Author Topic: Your own little world?  (Read 11729 times)

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
Your own little world?
« on: April 11, 2007, 05:05:42 pm »
I'm wondering. What if you create a ****load of content? Like, nearing 100-200 civilizations (this would be later, like 2009[if it comes out in september]), would you be able to have a galaxy populated by your creations ONLY?

Offline Robertbobby91

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Don't forget to vote.
    • View Profile
    • If silence is golden, then my house is pyrite
Re: Your own little world?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 05:10:52 pm »
I asked this question too at another forum, they said they were thinking on including it. They said that because you'll be the person with the UFO, you could possibly do something like it. I would go into the game file, delete all pre-made stuff, and start over and make all my own stuff. The computer would be forced to choose only your creations.
Visit my blog: http://robertbobby91.blogspot.com/

SAT: Critical Reading: 680 Math: 720,  Writing: 690,  essay: 12
WOOT! 2090 TOTAL!!!!

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 05:14:58 pm »
You'd not have a very big universe to play in, though, unless you plan to be making creatures non-stop for years. It's probably wise not to underestimate exactly how much content is going to be needed to populate one person's gameplay experience.

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 05:17:46 pm »
According to one thing I heard, all the spare space on the dvd which the game is released on will be filled by creature and content files. Thatsahellaalot.

You might be able to make, say, 20 creatures and make a small solar system with balenced ecosystems and customised planets in the later stages, 100% customised, but that would take ages.

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 05:19:07 pm »
Yea, I guess so. Let me rephrase. Would you be able to make an entire area, like world, or solar system, or bunch of systems, out of only your creations?

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 05:22:17 pm »
World? easy.
Solar system? Would be harder, but possible. Depending how many planets you want, how many you want life on, how complicated the system is and what creatures you want. Could take weeks, or months if you want to make complex ecosystems.
Several systems? Might take a month.

As for the benifit, you might be able to upload the system as a whole so other players could find the whole thing intact, if their lucky. Maybe even start on it if verrrry lucky and the game allows. Not 100% sure though.

Practicly anything will be possible, thing is, it'd take a whole lot of dedication and time...

Offline The_Kev

• Joust Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Fear Productions
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 11:57:53 am »
According to one thing I heard, all the spare space on the dvd which the game is released on will be filled by creature and content files. Thatsahellaalot.

You might be able to make, say, 20 creatures and make a small solar system with balenced ecosystems and customised planets in the later stages, 100% customised, but that would take ages.
hmm, I don't think it will take ages, not that im saying you were fully serious... They will made or made the editors as easy as possible. Maybe it will only take Spore ages. Hmm, by thinking again, that would be too short. The evolution in Spore goes so fast, that an age is almost nothing there  ;)
"When my strength is your weakness, I'll become fearless." - Fear

Proud owner of:

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 12:16:58 pm »
It's true, if the world ran at spore time, we would all by bored of the game by now.

Thing is, lets say it takes, iunno, 6 hours solid playing to get to UFO stage. 'Cause realisticly, that's however many iderations of cells, then about twice as many for creatures (I presume, what with fighting, eating, protecting, fine-tuning and the fact that the creatures will be alot slower at the start), then 2 or 3 minuets odd per tribal creature (thats about a half an hour to an hour and a half I suppose) and then building and /taking over the whole world/. If it was much less than 6 hours I doubt i'd be too happy.

Granted, that won't be for every creature, but you'l still spend a good hour or two per creature, even if it's relitivly simple you'd need to gain the DNA points and unlock the parts. The process may be eased by the UFO, i'm not sure (I knda hope it does, really, but as long as I could import creatures /which it sounds like I can/ i#l be happy)
But then you've got to spend however many hours for each civilised race on each planet, as well as an hour or two per good-looking creature, which there'd probably be about 6 or 7 species of per world, just to get a good ecosystm, then say, 3 or 4 worlds with life... This only really counts if you don't want repeats on the planets.

Iunno, I could be wrong, but that seems pretty realistic to me...

Offline FROMAN

• Journey Groupie
  • =ω=
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 12:26:15 pm »
i hope the game doesn’t take 6 hours to beat otherwise it might get boring after a little while but scince the people that are making there creatures from drawings they have it might take longer becaue they want them too look perfect

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 01:43:37 pm »
The game will take 999999999999999 hours to beat. We know that. It's basicly un-beatable. Unless theres some fault on the 21st level ala pacman. No, maybe 6 hours from cell to UFO is a bit much... But to be fair, that's the bulk of the game. The rest is just free-play. There will be meta games and such, but from cell to ufo is the bit where you have a task that drives the game (read: evolving). From UFO on, apart from building and upgrading the ufo, and finding meta games, maybe playing a few similar scinarios and the excitement of finding you first few worlds, there won't be as much drive for many people...

6 hours would suit me. That way, if you play about an hour a day you get a weeks worth of fun tamagotchi like gameplay, then however much time of mucking about with the UFO. Iunno about anyone else, but I don't see myself playing with the UFO much after i've upgraded it to galactic god state...

Please note, froh, i'm mostly saying this to contradict you =] Me Cox, you Kelso (skip to 2:40 if you want)

Offline spore

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 02:17:59 pm »
you could make approx 1000 creatures, plants, buildings ect this would give you a large database to pick from, plus lots of random planets. even the devs's probbly dont know what would happen.

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007, 03:00:55 pm »
"Join Team Pokespore and make the galaxy your pokedex!;)

Dear God, NO!

Offline FROMAN

• Journey Groupie
  • =ω=
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 03:09:08 pm »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! not again

Offline deathc4

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 03:41:03 pm »
6 hours from cell to space? Really? Thats a really short span of time. Wouldn't that put less emphases on the pre-space stages and this pretty much make them a tutorial? If someone was more interested in the stages before space, it seems like those people would be royaly screwed.

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007, 03:47:49 pm »
I was thinking 6 as a basic minimum. Acording to what they've said, you can spend as long as you want in any one stage (most of my creatures will be pre-tribal). But according to Will, the first stages /are/ the tutorial, effectivly. Remember the T shape thing? Alot of people want to get straight to the UFO stage. If that's the case, having them 'stuck' in the early stages would be bad.

6 hours from cell to space? Really? Thats a really short span of time. Wouldn't that put less emphases on the pre-space stages and this pretty much make them a tutorial? If someone was more interested in the stages before space, it seems like those people would be royaly screwed.

There is no time limit to any of the stage... and WW has repeatedly said players will never be forced to end a stage.  That six hours is just someone's guess about a practical amount of time needed to speed through to the space phase.
(below post)
Thankyou XD