo 2. You have to click on the image and hold your mouse there for a second, then it will change to the Halo 3 picture.

Er, yeah, I did do that... :-\

Most of the comments seem to think the same thing; that Halo 3 doesn't look all that much better than Halo 2.

But we'll have to wait until the final game is released. Graphics don't make the game, but I really do hope the end product looks better than that.

I will say, however, that the HD videos at GameTrailers do look quite nice, albeit comparable to 360 games currently avaliable (excluding 'Gears).

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2007, 11:11:27 pm »
Well I finally got to play it and I have to say it rocks hardcore! The thing with comparing it to games like Gears is that Gears can't handle 16 player matches. Being pretty has its price. Any way I'm happy they brought back my assault rifle from the first game, I missed it so. In fact all the weapons I've gotten my hands on seems pretty good and don't feel like there all worthless (a problem I had with H2). The game does look good in HD, bubble shield is cool to look at. The Water effects are nice. Walking around with a chaingun you pulled from a turret is bad-arse. I'm going to play more.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2007, 10:48:30 am »
Well from what I have heard the single player mode will have better graphics then the multiplayer. It looks great though.
I cant wait to September.
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2007, 12:05:51 pm »
Well I finally got to play it and I have to say it rocks hardcore! The thing with comparing it to games like Gears is that Gears can't handle 16 player matches. Being pretty has its price. Any way I'm happy they brought back my assault rifle from the first game, I missed it so. In fact all the weapons I've gotten my hands on seems pretty good and don't feel like there all worthless (a problem I had with H2). The game does look good in HD, bubble shield is cool to look at. The Water effects are nice. Walking around with a chaingun you pulled from a turret is bad-arse. I'm going to play more.

Who said gears can't handle 16 players?. The four on four was a game play choice to my understanding.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2007, 12:53:04 pm »
I could be wrong but I thought I remembered someone somewhere saying that if they had more players in the game that it would take a hit in graphics/performance. Even in the single player game I don't recall a time were you saw more then 5 enemies on screen. Of course the BETA is only supporting 8 player matches right now so... yeah. <_<     >_>

I was wrong about lag, there is some but it is rare, and it doesn't last long 2 sec at most, but a majority of the time it's freaking smooth as silk. Did I mention I love walking around with a chain-gun?
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline The Dead Herring

• Dragster Diehard
  • Mmmmm grunge...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2007, 11:39:12 am »
Crap, matchmaking is back, and it's worse than ever!

It takes at least 5 minutes to get into a game, great.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2007, 04:31:15 pm »
I agree that the graphics aren't the difference between night and day, but I disagree that they're not much better.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2007, 10:23:56 pm »
Comparison Video

Again, I'll reserve final judgement for when the game arrives, but I'm feeling very underwhelmed by Halo 3. The bump in visuals the game has gotten from Halo 2 is barely noticable, and as far as gameplay is concerned, the game is all but identical (with the exception of some new vehicles and "X Button" items).

Honestly though, take a step back and think about it: This is supposed to be next-generation Halo, a game many claim as being one of the best games of the last generation. This is supposed to bring things to the next level; to wow us. That's supposedly why some pay hundreds of dollars for new systems.

Halo 3, at this point, is something that we could have gotten last generation, albeit a bit less shiny-looking.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2007, 11:33:51 pm »
It's fun but I don't know if it's Next-Gen fun. I mean three hours goes by in a blink of an eye and i don't even notice. With next gen games I shouldn't even have to blink.  ::)
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2007, 01:53:50 am »
To be fair, that's not a very high quality video.  If you download some of the HD footage, or even just play the actual game, you'll notice a lot of the smaller details.  Especially the level environments, they look a good deal better than they did in Halo 2, but you can't really see anything in that video.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=19594&type=wmv&pl=game

It's not the best looking game around, but it's definetely not the worst.

Offline El Stevo

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2007, 04:34:38 am »
It may not be a world away from Halo 2, but it still looks good. If you leave your preconceptions of what a 'next generation' game should look like and just look at Halo 3, it's really nice.

I'm not ususually a competitive multiplayer fan but I've had a pretty good time with the Halo 3 beta. I really like Valhalla and Snowbound is great for Slayer and Team Slayer. I'm not such a fan of High Ground because it seems to be the map that relies more on knowledge of where the good guns and positions are rather than skills. I'm not a huge fan of the objective based games apart from CTF.

I'm hoping I'm really sick of it by the end of the three weeks. If I'm still having as much fun then as I am now, I may have to buy Shadowrun or something!
Don't touch the screen!
Rank 4: Elite
Gamertag - El Stev0  |  Last.fm
Overwhelmed, as one would be, placed in my position.

Offline scorpia11

• Battlezone Captain
  • Who else but Quagmire!!??
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2007, 09:22:44 am »
Well i've got it and im currently killing my xbox with it.....I have to say that the graphics were not as i expected...but the graphics are still beautiful, and the difference is obvious. The texture of the vehicles are beautiful, and as for the gameplay....no words can describe the fun. As for the Match-making, there really isnt a problem, as it seems to load quite quickly, and i like the party feature. The 'x-button' items are very good, such as the bubble shield, and of course the grav-lifts. all in all.......FRICKING EXCELLENT!

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2007, 12:14:10 pm »
It's fun but I don't know if it's Next-Gen fun. I mean three hours goes by in a blink of an eye and i don't even notice. With next gen games I shouldn't even have to blink.  ::)

I never said it isn't fun...I said that this was basically entirely possible on six-year-old hardware, and it would have been nice to see some new additions and to see the game take full advantage of this $400 hardware.

I should note that I never saw Halo as anything special in the first place, so I may be the wrong person to ask. Still, I wish that Bungie wouldn't play it so safe with this game and that they would take better advantae of the hardware given to them.