Author Topic: The Fall in Fall  (Read 4048 times)

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
The Fall in Fall
« on: July 31, 2005, 04:42:52 pm »
As we get closer and closer to the fall season, I predict there will be a lot more traffic on this site, especially when/if we get new Spore info. I remember early on you sayng that when you Spre first came out (you know what I mean) that the site had so much traffic that you weren't sure if your server could handle it.  I'm just wondering, how much traffic can your website handle?

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
Re: The Fall in Fall
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 08:30:31 am »
It can handle a ton of traffic, don't worry. And I can easily upgrade the server when needed. In fact, the site is still on a shared server, I will probably move it over to a dedicated server in time and then it will be able to handle a massive amount of traffic.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 09:21:24 am »
This site will become very very big in time.  Give it another year and it will be completely different to how it is now i reckon.  The future is bright... the future is... (you finish it, i can't think of anything).

By the way Steve, where are these big site changes you have been saying are imminent?  I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in mind for the changes you're going to make.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 09:25:19 am by Lord Janos »

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 05:04:20 pm »
Good to hear.

At our current rate of new members, I predict a total of around 1,135 members by the time your site has been up for a year. Although, in my personal opinion, it will be far more.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 10:16:47 am »
By the way Steve, where are these big site changes you have been saying are imminent?  I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in mind for the changes you're going to make.

Well, sort of. Every time I seem to take a step forward I also take a step backwards (i.e. one of the people who I'm working with got jury duty for a couple of weeks and can't do the work, things like that). So they are coming ... slowly.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 12:02:16 pm »

Well, sort of. Every time I seem to take a step forward I also take a step backwards (i.e. one of the people who I'm working with got jury duty for a couple of weeks and can't do the work, things like that). So they are coming ... slowly.

That's cool - i just wanted an update on it because i'm looking forward to seeing the changes =).

Offline Simman

• Fire Truck Driver
  • Loading....Loading Failed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2005, 04:35:29 pm »
This site will become very very big in time. Give it another year and it will be completely different to how it is now i reckon. The future is bright... the future is... (you finish it, i can't think of anything).

NOOO! I like it being our small little community..not small, but medium sized.

Anyway, I'm ready for change.

Offline Beomoose

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Serpents
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2005, 12:44:00 am »
Hey, If I've shown up you know this site's getting noticed.  ;D
With Your Shield, Or On it.

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2005, 04:16:17 am »
This site will become very very big in time.  Give it another year and it will be completely different to how it is now i reckon.  The future is bright... the future is... (you finish it, i can't think of anything).

NOOO! I like it being our small little community..not small, but medium sized.

Anyway, I'm ready for change.

My old RTS clan was great when really small... like about 5-20 people.  However, when we got to the 100 member mark (big for a clan), i couldn't control it as i once could.  However, seeing as this is a gaming site to discuss video games and general hobby stuff, i can only see more members as a good thing.  As opposed to in clans where it's usually best to have a member cap.