Author Topic: City Phase cut  (Read 5321 times)

Offline Notorious B.O.B

• Venture Conqueror
  • I still live!
    • View Profile
Re: City Phase cut
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 10:45:41 am »
You probably can fight other tribes, but many may be placed in unreachable locations from your own, I suppose.

That, and the complexity of the interactions would be amped up in city/civ stage.  As in, with tribal, you can fight other tribes, and trade, and maybe trade points on religion or whatever, make alliances, but with city/civ, you reach other cities, you can do other things, etc. etc. not to mention, you can probably build more buildings than tribal.
Leave to a Thark his head and one hand and he may yet conquer.

The glass is alway in balance and full: half liquid, half gas.

Visit my Sporepedia page! http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Bob_Of_Mars

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2007, 01:03:57 pm »
In my mind, city was one of the least hands-on parts of the game. At least from what I saw. With civ at least you get some interaction in that you can order troops around. Maybe you can go 3rd person and join them.. That'd be sweet...

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2007, 02:50:40 pm »
There are no troops in the civ stage, all diplomatic and military actions will use vehicles.
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2007, 02:57:40 pm »
If the stages are merged there might be. Or else, we could pilot veichals...

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2007, 03:38:31 pm »
the idea of the stages is going from one to multiple. you see this throughout the game.

(Cellular) single cell  -to- multicellular creature (creature)

(creature) one creature  -to- multiple creatures (tribe) forming a building

(tribe)  one building -to- multiple buildings, making a city (city)

(city)  one city -to- multiple cities (civ) conquering the planet

(civ)  one planet -to- multiple planets (solar system) opening the star and its planets up

(solar system) one solar system -to- multiple solar systems (galactic) covering the galaxy

(galactic) one galaxy -to- multiple galaxies (univers

Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2007, 03:58:54 pm »
the idea of the stages is going from one to multiple. you see this throughout the game.

(Cellular) single cell  -to- multicellular creature (creature)

(creature) one creature  -to- multiple creatures (tribe) forming a building

(tribe)  one building -to- multiple buildings, making a city (city)

(city)  one city -to- multiple cities (civ) conquering the planet

(civ)  one planet -to- multiple planets (solar system) opening the star and its planets up

(solar system) one solar system -to- multiple solar systems (galactic) covering the galaxy

(galactic) one galaxy -to- multiple galaxies (univers

I think you jumped to far with the solar system to galaxy. You would have local regions of space in the cosmic zoo 1st, such as the Alpha quadrant or Delta Quadrant which are still small enough to be within a galaxy.

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2007, 04:01:09 pm »
Isn't that the case in spore? You need to collect cirtain engines to be able to go cirtain distances from your home star, with the final one being galaxy wide?

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2007, 04:05:14 pm »
Isn't that the case in spore? You need to collect cirtain engines to be able to go cirtain distances from your home star, with the final one being galaxy wide?

Yeah they will probably do something similar to Star Trek warp drive levels. The higher your warp drive the farther you can go in one trip. Thats not to say you cannot solar system hop across the galaxy with lower level warp.

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2007, 04:23:12 pm »
True. I think it was mentioned in the first GDC vid. Somet like. "then you upgrade your engine and you can go further out" *zooms out to several solar systems* *audiance stunned* "and further, and further, untill..." *zooms out till he gets to see the whole galaxy* *audiance cheers and applauds*

Offline edspore_91

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2007, 03:30:43 am »
hey you do relise that its means that Maxis have edited the spore site for thr first time in ages, woo perhaps they might start taking more notice in it soon.
Now its just a waiting game until next year

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2007, 04:01:03 am »
Acctually, it was updated ages ago, when they shortend the into movie.