Author Topic: - MAFIA II SPECTATOR TOPIC -  (Read 19793 times)

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
Re: - MAFIA II PLANNING TOPIC -
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2007, 05:10:44 am »
I'm mainly just hurling ideas out in general, come the time to play the game we can pick and choose which are cool to have and which aren't so cool to have. At the moment i'm not too keen on Lazy and Paranoid Cops... I mean, Stupid Cop is much more entertaining in a way.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2007, 06:34:47 am »
"1) Do not directly reveal another player's role.
You are allowed to reveal or lie about your own role as you please, but revealing another player's role directly will result in being expelled from the game. Revealing discovered interactions if you're a detective, psychic, or any other interaction-learning role is fine. Accusations or lists of your own suspicions are fine too - to be on the safe side, please state that you are accusing."

How else could you find out someone's role, and why shouldn't you be able to say what it is?

Offline 7 who ate 9

• Ms. Pac-Man Worshiper
  • I'm actually a pretty optimistic guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2007, 08:04:41 am »
"1) Do not directly reveal another player's role.
You are allowed to reveal or lie about your own role as you please, but revealing another player's role directly will result in being expelled from the game. Revealing discovered interactions if you're a detective, psychic, or any other interaction-learning role is fine. Accusations or lists of your own suspicions are fine too - to be on the safe side, please state that you are accusing."

How else could you find out someone's role, and why shouldn't you be able to say what it is?

Becazuse it ruins the point of the game. But I don't get why you can't lie about it, I mean if I was townsie I could say "I'm Townsie" and no one would know if I was lying any way, so it wouldn't matter.
Quote from: Quantum Burrito
Mary Poppins was hot. Full of golden ratio goodness. I'd be the derivative of her function any day of the week.
We'll hold that against you until you leave these forums you know :P

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2007, 08:05:43 am »
Becazuse it ruins the point of the game. But I don't get why you can't lie about it, I mean if I was townsie I could say "I'm Townsie" and no one would know if I was lying any way, so it wouldn't matter.

How does it ruin the game if no-one knows if you're telling the truth or not?

Offline 7 who ate 9

• Ms. Pac-Man Worshiper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2007, 08:14:23 am »
I don't know, that is what Luminar said. Personally, I disagree that it would ruin the game.
Mary Poppins was hot. Full of golden ratio goodness. I'd be the derivative of her function any day of the week.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2007, 09:10:54 am »
I don't think it would ruin the game, but I think only certain people should be able to lie otherwise it might get too out of hand.
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2007, 12:00:43 pm »
Judging from these roles and how the last one went, I want in on this round.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2007, 01:18:55 pm »
Hmm... Daxx, serious question:
Do you think it could actually work with being allowed to reveal other's roles or lie about them? I mean, let's say the rules on distribution of information were 100% open - you won't get b& no matter what you say about other's roles. Do you think that's viable? It certainly opens some new possibilities..

Hypothetical situation:
A player (could be any role/affil) lies for whatever reason about another player's role.
The player making the claim is investigated by a cop and discovered to not be a cop - so they very likely don't have the information they're claiming to.
Cop calls the role out on their lie, largely increasing the player's chance of being lynched.

That kind of thing would be interesting.. you think we should give 100% open information a go?

EDIT: A few role changes.

REMOVALS:
Lazy Cop and Paranoid Cop are gone because frankly Stupid Cop is enough as far as misinformation roles go.
Mind Reader is way too powerful so it's gone.
Terrorist is too awkward, so it's gone.
Paranoid Madman is just ridiculous, so it's gone.
Necromancer is gone, far too awkward and doesn't provide much in the way of advantage.
Judge is gone, too easy to figure out who they are.

CHANGES:
The Forger gets to pick what role the target will appear as rather than being random. They cannot pick THE BOSS for the reason that when investigated, the boss doesn't show up as being the boss.
Mayor has been changed to Limited power type. Will only get 1 or 2 shots, so as to not stall the game for too long.
Spirit Medium must now be murdered at night to trigger it's power, which is now to basically drop their vote for the next day to me in PM, and then leave the game as normal.

Clarification on Spirit Medium - no player ever learns the identity of their own killer until the game ends, so Spirit Medium isn't that huge of an advantage to the town's side.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 01:36:49 pm by Luminar »

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2007, 03:15:31 pm »
I think we should give open information for this next round. It'll allow for the game to be more complex and it will be more realistic. Plus imho I think it'll be more fun  ;)

Offline 7 who ate 9

• Ms. Pac-Man Worshiper
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2007, 03:34:08 pm »
So, when does it start? I'm joining, BTW.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2007, 03:36:38 pm »
I'll be in again... hopefully not be killed the first night again.
Virus Buster.

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2007, 04:18:15 pm »
I hope this goes as good as the last one.
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2007, 04:29:24 pm »
Well I want to get all the details ironed out before I start making a list of who's in, but feel free to state you're willing and available for future games.

Anyone got any qualms or questions with the new roles?

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2007, 05:01:36 pm »
They all sound good.

As for the revealing roles thing, I think maybe it's worth a shot. Let's be honest, anyone could be lying if they said anything so it's not exactly giving information away about the game state - it just adds an extra level of paranoia to things which could be fun.
I don't know, it's your game, it's your call. Besides, if it doesn't work it's not like we have to play like that forever.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2007, 06:45:39 pm »
Quote from: Daxx's Sig
Quote from: stuckin2004
What would we ever do without Daxx's infinite wisdom?