Author Topic: News for your Blues  (Read 253790 times)

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
Re: News for your Blues
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2007, 01:04:00 pm »
I think you misread Croccer.
Quote from: The article
Documents from the State Attorney's Office said police have been to the home before in August for aggravated assault involving the mother of the 1-year-old girl and a man named Adam Fountain.

Police said those (the above charges) charges were dropped.

I doubt they'll let someone who shot a kid, accidental or not, get away with it.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2007, 09:06:29 am »
http://www.ajc.com/search/content/holidayguide/stories/2007/11/27/empty_1128.html

Good grief. That's an act that'd make the Grinch blush. Knowing full well where all that stuff is going, they break in and take it anyway. I honestly have to wonder what caused them to get into such a moral state. Sheer greed? Crazed heroin addict?

Offline Werechicken

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2007, 09:25:57 am »
Someone had to have been bribed, and I hope that security service's reputation is shot to hell after this.
What have you got against intellectual midgets? They're quite smart little guys as far as i can tell.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2007, 06:26:08 pm »
Is the city councilman's name really Kwanza Hall?

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2007, 09:39:37 am »
http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=645268&category=REGIONOTHER&BCCode=HOME&newsdate=12/7/2007

This is utterly incomprehensible - how could anyone find this funny, especially advocating that people go out and harass the lady? What sort of morally backwards caveman actually thinks people are going to go "HAHAHA YEAH LETS GO AND TORTURE THE FREAK" universally??

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2007, 09:51:59 am »
I'm glad they got what they deserved.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2008, 12:45:03 pm »
Not sure if anyone has seen this story but it's happening about 20 miles from here in Jacksonville, NC. A female Marine, 8 months pregnant went missing in December. Her charred body w/fetus was found in a shallow grave in the backyard of the man who was accused of raping her 8 months ago. She was ready to testify at his hearing and it would seem he got rid of her. He is now on the run.

Marine death

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2008, 12:47:14 pm »
Not sure if anyone has seen this story but it's happening about 20 miles from here in Jacksonville, NC. A female Marine, 8 months pregnant went missing in December. Her charred body w/fetus was found in a shallow grave in the backyard of the man who was accused of raping her 8 months ago. She was ready to testify at his hearing and it would seem he got rid of her. He is now on the run.

Marine death

Yeah i seen that on the front page of mail.com. God thats so horrible  :'(

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2008, 03:10:00 am »
That truly is sad.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2008, 03:52:21 am »
That's pretty barbaric. Moreso if the kid was his since the dates match, as much as that thought often gets shuddered at... it's a shame, because I love to see good things come of a bad deed/person, every kid has the potential to be an awesome contributor to society irregardless of lineage. This is honestly just brutally cruel though - these people will go to any length to evade consequence for their actions, percieving themselves as immune to everything but their own desires as and when they want them... and really, what the hell does rape accomplish in the end? Ever? The social stigma that gets attached to it all makes it nearly as bad as murder for the victim feeling like they're the criminal, because of this stigma getting placed on them...

I suppose i'm rambling though. I tend to do that when trying to break down logic where there is none.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2008, 04:09:25 am »
I understand you Lum and agree with you completely.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2008, 04:46:05 am »
It's really a sad story especially since it's a local story and Sheriff Ed Brown is someone I've seen around for ages. Here is another twist, the Marine that is on the run is married. He left his wife a note before he left town saying the girl committed suicide and he buried her. This is crazy, stuff like this doesn't normally happen here.

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2008, 04:25:17 pm »
Well, for one thing, Christmas. I'm not saying I hate Christmas, but, it's like, Jesus died.

You sure know a lot about Christianity.

Umm, read the next sentence. I meant that's what little children are saying.

EDIT - And I meant to say he died. I am quoting three 5-9 year old cousins/siblings who said that.
Easter is the celebration of Jesus's rising from the dead on the third day. Christmas is the celebration of Jesus's birth.

Never trust with any information provided by someone under 12 unless it's about cartoons or sweets.

Both Easter and Christmas were holidays celebrated before Christianity existed,
Just because Christianity claimed them and re named them and gave them new meaning doesnt mean that they have to be observed as Christian holidays
Thats why there is a bunny and a egg for easter and not a dead jesus,
Easter is to celebrate the fertility of the spring, the bunnys represent fertility and the eggs represent new life.

and there was winter festival to celebrate winter, and how they had to do less work and longer nights and stuff like that,
there are also several other gods who's birthdays lie on December 25, most of which had the date picked out before Jesus was even though of.  Ishtar, Sol Invictus and Mithras being examples

Ohh and about all the news that gets posted,
damn... that sucks,
it's amazing how much bad stuff happens and how vile some people can be

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2008, 08:43:00 am »
The alternative explanation is that the eggs represent the boulder that Jesus rolled out of the way to un-seal his tomb. Bunnies don't have any symbolic connection to any spring festival that I've ever heard of.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2008, 05:34:17 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/28/baby.microwave.ap/index.html

GAH! How the hell do you get THAT drunk?! I can't see even alcohol making that look like a good idea!