Author Topic: News for your Blues  (Read 277235 times)

Offline Inkling

• Strider Hiryu
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
Re: News for your Blues
« Reply #2160 on: November 13, 2015, 09:49:54 pm »
Harboring the people running from terrorists isn't going to make terrorists not want to attack them.  Europe was the source of the Crusades, which is on the minds of these bastards.  They've talked about flying their flag over the Vatican.  It's also a secular society that is an affront to them.  And most importantly, they're involved in the fight against terror.  France has handled a few situations in former African colonies almost unilaterally.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: November 14, 2015, 03:13:00 am »
and now millions of thoughts and prayers pour out of facebook and twitter and uselessly wash over France. Damn it people I know you mean well but you don't have to comment on literally everything that happens. "What a tragedy". No ****.

Sorry to be one of the people that comments on the people commenting but I'd rather vent it here where only 10 people see it than on facebook where I add my dumb voice to the flood of other dumb voices spouting platitudes and using mass murder for political point scoring.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: November 14, 2015, 04:05:39 am »
and reddit is just a flood of people posting "were with you, france." every single building with lights on it has become the french flag.

its so transparent, its kind of gross.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 04:20:17 am by Sugarplum Tesla »
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: November 14, 2015, 04:23:27 am »
The worst ones are the ones showing a bunch of soldiers from whatever countries being all like "We'll avenge you".

Yeah! Go bomb those towel heads that did this! For every French person that died we'll kill ten brown people! Surely that will finally end the cycle of violence. -_-

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: November 14, 2015, 06:25:48 am »
The worst ones are the ones showing a bunch of soldiers from whatever countries being all like "We'll avenge you".

Yeah! Go bomb those towel heads that did this! For every French person that died we'll kill ten brown people! Surely that will finally end the cycle of violence. -_-

Perpetuating that cycle of violence is exactly what ISIS wants. Once people star taking 'revenge' on Syrian refugees and the like, ISIS can simply use it as more 'evidence' of their clash of civilizations narrative.

I've personally just shared the latest news. I don't see why people feel the need to make a status expressing that they condemn the actions of ISIS - everyone condemns it.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: November 14, 2015, 06:41:12 am »
and here cooooome the tricolour profile pictures.

At least now my housemate will finally take that gay pride flag filter off her profile.

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #2166 on: November 14, 2015, 06:47:41 am »
I seriously hate those filters. The whole point of your icon is to make you more recognizable when I'm scrolling through my contact list. If half the list looks like the exact same thing it defeats the whole goddamn point.

It's almost as annoying as people who insist to chat via facebook. I add everyone I can onto Skype instead because I don't care about what you had for breakfast or that you got a high score on Candy Crush or whatever the kids are into these days.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: November 14, 2015, 07:27:36 am »
I have not looked at fb but I'm sure it's just as basic as your guy's. I think it's people wanting to show support the only way they can think. Dumb as rocks but the hearts in the right place.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #2168 on: November 14, 2015, 11:07:47 am »
and here cooooome the tricolour profile pictures.

At least now my housemate will finally take that gay pride flag filter off her profile.

Not this **** again.

Offline Ultimatum

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: November 14, 2015, 11:08:43 am »
changing your profile picture makes all the difference!

Offline Inkling

• Strider Hiryu
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: November 14, 2015, 11:37:02 am »
Especially when you don't know a single French person to show your support to.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: November 14, 2015, 11:38:58 am »
I do know some French people. I'm happy they're safe, which is enough I think.

Offline Inkling

• Strider Hiryu
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: November 14, 2015, 11:47:27 am »
Yeah, I guess I'm talking about Americans I know where the most multicultural thing they've done is taco night every monday and that trip to New York City back in high school.  I guess at least they want to do something, even if their show of support is completely meaningless.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: November 14, 2015, 11:56:22 am »
I made my profile picture rainbow cause my friend kept bothering me to make it rainbow but I don't know her anymore so I don't think I'll be doing this filter.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom