Author Topic: Sonic Rush 2 (Now with Pirates!)  (Read 2997 times)

gec05

Sonic Rush 2 (Now with Pirates!)
« on: April 17, 2007, 04:15:04 pm »
Quote from IGN:

SEGA has announced it's bringing Sonic Rush Adventure - a follow-up to 2005's Sonic Rush - to DS later this year, including new elements such as 3D vehicle sections and boss battles that span both screens.

This latest Sonic game sees the blue hedgehog taking to the high-seas and fending off a ruthless bands of pirates, led by the not particularly evil-sounding Captain Whiskers, in a search for valuable treasure.

Alongside the standard run-very-fast platforming action we've come to expect from Sonic titles, Rush Adventure also sees Sonic hopping into the driver's seat of several different water-based vehicles, including a submarine, hovercraft and water bike. What's more, as well as gathering rings while sailing along, Sonic must perform tricks, torch pirate boats and engage in fierce ship-to-ship battles.

Levels continue the pirate theme, so Sonic must run through an ominous ghost ship, pirate villages and a vast underwater cave while bouncing on the heads of robots, skeleton warriors, pterodactyls and a robotic triceratops.

Alongside the game's single-player mode, SEGA is also promising multiplayer action via DS Download Play and Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, enabling players to compete in races and mission-based battles.

Sonic Rush Adventure is being developed by SEGA Studios and is scheduled for release this Autumn.

After playing the original Sonic Rush, you can't go wrong with the old-fashioned 2D gameplay that left me wanting more. I can expect no less that SEGA will hopefully make this game even better than the first.

Your thoughts.

But... Captain Whiskers??? C'mon...

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
Re: Sonic Rush 2 (Now with Pirates!)
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 04:44:58 pm »
Levels continue the pirate theme, so Sonic must run through an ominous ghost ship, pirate villages and a vast underwater cave while bouncing on the heads of robots, skeleton warriors, pterodactyls and a robotic triceratops.

Nothing says pirate like triceratops.

DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD

gec05

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 04:48:15 pm »
I guess there's a fairy tale theme they're using with any new Sonic game now.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 07:41:13 am »
I hope the level design improves.  The first game really annoyed me with all the pits of death.  It encouraged you to run fast through out the levels, but then punished you for doing so, by having constant pits you would fall into and die, with no way to see them or avoid them if you were moving fast.  They need to keep the levels simple, like the original Sonic games, were these pits would be rather rare.  I don't want to have to memorise the levels before I'm able to finish them.

gec05

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 03:35:26 pm »
I think SEGA has a tendancy to force you to play on a trial and error basis. They purposely make things difficult and expect you to learn from mistakes and make you memorize it. Even the old games were like that. You may not think about it because you already mastered those games. But when you played them for the first time, you might have died a lot and needed to remember to readjust your strategy.

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 01:02:04 pm »
I have a old sonic 3d game, Sonic R Racing.  It has sucky graphics, but its awesome.  Do you know what I'm talking about?
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

gec05

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 01:10:02 pm »
I have it for Sonic Gems on my cube. It's rather shallow but ok to me. But you might want to try out the old 2D ones Kcronos. I think the have mega collection for PC now.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 11:41:23 pm »
I have a old sonic 3d game, Sonic R Racing.  It has sucky graphics, but its awesome.  Do you know what I'm talking about?

Still got my original disc of that. Shame my Saturn doesn't work. ._.

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 02:35:09 pm »
I love exploiting the shortcuts and stuff.
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 04:04:32 pm »
"Mariaaaaaaaaa!!!"
Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.