Author Topic: Blizzard Announces Starcraft II  (Read 75726 times)

Offline darkstar

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Cool looking UFO- Priceless
    • View Profile
Blizzard Announces Starcraft II
« on: April 28, 2007, 01:43:59 pm »
I'm sure many of u have heard this already, but anyone have any idea on what this may be? Personally I'm hoping for starcraft 2 but I'm betting its another WoW expansion.

main article: http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25594825&sid=6169864&om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;1

EDIT: Blizzard has today announced starcraft II, head over to the blizzard site for images and videos +more info (Finally Starcraft 2!!!)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 07:48:35 am by darkstar »

Those who think anything is possible have never tried slamming a revolving door.

Everything has a weakness against grenades ;)

Current Favorite Game- Spore

Waiting on:
Fallout 3
Starcraft 2

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
Re: Blizzard confirms new game to be announced soon.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 01:50:57 pm »
OOH! ALL HAIL BLIZZARD!

And WW too...

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 01:52:11 pm »
Better not be an MMO.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline TwistedBishop

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 05:05:45 pm »
I'd bet on World of Warcraft 2.  We've heard before about Blizzard's crazy development times (didn't WoW take like 10 years?), so I could see them looking ahead to 2014 or whatever the WoW 2 date will be.

Anything else would just be competing against themselves.

Offline TwistedBishop

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 05:17:30 pm »
Oh and on the topic of the game announced May 19th, it has to be Starcraft 2.  Just making the announcement in Korea seals the deal.

The antiquated graphics kept me from ever getting into the first game.  I'm pretty exciting about finally being able to experience the RTS which has inspired such devotion.

Offline Person21

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 05:21:25 pm »
You didn't like the graphics in Starcraft?

And why judge a game based on graphics?
Person21 - As enjoyed by Veraal.
A wise Surface to Air Missile once said about marrying 9 year olds in Saudi Arabia "Its pretty hard to tell if a 9 year old is going to be hot when she grows up, kids change a lot, usually, seems like a bad system. That cute little nine year old you married could end being a fat, zitty teenager."

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 05:32:15 pm »
He must not have tried to play the game within the first three years of it's release.

The said, it still looks dead sexy and I would still give my life for Aiur.

Offline TwistedBishop

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2007, 05:42:34 pm »
You didn't like the graphics in Starcraft?

And why judge a game based on graphics?

I came into the genre through Dawn of War, so that's basically the graphical standard I'm used to.  I'm not judging the gameplay really, since I've only fooled around with the demo. 

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 06:28:15 pm »
Personally, I'm hoping for a starcraft MMO, though I'd be just as happy with a sequel. I've always loved the concept of Rednecks in Space. The seen where the marines are entering the station, looking for zerg infestation, and they stop to use the cold fusion bomb as an ice cooler for their beer, STILL cracks me up to this day. I know so many people who would do that.

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2007, 06:37:00 pm »
It won't be an MMO. I'm sure Blizzard has their hands full with WoW, and they don't want to cannibalize their audience with a second MMO.

As for Starcraft, I love the graphics. There's a period of time where 2D graphics started looking REALLY pretty, and then they made the jump into 3D and they kind of looked like poop until they got really good again, sort of like an uncanny valley. Starcraft was right at that pretty 2D time, and I just like looking at it. But I never really got that into it, more because I like to play RTSs online, and Starcraft has such a cult following behind it that I wouldn't be able to compete with the players there.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2007, 06:53:48 pm »
Yeah, starcraft had the randomized artistic landscape going on. A tile would be "city wall," and it would be a precreated random image of a shop or posters or some interesting minute detail like a store that sells marine suits  ;D

And because of the pre-painted tileset it always looked really interesting.

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2007, 07:47:32 pm »
I seriously hope its starcraft 2, I want a continuation of the storyline. Im going too enjoy watching Kerrigan get ownd via raynor :)
Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2007, 07:53:17 pm »
As much as  I hate blizzard for what it has done to the MMO community... (And as an avid Total Annihilation fan it is my time honoured duty to hate Starcraft). I think a Starcraft MMO would be good. Hopefully it wouldn't be dumbed down, but with the success of World of Warcraft.. I can see it happening. Why you ask because after SWG died because of the NGE it left a gaping hole in the sci-fi mmo world. There are good old ones like Anarchy Onlines, current ones like Auto Assault fail. Upcoming ones like Star Trek Online is looking to also fail by the sounds of it. The only one people are hyped about is Stargate Worlds which is far off.. And if it does good it will completely dominate the sci-fi mmo market.
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline FROMAN

• Journey Groupie
  • =ω=
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2007, 08:00:52 pm »
i heard from a friend (who lies a lot) that its a starcraft mmorpg and you can go to the WoW and vice versa

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2007, 11:42:57 pm »
Ive read somewere that they are working on a new MMO, wait... let me find it...

Ok thats not exactly what they said but something like it: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6164522.html

(Gamespot is down at the moment, but the link will probably work soon).
@davidramnero