Author Topic: -MAFIA- (Post-Planning)(Spectator Thread)  (Read 21545 times)

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia - Planning Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2007, 08:33:46 pm »
Okay, i've dished out most of the role PMs.. if you haven't had yours yet, please say so.
Additionally.. if you're not an actual game participant/player could I respectfully ask that comments on the ongoing events and such be kept in this thread so I can keep track of the lynch vote with more ease? Players in the main thread, spectators in here. That'd keep it nice and tidy. Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 06:54:22 am by Luminar »

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
Re: -MAFIA- (Post-Planning)(Spectator Thread)
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2007, 06:53:47 am »
And we're off!

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2007, 07:03:43 am »
Exciting to see the Mafia game is actually happening, it will be fun to watch.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2007, 07:41:55 am »
One more thing folks.. when you PM me with power uses, I won't reply. That's normal - I need to save my PMs for investigator roles.

Offline 7 who ate 9

• Ms. Pac-Man Worshiper
  • I'm actually a pretty optimistic guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2007, 08:46:06 am »
Are we going to act like a regular RP, were we pretend we are the charaters? EX:

I woke up that morning to find out the mayor has been killed. How did it happen? I asked my self. I was scared about how much of a dump this place was coming, and I was glad I would be moving to Texas soon anyway.
Quote from: Quantum Burrito
Mary Poppins was hot. Full of golden ratio goodness. I'd be the derivative of her function any day of the week.
We'll hold that against you until you leave these forums you know :P

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2007, 09:01:40 am »
But wouldn't that run us the risk of exposing our role? Role playing would mean we would have to take up our role, which would be a dead giveaway for some.
Virus Buster.

Offline 7 who ate 9

• Ms. Pac-Man Worshiper
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2007, 09:07:49 am »
But wouldn't that run us the risk of exposing our role? Role playing would mean we would have to take up our role, which would be a dead giveaway for some.

Good point.
Mary Poppins was hot. Full of golden ratio goodness. I'd be the derivative of her function any day of the week.

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2007, 09:08:32 am »
I don't think this is a RP per se, but you could detail your post as much as possible as long as you don't give away any "secret" information, like your or anyone elses role.

Also, thinking how did this happen when your character might know very well how it happened; would that be cheating or just misleading?

I'm just going to say what I think my character(Who oddly has my avatar's name) would say in a townhall meeting.

I have an idea!  Change it from "Random Town" to The GamingSteve Forum.  The bumbling mayor wasn't killed; Steve was!

This way we're just ourselves.  That'll spice it up.

Could you give a little more detail on how the "Mayor" was killed, so we can make wild accusations.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 09:14:26 am by Slartibartfast »

Offline 7 who ate 9

• Ms. Pac-Man Worshiper
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2007, 09:27:23 am »
I don't think this is a RP per se, but you could detail your post as much as possible as long as you don't give away any "secret" information, like your or anyone elses role.

Also, thinking how did this happen when your character might know very well how it happened; would that be cheating or just misleading?

I'm just going to say what I think my character(Who oddly has my avatar's name) would say in a townhall meeting.

I have an idea!  Change it from "Random Town" to The GamingSteve Forum.  The bumbling mayor wasn't killed; Steve was!

This way we're just ourselves.  That'll spice it up.

Could you give a little more detail on how the "Mayor" was killed, so we can make wild accusations.

I like that idea. Except Steve shouldn't have been killed, he would've been "haxered" and unstead of Mafia and Townies there should be 1337s and n00bs.

Actually, lets just keep it the same...

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2007, 10:01:49 am »
I was originally going to name the mayor Steve, but I figured it'd earn me a slap on the wrist for killing the head of the forum. >_>"" Also, I would definatley advise against RP.. like they said, it'd have a good chance of exposing your role.

You can however appeal to the other players, say asking for protection from any priests out there, or calling on cops to investigate a certain player. Whether they respond to your call is up to them, but they're still not allowed to expose their role by openly acknowledging the request in "public".

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2007, 01:16:50 pm »
I just thought of this, can we choose not to vote in a current lynching vote?
Virus Buster.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2007, 01:47:07 pm »
You may, but if a deadlock/tie/whatever occurs then it continues until someone changes their vote. Note you may change your vote pre-lynch at any time. Once the lynch happens, then "what's done is done".

Also, if you decide to use your power on someone but the target dies due to a lynch before your power can be used, you can PM me with a new target or choose not to use your power that night. Send me a PM if this occurs.

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2007, 07:45:13 am »
Kcronos appears, and points a menacing finger at eligos. 
I know who you are he says menacingly...
This is completely unacceptable.  You're dead.  That makes you a spectator.  Post in here now.  If you continue I doubt you'll be invited next time we play.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2007, 10:08:45 am »
Aww poopie... what did I ever do to the mafia? :'(
Virus Buster.

Offline 7 who ate 9

• Ms. Pac-Man Worshiper
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2007, 10:18:47 am »
Yeah, I thought they'de kill me. You know, for being smart a such.