Author Topic: Happy 4/20 everyone!  (Read 2146 times)

Offline 7 who ate 9

• Ms. Pac-Man Worshiper
  • I'm actually a pretty optimistic guy...
    • View Profile
Happy 4/20 everyone!
« on: April 20, 2007, 08:12:35 am »
Incase you didn't know, 4/20 is marajuna (sp?) legalization day. Being a kid I don't really know much about that drug, but alot of stoners are trying to get school of today. In order to get school of, some people are trying to put flyers about this "holiday" around the school. But, other people have a different aproach. At one of the highschools near were I live, there have been bomb threats on Monday. On tuesday they sent another bomb threat, telling people that if they went to school that day they would die. On Wensday, they sent a tree on Fire. Yester day everyone needed to evacuate the school ecause they thought they saw a bomb. Today, people are still going to school because they think the bomb won't happen.

Also, a few years ago today there was a shoting at a highschool where 12 kids and one teacher died. At another highschool (the one that my sister is going to) they found a kid with a hit list. This kid was joking about the hit list either, he is an insane creep that wanted to kill everbody today. Luckily the poilce have him now, but still.

Also, today is Hitler's birthday.

Quote from: Quantum Burrito
Mary Poppins was hot. Full of golden ratio goodness. I'd be the derivative of her function any day of the week.
We'll hold that against you until you leave these forums you know :P

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
Re: Happy 4/20 everyone!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 09:46:52 am »
and yet you still wish everyone a "happy" 4/20?

And why do you have to send in bomb scares? In my day (which wasn't that long ago.. okay it was). People just skipped school they didn't have to come up with some osrt of excuse they just skipped.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 11:43:19 am by Interitus »
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 12:12:48 pm »
Its my friend's birthday too.......He must be HITLER 2.0!!!!

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 12:19:26 pm »
and yet you still wish everyone a "happy" 4/20?

And why do you have to send in bomb scares? In my day (which wasn't that long ago.. okay it was). People just skipped school they didn't have to come up with some osrt of excuse they just skipped.

Ha, I bet half of them don't even care about dope legalisation. Its like the time all the lazt, stupid or otherwise impaired kids staged a mass sit-in on the school field when they were supposed to be in class "Protesting the Iraq War" despite the fact they clearly didnt care and everyone who actually didn't like the war was in class.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 02:20:02 pm »
Ha, I bet half of them don't even care about dope legalisation. Its like the time all the lazt, stupid or otherwise impaired kids staged a mass sit-in on the school field when they were supposed to be in class "Protesting the Iraq War" despite the fact they clearly didnt care and everyone who actually didn't like the war was in class.

yeah, pretty much. AN unofficial day to skip school. I know the teachers never really prepared much because so many students would become 'sick'

Its my friend's birthday too.......He must be HITLER 2.0!!!!

My friends birthday is today too  :P She must be Eva Braun 2.0!

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 02:49:53 pm »
It seems weird that you're having a holiday to celebrate absolutely nothing, since cannabis is still technically illegal in Canada.

At least, as far as I know. I wikipedia'd it.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 04:22:32 pm »
It seems weird that you're having a holiday to celebrate absolutely nothing, since cannabis is still technically illegal in Canada.

At least, as far as I know. I wikipedia'd it.

it's not to celebrate it never has been as far as I know.  It's roots actually trace back to the US to people who used to try and get pot legalized by preassuring congress on that day. The trend spread to Canada. It's cause of holding rallies got lost in times and it just became an unofficial school holiday, an excuse for kids to skip school.  This has been going on for so many years teachers usually just assign little to no homework and use the time as a study period.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 04:28:52 pm »
"Pot Day" is on 4/20 because police (in the U.S., anyways) will issue a "420" when someone is caught smoking weed.

Just in case nobody knew. :)

Offline Hizzah

• Bezerk Brawler
  • http://www.pbfcomics.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 08:14:19 pm »
It's actually a big part of our culture. 4/20, not marijuana. Wait, actually marijuana is too. But I thought it was just some joke that was going around our school until a few years ago. Unfortunately, no one over the age of 18 seems to know what it is, so we don't get a pass on HW or anything else.

Somebody spray painted 4/20 real big on a wall in the gym today. Barrelz of laughs.

Offline 7 who ate 9

• Ms. Pac-Man Worshiper
  • I'm actually a pretty optimistic guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 11:13:15 pm »
Some body posted a bomb threat in the bathroom during a contest this night. It was an after school latin competition with peole all over the country coming, when somebody spraw painted a fake bomb threat. Everyone needed to leave the school.
Quote from: Quantum Burrito
Mary Poppins was hot. Full of golden ratio goodness. I'd be the derivative of her function any day of the week.
We'll hold that against you until you leave these forums you know :P