Author Topic: Too Human  (Read 6184 times)

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
Too Human
« on: April 14, 2007, 11:27:01 am »
I thought there was a topic on this but oh well....

http://media.games.ign.com/articles/693/693580/vids_1.html watch the beginning of episode 43 They have good seven eight minutes on the game.

Any way some interesting tid bits, the game is looking good, 4-player co-op! you can transfer your character from game to game (it's a trilogy fyi) it's a combination of Devil May Cry/God of War/Diablo. The game for me is starting to look a little more interesting but I'm not sure if i'll like the combat so much. Didn't care for Devil May Cry so much, but it's looking to be a solid game.

I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
Re: Too Human
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 12:11:00 pm »
Nice!

I've been following this one a bit. I'm a big fan of Silicon Knights, so I've been excited to see how this turns out.

Not sure I like the idea of the game being a trilogy, but just about every game is these days. As long as they don't hold back content in order to save it for the next installment, I'll be happy.

EDIT: Just watched the video. All I can say is "awsome"!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 01:34:55 pm by Pilot4Life »

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 11:01:31 pm »
NECRO-BUMP!!!!

Well there is some new info out there on this game, first there's Joystiq's live blog at the Too human presser. Then there's IGN's hands on preview, there is also a video in there that shows off some game footage.

It's looking better and better, I'm now looking forward to the demo. This game could actually be a good game.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Ping5000

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 03:16:24 pm »
The writing strikes me as really cheesy. There is promise, this is Silicon Knights after all, but I'm very skeptical about this one. At the very least, it'll lay down a foundation that the sequels can only build upon.

Offline Draugr

• Zork Emperor
  • ORGASMIC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 07:03:36 pm »
this game should be a good, im excited gotta love norse mythology
Kings 2:23-24 --- The Holy Bible
23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!" 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youth.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 09:18:53 pm »
Wow, this looks awesome. Im definatly going to try this out when it is released.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Celtic Tiger

• Atari Combat Vet
  • Now in 3D!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 08:13:55 pm »
Hmm, it looks a bit...... Non-Mainstream....

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 04:26:57 pm »
I love norse myth, so I want to see what they do in that regard. Maybe we'll see Ymir make an appearance...Loki might be some main evil character...

However, Baldur? Why him? He always struck me as kind of a pansy.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 09:32:21 pm »
Hm... as long as i can take down the Fenrir (I think thats how he/it is spelled) I will be hapyp with this game.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Oberic

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 05:30:07 am »
Hold up, I saw shots of this in a magazine.. It looked absolutely NOT Norse! Aliens, high tech, sneaking around-resistance type stuff is what it looked like to me!... Norse stuff is my favorite Mythology! I'm VERY confused! And stunned! And (Looks up status ailments list) Dazed!

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 01:00:42 pm »
*sigh*

It's based on North mythology, but it's saying that the gods and creatures were just beings with really good technology instead of actual supernatural powers
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 01:29:59 pm by Gungnir »

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 01:05:29 pm »
It's now coming out in august and it now only has 2 player co-op instead of 4. This game could go either way for me so, I'll be waiting for the demo for this one it.

*edit*
1up as a live blog hands on preview thing, here's what they said about Too Human:
GARNETT: 4:00 pm Success! Shane and I have spent the last 30 mins playing coop in a level called Ice Forest. I had a champion and Shane the BioEngineer (aka nurse, about which he was none too pleased).

First up, in its favor, it's been a while since we played it at GDC but with a quick refresher we fell right back into wading through the goblins. It's a unique system that lets you dance through combat switching on-the-fly between guns blazing and swinging away with your melee weapons. Push the right stick towards an enemy and whoosh, you get in on them and start wailing away. Pull the triggers -- left and right correspond to the guns in each hand -- and the right stick becomes your aim. Well, it really amounts to selecting your target thanks to the lock on.

We chewed through thirty minutes pretty much in the blink of an eye, at least to me. The Diablo vibe definitely kicked in pretty quick. And like that game playing with someone else takes some coordination. There's a loot drops popping off every kill, and skills to distribute, and you don't want to get too far ahead while your partner is busy fussing around with that stuff.

One thing threw me off that I hope they can enhance. The battles get really chaotic, and while the disorientation of that really adds to the energy of combat for me, it became hard to keep up with where Shane was. We also only started to figure out towards the end that we needed to be calling out enemies as we went in towards the next group. Building up that sort of coordination will be one of the things I think could make coop a lot of fun.

And yes, I'm sure Shane's going to hit on this next because he was talking to Dyack about it, but maybe going to two player coop was a good idea. This is the third or so level that I've seen and they tend to be...not cramped, but let's call them compact. I think the whole idea is to keep combat at a rapid pace and up close and personal mostly. With four players in the areas we've played, and the accordingly increased number of enemies things could get pretty crazy.

SHANE: Although I wasn't thrilled to be stuck playing that damned Bioengineer (he's a underpowered nurse who can heal himself and others, but sucks at melee combat), I was happy that Dyack and co. allowed us to start on a new level that we hadn't previously played. And yeah, I was quick to tell Denis just how crestfallen I was that the planned 4-player co-op has been reduced to two. (He tried to spin it by saying that the previous one-player co-op had now been upgraded to two-player co-op. Nice try.) Garnett's right that even with just two Baldurs onscreen, things get a bit messy, but the game's analog-stick combat still works remarkably well amid the chaos. Once we got re-accustomed to the gameplay, G-man and I were having a blast working our way through waves of foes. And the enemies we encountered here presented a much tougher challenge than what we'd faced during our previous experiences on the first level. Elite goblins are shockingly tough, with dangerous missile attacks and the ability to toss some surprisingly nasty status ailments your way.

As Garnett said, the 30 minutes quickly melted away...and Silicon Knights employees had to wrest the controllers from our hands. I'm a slave to online RPG grinds, and even if this can't fully replace the beloved 4-player memories of Phantasy Star Online, I'm still on board for its Nordic brand of Diablo-derived dungeon hacking. And honestly, I still strongly believe in Denis' ability to deliver an epic, nuanced narrative that works on multiple levels. None of that was really on display today in our co-op combat session, but the final product should be rife with gorgeous cut-scenes.

It sounds like its coming along nicely.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 05:41:37 pm by ilikesanta »
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 05:30:16 pm »
I love norse myth, so I want to see what they do in that regard. Maybe we'll see Ymir make an appearance...Loki might be some main evil character...

However, Baldur? Why him? He always struck me as kind of a pansy.

They chose him because he is a mostly silent character, thus allowing them to take a few liberties when creating his personality. Also, he dies a awesome tragic death in Norse mythology. So, yeah.

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 08:50:58 pm »
oh hey this game looks pretty sw-

The game scales with you,

HHHHNRGGGGG

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 10:23:06 pm »
*Does a double take  :o*

For some reason i thought the cow was a newer account of holistein cow not two separate people >_<.

Anyway what exactly is wrong with a game scaling with you?.