Author Topic: - MAFIA II - (GAME OVER - TOWNSFOLK VICTORY)  (Read 34567 times)

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
Re: - MAFIA II - (DAY 1)
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2007, 01:48:28 am »
I vote Brandonazz for now, for either lying or being too dim to keep his mouth shut.

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2007, 06:18:43 am »
This reminds me of when I was voted out.  Brandonazz isn't here and can say nothing in his defence...
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2007, 07:01:02 am »
I think everyone might need this: GMT

I vote Flamester_.

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2007, 07:21:33 am »
Brandonazz, because of his cryptic comments earlier.
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline Person21

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2007, 08:21:58 am »
I vote aligon, he was the first to vote Brandonazz, and risk killing the priest on the first day. (nobody listen to me)

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I abstain
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 08:23:41 am by Person21 »
Person21 - As enjoyed by Veraal.
A wise Surface to Air Missile once said about marrying 9 year olds in Saudi Arabia "Its pretty hard to tell if a 9 year old is going to be hot when she grows up, kids change a lot, usually, seems like a bad system. That cute little nine year old you married could end being a fat, zitty teenager."

Offline p-luke

• Joust Warrior
  • The Atheist God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2007, 08:40:44 am »
Omg, you stupids! You're just all going to vote for Brandonazz?! for all we know, he's just a townie!
I think we should just use our powers (if you have any) first, and wait until someone actually does something.
And maybe the first mafia attack will provide us with some information, too.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2007, 08:56:14 am »
Yeah everyone, vote for me, and see how events unfold like last game....as you slowly kill off priests and policemen...

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2007, 09:04:38 am »
We should all abstain.  I abstain.  We don't have enough info yet...
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

Offline Great Distance

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2007, 09:17:43 am »
My summary about people's actions so far:

player - vote - known facts - speculation

Flamester_ - Brandonazz - voted randomly for Slartibartfast and changed vote after Brandonazz claimed to be a priest - doesn't really seem to care who to vote for, suggesting that he's a psychopath and playing his own game, possibly mafia based on wanting to get rid of a person who might be a priest (or maybe he's townsfolk and just doesn't know what he's doing)
Kcronos - none - defends Brandonazz - defending Brandonazz might mean that he either believes him sincerely or that they're both in the mafia, you can't really know for sure
Interitus - Kcronos - bases the vote on "keeping the pattern going" - doesn't want to get too much attention?
Brandonazz - Interitus - uses the same excuse for voting as Interitus and claims to be a priest - probably didn't realise that revealing anything would just get people suspicious and give the mafia an excuse to put the blame on him and make everyone else vote for him as well, wasn't a very smart move whether he's telling the truth or not
7 who ate 9 - none - says it's too early to decide who to vote for, speculates a lot and told people not to vote for Brandonazz - waiting for more information suggests that he's an inquisitor and probably townsfolk, mafia could just vote without having too much information, but he could be bluffing
Mr. Consideration - none - says he did not vote due to the lack of information - might be an inquisitor as well (or not)
aligon - none - says (jokingly?) that Brandonazz must be lying about being a priest, is unsure who to vote for - again, an inquisitor? or something else?
Cobra - 7 who ate 9 - bases the vote on 7 who ate 9 not voting for anyone - mafia or just suspicious
Daxx - Brandonazz - bases the vote on Brandonazz "either lying or being too dim to keep his mouth shut" - possibly mafia, it wouldn't really make sense for someone of townsfolk to get a priest hanged just for not keeping his mouth shut, as well as it doesn't really make sense for Brandonazz to lie about being a priest
Slartibartfast - Flamester_ - nothing - doesn't want to attract attention
Gunner - Brandonazz - based on "cryptic comments" - mafia or just suspicious
Person21 - none - defends Brandonazz  - probably believes that Brandonazz is telling the truth (aligon didn't vote at all, btw)
p-luke - none - defends Brandonazz, wants to wait before action - inquisitor, I'd say

I vote for Flamester_.

We should all abstain.  I abstain.  We don't have enough info yet...

There's no way you're going to get everyone to abstain. If you don't want Brandonazz to get voted out, you should make sure that someone else gets voted out instead. I'd say Flamester is a safe bet since he already had almost as many votes as Brandonazz. Before you decided to abstain, of course.

I might be totally wrong about everything, though.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 09:24:33 am by Great Distance »

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2007, 09:24:21 am »
I too abstain, we should wait for a cop yo find something.  But then the cop would have to reveal himself...  Quite a conundrum.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline p-luke

• Joust Warrior
  • The Atheist God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2007, 09:29:23 am »
Hmm... isn't there a different way for cops to reveal their findings without showing their true identity? I mean.. if the cop get killed for revealing some information, and he can't even be sure that it's good info, that might not really be worth it...

Also:

player - vote - known facts - speculation
Great Distance - none - Is making a good summary - wouldn't this be excactly what a Mafia member would do? Like Slartibart last round.

Offline Great Distance

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2007, 09:32:15 am »
Hmm. You may believe what you want. But I did vote for Flamester, though. Your summary is faulty!

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2007, 09:43:21 am »
Speculations, while potentially convincing, doesn't give us much more than random chance to lynch a mafia or a townsperson.

For now, I abstain.
Virus Buster.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2007, 10:29:58 am »
I hope that if I do survive, another townie isn't lycnhed instead....that would move the game downhill quickly  :-\

If it was a townie, then I would be no doubt lynched the next day on the ssumption that one of the two most likely lynched is a townie and the other a mafia.

Offline 7 who ate 9

• Ms. Pac-Man Worshiper
  • I'm actually a pretty optimistic guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2007, 10:44:53 am »

Great Distance - none - Is making a good summary - wouldn't this be excactly what a Mafia member would do? Like Slartibart last round.

Erm, that is what happened to me last time. I tried making a sumary and everyone voted for me. Then I commited suicide. I don't think Brandox is mafia, I just think he is an idiot. Think about it, if Brandon was mafia wouldn't the other mafia members tell him that lying about being a preist is stupid? I change my vote to Daxx, for reason that GD listed.

EDIT: Actually, I abstain still. But, I might vote for Daxx...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 10:47:32 am by 7 who ate 9 »
Quote from: Quantum Burrito
Mary Poppins was hot. Full of golden ratio goodness. I'd be the derivative of her function any day of the week.
We'll hold that against you until you leave these forums you know :P