Graidient

graid:
population: 59 million

(Section 1 -- Biology)
Type: Terrestrial
Appearance: Insectoid Reptomammal
Gravity preferences: low
Temperature pref: warm
Atmosphere breathed: Nitrogen, sulfur (trace amounts)
Body cover: Thick skin, hard shelled
Body color: gray, brown, white, black, blue, yellow
Hair: varies
Hair color: black, grey, white, orange, yellow, dark green
Eyes: two, small
Eyes color: varies
Body characteristics: Antennae, Nippers (crab claws), Hooves
Diet : Omnivore
Sexual reproduction: asexual, extremely slow
Reproduction method: larvae-like fetuses expel from body periodicaly
Limbs pair n 1: arms
Limbs pair n 2: legs
Limbs pair n 3: legs
Mass:  900- 3500 pounds
Size:   5-14 feet

(Section 2 -- Culture)
Attributes:
  Militancy: 2
  Determination: 16
  Racial tolerance: 19
  Progressiveness: 9
  Loyalty: 8
  Social cohesion: 11
  Art: 21
  Individualism: 20
  Body : 32
 Mind: ∞
  Speed: 18
  Lifespan: ∞
  Tech level: 7.5

(Section 3 -- Government and Religion)
Government type: anarchy (nuinngual, Iberaina, ahauluta) Aristocracy (Coessus, Recheviosk), Democracy (Terco) Theocracy (Uthumusad), Autocracy (Alatolm) Meritocracy (Pachete, Salom) Nomocracy (Ashad) monarchy (Grealtr)
Religions: Oclus, speakers of the earthsky(shamanism), many others
Devotion:

(Section 4 -- Extra things you should know)
Special abilities:

Bonus Skill: Musicianship
Acute Hearing
Ambidextrous
Eidetic memory
does not sleep
Microscopic Sense
No Sense of smell
Perfect balance
Poor Vision
Sound Sensitivity (extreme)
Toughness

planet sheet

(Section 1 -- System)
Star: ocuhlus
Star Type: white-yellow, moderately small
Planet #1: fuiesus (a smoggy terrestrial planet; a cold venus)
Planet #2: korris (a dead rock. minded for metal to avoid damaging Earthsky)
Planet #3: candechusta (a brown gas giant)
planet #5: Earthsky (homeworld)
planet 4-22: lots of other stuff

(Section 2 -- Terrain and Atmosphere)
Size: 0.8
Gravity: 0.6g
Average Temperature: 65F-65C
Liquid: underground sulfur-water lakes across much of the planet. Water on surface evaporates, but freezes at poles.
Land-Liquid Ratio: 53% Oceans, 92% Land
Average Terrain: craggy, rocky; highlands, plains, desert, savanna, mountains, rivers,
Continents: one
Density: thin
Composition: Nitrogen, Sulfur Dioxide, Carbon Dioxide, Water Vapor, Methane, chlorine  
Length of Day: 8.5 days (204 hours)
Length of Year: 263 days (2241 earth days; six years)

(Section 3 -- Life)
Main Species: graidient (native), , Achara, Haesain
Native Animals: multitude of simple underwater creatures, a relatively small selection of highly advanced and specialized land creatures
Plants: shrub vegetation on land. Larger plants must connect to water source underground

(Section 4 -- Development)
Structures: networks of tunnels and open rooms carved into mountains and underground. Orbital launch cannons
Urban: 4% of planet
Spaceports: none in specific
Imports: novelty,
Exports: Music, stock animals, luxury goods, massive amounts of data
Capital: twelve different ones.

timeline
first age:
-Death of oclus
second age:

third age:
-Ashad center of world

fourth age:
- first speaker of Earthsky

fifth age:
-the epic of Alevian
-Coessus center of world

sixth age:
-war of Coessus and Salom

seventh age: Terco center of world
-reconstruction
-horde of Grealtr

Nations and people

neutral

Ahauluta: a remote and unarmed highland unimportant small villages. It wasn't a primary target, and the war ended before it could be burnt down.
Notable individuals: Alevian, Ithkibikis
Grealtr: far northern, and virtualy unknown at the time. They waited until after the war was over and all the airships were gone to start raiding the countryside.
Notable individuals: Rathaljiorm, Boralantus (SOES), Krahan

Coessus

Coessus: a city and nation Founded by cheahilist on the twin rivers of Massa. Eventually morphed into an orderly industrious land. Started the conflict with unprovoked attacks on Salom and Petchete, under the purported goal of spreading its prosperity.
Notable individuals: Cheahilist, Keataus, Nauphuskeh,  Karodech
Alatolm: the only state to join Coessus or even be given the offer. Likely because they had a neigh unbreakable fortress built into a mountain, a hundred cannons, and a pair of NICBM. A nation Built out of muscle and rock, it is now an ocean.
Notable individuals: Rahaun, Caadusni

Joint Clans

Salom: a large and relatively developed nation, it was the natural choice as the leader of the union. The conflict officially became a war with the summit of Salom. They, Ashad, Pachete, and Terco formed the initial members, with the rest following soon after.
Notable individuals: Sesemet, Quehesus, Tremesche
Ashad: the classic crag lands of Earthsky. sometimes erroneously called the birthplace of their kind. though now in it's twilight years, it still maintains the oldest existing civilizations on the world.
Notable individuals: Reatustra, Omathos (SOES), Enoch, Eulipheis
Iberaina: the forbidden tundra. The people here where hardly known until half a coessan fleet was brought down over the dessert.
Notable individuals: kerecheo, Bragelith
Terco: a warm, semi-tropical and fertile land arguably the most militarily powerful clan; the majority of the unions Airships were constructed in Tercos
Notable individuals: Rcalde, Woetacour Theave/Ochicic
Pachete: a land of thick hostile jungle. its people have thrived into a powerful-if technologically primitive- nation lasting for many a millennia with no outside interference. Hit first and hardest in the war.
Notable individuals: Zycophustalus (SOES), Ishikik (achara)
Uthumusad: The holiest city of Oclus, seeing as it was founded around its carcass.
Notable individuals: Kondaera, Saphente (SOES)
Recheviosk: unusual in that it is named for a person (its founder.), it is in fact a very traditional land of agricultural areas intermittent with centers of commerce.
Notable individuals: Rechevioska, Echazla, Castur
Nuinngual:  southern country of cool cracked plains and deep canyon rivers.  Very low population for its size, even by graid standards. Society consists of small but modern pockets of development.
Notable individuals: Chardineal, Drehnaitus, Acathistus,

Rcalde
-
previous names: none notable
title: The guide
born: Terco
-
alignment: neutral Good
instrument: Harmonica

Rcalde is has been Alevians' *ahem* partner for over seven million years. they had a few setbacks, such as  Rcalde's brief stint in politics, Alevian leaving on a quests to satisfy his chronic hero syndrome, and Rcalde's tendency to be in the blast radius when explosive weapons are detonated, but have always pulled through together and made amends (which may or may not be accompanied with an enthusiastic duet of Freddie's Friends Will Be Friends)

Yes, Rcalde is a tough lad. he's been, in no particular order, and in addition to various explosions, stabbed repeatedly with a shiv, had several of his internal organs frozen solid, been electrocuted by a Schizophrenic Skyspeaker (guess who), blasted with napalm, hit a landmine, and drowned under an improvised ocean. he's been knocked down more times than he can count. (which doesn't even make sense when you have perfect memory), and somehow made it through alive. not unscathed though: by now, he's a horribly scared invalid, has lost most of his skin, and is unable to move unaided

equipped with a weapon similar to a Kama and an inexplicably Spanish accent, Rcalde is a friendly and outgoing fellow with an odd sense of humor and a strangely endearing love of puns. more prone to resolving his problems with violence than his more reserved companion.

Bragalith
-
previous names: Jothum
title: Left Hand of Sesemet
born: Iberaina
-
alignment: chaotic evil
Instrument: Cornett

a polarizing figure to say the least. at some point the man known as Jothum came across Sesemet the dreamer. somewhere along, this sustenance hunter of the Iberainian wilds turned into Sesemet's most brutal follower.

he had many rumors around him. said to be 8 meters tall, covered in green and yellow paint, and a cannibal. some said he was propaganda of Coessus to paint their enemies as savages: Sesemet and Echazla's reputations did not match, and Zyco's existence was classified, so they invented him as a characterization.
however, he was real, and while not all the rumors about him where true, he was far from noble and refined.
his motivation to appose Coessus stemmed from his natural disposition to oppose the Imperialism of Keataus and Caadusni (Alatolm's De facto leader) and desire to be no part of it. he also had no intrest in the join clans, being only loyal to Sesemet himself.

Keataus claims to have killed him personally. this is a highly contested and unlikely claim, as Keataus was not anywhere near the location at the time of Bragalith's ending.

favoring a nail gun and an assortment of halberds, Bragalith's arsenal aims to smash the target with metal instead of explosions. fire is fluff.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 09:59:58 pm by Crazen »

Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
Re: New Creature: <name in development>
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 07:48:48 am »
Wow, this is the best creature I've seen in a long time  ;)
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

Offline Aquadorean

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • " I'm just going to make you more COMPACT!! "
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 08:24:02 am »
i dont know how to get pictures either or on my profile for that matter
 :-[
Ihre Seele brennt fr Ewigkeit in meinem gut des Leidens!

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 08:29:11 am »
Tpe in picture hosting on Google, click on Image shack, upload your file, and copy the direct link into the [img] thing...
* Plank of Wood slaps

QFT

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 11:18:21 am »
i'm not gonna lie...this was a waste of my time
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline The_Kev

• Joust Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Fear Productions
Re: New Creature: graid
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 06:19:20 am »
Ok then, I'll wait for the picture.
"When my strength is your weakness, I'll become fearless." - Fear

Proud owner of:

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 12:17:00 pm »
alright, like the basics so far

taking what they need...they sound like a bunch of jerks  :P
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline jov

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 07:30:12 am »
mercury in the bloodstream? metallic shell?

most likely implausible if you know basic chemistry.

Offline jov

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
Re: New Creature: graid (please dont yell at me)
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 08:56:15 pm »
the land of deep ocean dwelling arthopods, where the temperatures can be quite cold, use hemocyanin instead of hemoglobin. as do the freakish horseshoe crabs. interesting.

metals can get stored in tissues, i do not doubt that. but elements such as mercury are poisonous to the body when they are stored within. those fish who do store mercury in their tissues, they usually die from it. in fact, it's pretty much how people die from it as well.

now, let's assume you have a harsh environment where mercury is abundant. maybe the oil fields that occured in the ancient past on your planet now are burning away due to some volcanic or solar malady. the species that survive on this environment will probably not be eukaryotes. not for a long while, at least. and at that point the toxic fumes might have spent their resources, thus recleaning up the air.

i would caution on incorporating heavy metals in with your species. there is this whole false science about silicate life forms, which only encourages the desire to incorporate metals in a species. sure, deposits might form, but unless the creature has a way of removing them, they will most likely die from them. think marine iguanas, who "spit" excess sea salt out of their eyes. if they didn't, the salt would dry up their bodies and they would die. you could easily have a creature that creates metal plates for their back. but one that biologically forces metals out of their system would probably be in extreme agony at all times. a metal shell is probably a better advanced technology than a naturally occuring one, while a carapace made from calcium is more likely. then again, that's assuming the planet works like earth. so take this all with a grain of salt (sorry, couldn't resist).

now, i do like your hive mind idea. social insects are an abberation, even amongst the family clade they belong to. termite, bee, wasp, and ant species that do use hive structures, pale in comparison to the number of species of wasps and ants that aren't social. so it's rare to think of that idea re-occuring. yet it has such an advantage to the, typically small, insects. working communally produces huge rewards. in fact, the hive mind species seem more prolific because they are working socially. this occurs in cnidarians, like jellyfish, where one being is probably made up of an army of single celled beings, and together they are more effective at finding food to all stay alive. even we humans work in a hive mind sort of way; there are doctors, janitors, truck drivers, steel workers, coal miners, policemen, and what all have you. supposedly they all work together for a common goal.

i totally dig that idea. i was just offering you thoughts as to why incorporating metals might not be such a good idea. but i tend to get rambly, which people consture as aggressive. sorry, if it comes across that way.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 09:01:21 pm by jov »

Offline Ichthyostega

• Rally-X Roadster
  • Behold! The fanhorn from the planet Snaiad.
    • View Profile
    • Ichthyostegland
Re: New Creature: graid (removed the rip-off. happy now?)
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 07:42:49 pm »
You upload your images to a site called www.imageshack.com. Once you've uploaded them you are given a code. Copy and paste this code into your post. It's easy.
Ichthyostega

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
Re: New Creature: graid (removed the rip-off. happy now?)
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 07:47:08 pm »
NO DO NOT USE IMAGESHACK! Unless of course, your race is an orange tree frog.

Go get a free Photobucket.com account.
DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2007, 08:08:38 pm »
Go to someone or somewhere where there is a scanner.  Scan the image, save it to a memory stick, and transfer it to your computer.  Or just buy a scanner and get MPE if you have the money...
* Plank of Wood slaps

QFT

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 08:01:00 pm »
A scanner.  A library or something should have one.
* Plank of Wood slaps

QFT

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 02:41:18 am »
It's like a printer, in reverse.

Offline Dr. Croccer

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Ceci n'est pas un gueu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2007, 10:16:40 am »
important individuals: Subterranean: massive underground creature. the controller of the graid

apearance of the fully developed graid would look somewhat like a scorpion crossed with something in the mantis family (though unrelated)

.......and Im gonna RP with these guys. then I can get on with my life.

Also, this is very ironic, cause I was just complaining about too many bugs. I have, however, moved away from swarming, and dicided on individualy powerfull Chelicerata.

I have a scanner, so I will post my picture soon. not shure how to desighn the head (please give ideas).

Something Insect-like, with faceteyes and stuff.