Author Topic: - MAFIA II - (GAME OVER - TOWNSFOLK VICTORY)  (Read 34565 times)

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
Re: - MAFIA II - (DAY 1)
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2007, 10:57:40 am »
Man...so I'm Mafia or Stupid? I'M THE THIEF EVERYONE!!! THE THIEF!

(And for those of you who read too much into that, it was a joke.  :P)

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2007, 11:03:54 am »
Your gallows humor is very odd.   :-\

Offline p-luke

• Joust Warrior
  • The Atheist God
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2007, 11:06:03 am »
Yeah.. You might want to consider to stop acting so weird.
If you say too many wrong things, then if we don't kill you, the Mafia might :/

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2007, 11:35:15 am »
Well I realized I made the mistake the second I said i was the priest, but now it's too late so I'm just going with it  :-\

Heh, someone mind protecting me tonight?

Edit: If I survive the day  :P

Edit 2: I change my vote is flamestar(sp?) in self defense

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2007, 12:42:50 pm »
Daxx - Brandonazz - bases the vote on Brandonazz "either lying or being too dim to keep his mouth shut" - possibly mafia, it wouldn't really make sense for someone of townsfolk to get a priest hanged just for not keeping his mouth shut, as well as it doesn't really make sense for Brandonazz to lie about being a priest

Well obviously I'm gonna say you're wrong, but think here for a minute. Brandonazz can't possibly be that stupid. If he's declared himself to be the priest and he's not in the mafia, the mafia will kill him anyway. Only a mafia member would directly say they were a priest.

Also guys, abstaining only plays into the mafia's hands. If you all abstain then the mafia will still vote and effectively control who gets lynched (remember someone always gets lynched every day). Vote even if it's only to dilute the Mafia vote.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 12:47:32 pm by Daxx »

Offline p-luke

• Joust Warrior
  • The Atheist God
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2007, 12:48:54 pm »
Yeah but if we lynch a townie, then we are helping the mafia!
Especially now in the first round..

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2007, 12:54:15 pm »
All votes are in and the minimum time has elapsed, but I haven't had many power callouts. I'm going to wait for a while incase people are confused and/or haven't had a chance of PM me with power uses.

Offline p-luke

• Joust Warrior
  • The Atheist God
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2007, 12:59:00 pm »
Ah well, I guess I'll vote too. right now I'm thinking Daxx, Great Distance or Gunner.
But, if GD is Mafia, then she wouldn't accuse Daxx. Gunner on the other hand, is acting really weird just like he did last round.
So my vote goes to Gunner.

Though I doubt my vote will actually have much effect, anyway.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2007, 01:01:45 pm »
Edit 2: I change my vote is flamestar(sp?) in self defense

You forgot to change his vote in the first post.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Person21

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2007, 01:06:16 pm »
Well obviously I'm gonna say you're wrong, but think here for a minute. Brandonazz can't possibly be that stupid. If he's declared himself to be the priest and he's not in the mafia, the mafia will kill him anyway. Only a mafia member would directly say they were a priest.

And now there's a good chance that the mafia won't kill Brandonazz so we'll all think he's mafia and kill him.
Person21 - As enjoyed by Veraal.
A wise Surface to Air Missile once said about marrying 9 year olds in Saudi Arabia "Its pretty hard to tell if a 9 year old is going to be hot when she grows up, kids change a lot, usually, seems like a bad system. That cute little nine year old you married could end being a fat, zitty teenager."

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2007, 01:56:55 pm »
I vote for Brandondazz.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline aligon

• Tron User
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2007, 02:42:44 pm »
OK, I'm voting for brandonazz as well then, because I don't really see why he would declare to everyone the fact that he is a priest. The only reasons I can see are:

a) Like I said before (kind of), he might be pretending that he doesn't know the rules of the game or is simply feigning stupidity, but is in fact a mafia member and is only doing this so people won't vote for him (although if that was it, it didn't really work because it simply attracted attention to him.).

or b) He really is a priest, in which case we probably shouldn't kill him.

and finally c) He's a townsperson, and he is trying to disrupt people by telling lies. If this is true, then even if he is on our "team", he might not be such a great addition anyway, and would simply increase our confusion, which is bad.

That's a 2:1 ratio of reasons to vote for him vs. reasons not to, in my opinion, but I probably missed quite a bit (and that third reason is kinda weird...But w/e). Also, I don't understand why flamester_ is getting voted for so much, no one has really had a reason to vote for him yet. In my opinion, the only reason something like this would happen is if all the mafia decided to concentrate their vote on one person to eliminate them, and didn't brandonazz also vote flamester_? Makes you think....

EDIT: Oh and also, I just realized, didn't flamester_ vote Brandonazz? Maybe the mafia are trying to protect one of their members? I don't really know...I just think brandonazz is our best bet at this point.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 02:52:23 pm by aligon »

As Inevitable as Life Itself. Spread the Joy.

My Sporepedia page:
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Aligon

The Agnoculus:
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=7619.0

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
Re: - MAFIA II - (please wait, updating)
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2007, 06:12:56 pm »
Eyes fell on Brandonazz after his offer of priestly protection to the masses. Whatever intent he had in mind, it was disregarded as the mob descended on him, brutally accosting him and hanging him up on the tree, cheering as he choked and finally expired, noose tight about his neck. Soon though, a few members of the clergy turned up, horrified at the news and even more horrified at Brandonazz's death - he was telling the truth all along, and was a priest, as he had said. The mob cursed their snap judgements and vowed to extract twice as much mafia blood in revenge. Unfortunatley, the mafia themselves had a similar intent..

It is now night time. Mafia, now's the time to plan. If anyone hasn't already called their power, now's the time.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
Re: - MAFIA II - (NIGHT 1)
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2007, 07:02:37 pm »
A nervous scrawl was seen on a scrap falling out of Brandonazz's pocket...

May God have mercy on your souls...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 07:20:19 pm by Brandonazz »

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: - MAFIA II - (NIGHT 1)
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2007, 07:13:46 pm »
Why didn't you just keep your mouth shut....

Im sorry your out already...
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.