Poll

Should I add something else?

Plank is
Very Very Sorry
For Being
A Moron
In His First Year

Author Topic: The Austians  (Read 16946 times)

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
The Austians
« on: May 05, 2007, 05:53:13 am »

Appearance:

Austians are bipedal insectoids, who are a mix of green and blue colours. They a have two sets of fangs on the edge of their mouths, which help chew up food, due to lack of teeth. On one hand they have an ordinary hand with insectine scales, while the other has a small claw on it. Austians have no ears, so they have two sets of antennae. While civilians wear ordinary clothes, soldiers wear high-tech(ish*) battlesuits.

*Not as high tech as more advanced and ancient civilisations, but high tech nonetheless.

Personality:

The average Austian is quite, but speaks out when it needs too, it is protective of its friends, family and, if in the army, fellow soldiers. Priests are stubborn and devout to the Austian ways, and simply accuse others of heresy if they do not agree with the priests.
Soldiers and Guards are generally loyal to Generals and Leaders, and protect their people at all times, but impatient in battle.

Culture:

Austians civilians are very interested in culture, artists and writers are most of the population on the East half of Austa Minor, because of the massive amount of movies and publishing’s there. Most art is of the sky and planets, because Austians are highly interested in space, one of the main reasons the Austians were overjoyed after the first spaceship was built.

Religion:

Austian religion is deeply complicated; briefly, the Austians believe that the elements are represented by four tribes, the Dazks Tribe (Fire), Iks Tribe (Water), Viis Tribe (Air) and Linz Tribe (Rock). Each of these tribes split their power up and ruled the Planet. There are many stories about the wars between them. The “Sacred Scrolls” tell that artefacts on other worlds can be used in a ritual to grant immortal life and peace to the galaxy.

This has caused many problems in the Austian Military, as Generals would tend to help in wars and take the sensible options, while high priests send men to their death fighting for planet “Which could help for the holy cause”. Before the Austians went into space, their were many wars about which Tribe was the strongest and had the right morals.

Dazks - That power in milatary might is stronger than all.
Iks - That Rules should be upheld above ones own life.
Viis - Diploamacy and law is better than Fighting
Linz - The final and strongest tribe, they Think that become more advanced and inteligent than the others will lead to victory.

The Linz tribe became the strongest tribe, and all the other tribes split into minor tribes, which eventuly became great nations, before banding together as a planet.

The church system in like the fuedal system. The higher you are up the chain, then you practicly own the people below you.

The High Priest is the powerful, Pope-like person, the Cardinal is the High Preist's assistants, the "Caiisls" are men who are below Cardinals, but above the lowly priest. The regular Priest is beneath them, and at the very bottom is the Holy-Troopers (the holy garison of the Austian army)

Military:

The thing that the Austians are known for on the battlefield is speed, Austians get the job done quite quickly, relying on the ability to destroy the enemy Warship’s main guns before they it gets a chance to use them. Although they lack large, strong warships, Austian marines are quickly laded on the enemy ship.

On the planets and moons, Austian troopers charge at the flanks of the enemy, although it is slower, the attack is more deadly. The Austians use many unique troops such as the Flame-trooper or the Electro-Trooper (armed with special guns that electrocute the enemies).

Austian Generals prefer Walkers over Tanks; this includes the R7 Battlewalker, which blasted its way through the battles on Austa Greater. Walkers can walk over petty obstacles that could stop a convoy of tanks.

The army is led by two different kinds of generals, The “proper” Army Generals, and High Priests, who constantly argue about whether they should take part in a battle that might actually help the Austians practically, or just attack a random planet that “Might help the holy cause”.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 06:58:29 am by Plank of Wood »

the real saviour of this forum

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
Re: The Austians
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 11:51:27 am »
Add more about religion  ;)

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 12:01:29 pm »
Thats the hard bit, I spent about 2 hours writing stuff up, deciding its too crappy, and deleting it. :P

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 12:14:19 pm »
So you resorted to Avatar religion?  :P

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 12:58:58 pm »
Oh yeah, sorry about the crappy pictures.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 01:48:55 pm »
Not a problem

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 04:12:20 pm »
Lol  :D

Instead of posting a new post right after yourself, you should modify the first one. The button is in the upper right of each one of your posts.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 05:54:13 pm »

Instead of posting a new post right after yourself, you should modify the first one. The button is in the upper right of each one of your posts.

actualy, I usualy edit the old one and post a new one with the updates to the old one, so people know its been updated and so you dont have to read through meaningless posts to find the subbstance if your new to the thread.
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2007, 12:37:10 am »
I thought the title the "The Austrians"  :P

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2007, 12:40:01 am »
There armoured suit reminds me of a Storm Trooper, but those guys are badass so you earn points for that.
Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2007, 01:07:02 am »
Lol  :D

I knew that before I made this thread :P
There armoured suit reminds me of a Storm Trooper, but those guys are badass so you earn points for that.

I never noticed that.

Its just something about fact there are bugs in those suits that make them so much cooler.

I thought the title the "The Austrians"  :P

Indeed.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 05:21:07 am by Plank of Wood »

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2007, 08:07:50 am »
Very cool race ;D I also misread it as Austrians at first, and wondered how Asutria could be considered a place inhabited by aliens ;)

As you have heard from Balth (Mr. Consideration), you qualify as a candidate for the Grand Union.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2007, 08:11:17 am »
Alrighty then.

Now to Find the Thread...

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2007, 05:57:50 pm »
Again, instead of posting again after yourself a bunch of times, modify your most recent post. That way you don't keep double posting.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2007, 09:56:59 pm »
Again, instead of posting again after yourself a bunch of times, modify your most recent post. That way you don't keep double posting.

if he does that the thread dies cause no one knows he changed it. do both
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!