Author Topic: Halo 3 (Here be spoilers)  (Read 60880 times)

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
Halo 3 (Here be spoilers)
« on: May 11, 2007, 06:07:45 pm »
So next week on May 16th the Halo 3 BETA is coming out for 3 whole weeks, so I figured I would start a topic for us who willl be playing the thing like crazy. I'm getting excited for it and I'm hoping they'll fix some of the problems I had with Halo 2. I also want to fiddle around with thier video save/editing thing they have. I'ma editor by trade and I loved the one that was in Driver for the PS1, so I'm interested in the different things I oculd do with it. I heard the beta editor is limited to what it can do, but I'm still looking forward to it.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 06:40:44 pm by Danzik »

I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
Re: Halo 3 *BETA*
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 07:29:31 pm »
I would've tried to get in on the beta except I still don't have a 360.  But I will be keeping an eye on this thread.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Petreak

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Petreak's Graphics and Stuff!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 07:49:25 pm »
I have a 360 Inkling...well, you already know that though, don't you? Hehe.
You can come over to my place if you like. Well, never mind, that won't work. I don't have access to the beta either, since I didn't buy Crackdown. Don't see myself spending over 60 bucks just to get into a beta. Sheesh! I played the demo for Crackdown and I liked it, but didn't think it was worth the $60. Anyone have an extra beta invite they can give me?
"No matter where you go, there you are."

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 11:08:43 pm »
I've seen used copies of crackdown for sale. It's a fun game on it's own, it's well worth the purchace.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 11:17:39 pm »
I'd buy the game, but I have a hard time parting with $60 for one game.

But it's not Crackdown's fault; I rarely buy games for their full $60 asking price (unless it's along the lines of Oblivoin). I will almost always wait for the game to drop to $40 or less.

Call it cheap, but it works for me! I have plently of $20-$30 games to play while I wait for the others to drop in price. And when you're saving $20-$30 per game, the savings really add up.

Offline The Dead Herring

• Dragster Diehard
  • Mmmmm grunge...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 08:57:39 am »
If there is one thing I want out of Halo 3 is for it to take less time to get into a match. The matchmaking system in Halo 2 was a real pain for me. The way I like it is a PC style list of games, and you decide which match to join.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 09:15:58 am »
The way I like it is a PC style list of games, and you decide which match to join.

Can't you do that by selecting "custom match" and searching for all avaliable games?

That's how I do it on all Xbox Live games. Maybe that doesn't work in Halo 2? I don't own the game, so I really don't know.

Offline Petreak

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Petreak's Graphics and Stuff!
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 12:23:16 pm »
I'm with you there Pilot4Life. I try to do the same thing. Crackdown still hasn't dropped down to $40 or less yet, at least not anywhere I have looked. All Gamestops/EB Games only have their used copies $5 cheaper than the new. If you get the used copy, then it probably won't have the Beta Invite in it because the person who originally bought it has it. Oh well. I guess I don't want into the beta BAD enough to shell out the money for a new crackdown. They should just let everyone download it and play it. Its stupid to have to pay for access into a beta.
"No matter where you go, there you are."

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 03:21:45 pm »
Pretty close to 40 dollars there, probably mainly because of the Halo 3 beta coming up in just a few days.
VERY LONG EBAY URL

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 06:05:58 pm »
If you get the used copy, then it probably won't have the Beta Invite in it because the person who originally bought it has it.

NO the Beta is Tied to the Disk, if you have the game you should be able to get into the BETA. There is still hope  ;D
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 07:49:02 pm »
Yeah, you get an option in the Crackdown menu to download the Beta, and then every time you want to play the Beta, you go to the Crackdown menu again. If you have Crackdown, you can play the Beta.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 01:46:15 am »
15 minutes and counting.... I'm trying to kill time. My girlfriend is playing Catan so I can't distracted myself, never mind the halo demo is probably going to be a hefty download so I'll have to wait even more, but still....

UPDATE: well I guess the thing doesn't go up until 5am wtf, I'm going to bed.

UPDATE 2 (rubs sleep out of eyes) I'm glad is didn't try to stay up until 5am. So it's still not out yet, or at least not out for us who bought crackdown. Seeing this I went to Major Nelsons website and just found this
Quote from: Major Nelson
We're aware that some users are having difficulty downloading the Halo 3 multiplayer beta via Crackdown. Bungie Studios is working with the Xbox Live team to resolve this as quickly as possible - stay tuned. Gamers entering the beta through other means, such as the Friends and Family remain unaffected.

I am headed back to Seattle in a few hours, so Ill be offline while I am in the air. For the most up to date information, keep an eye on Bungie.net for the latest from Frankie regarding this issue.

This site is experiencing an excessive traffic amount of traffic at this time, so sorry for the temporary nature of this message. Were working on getting back online as soon as we can.

At times like these I feel sad for Major. He's the middle man we Joe and Jill Xbox Gamers go to to get info about all stuff XBL and when stuff like this happen, he gets the blunt of the anger. When EA tried charging for game cheats, the fans yelled at Major. Often he has to turn off comments on some of his post, because there are so many, but I have never seen it where he replaces his entire website with just a paragraph and nothing else.

I too am kinda upset. I was look forward to this, and it bugs me that they didn't test this at all. I mean they new this day was coming did no one think to check this out beforehand? Maybe the new crackdown updates had something to do with it, who knows? Well I'm just going to keep my eye on the internets and my copy of crackdown, maybe I'll still get a chance to paly before I have to goto work at 2pm (pst).
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 09:18:18 am by ilikesanta »
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 09:49:13 am »
That really stinks. 
Hope they get the beta out soon.

Rithum News has a machine on realtime video constantly updating.
Boring to watch but, they'll probably have it first

At least Aegis Wing is coming out on XBLA free today.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 09:55:26 am by danzik »

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 10:10:40 am »
I was just going to post about that site.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 07:05:33 pm »
Graphics: Halo 2 vs. Halo 3

Halo 3 looks like...Halo 2. :-\

It is a beta and not the final retail release, but still...it looks pretty lackluster, and this game that is 3-years-in-the-making ships in four months.