Author Topic: News for your Blues  (Read 289548 times)

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
  • A man has a choice, I chose the impossible!
    • View Profile
Re: News for your Blues
« Reply #195 on: April 22, 2008, 03:46:55 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUOanRJXCrM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUOanRJXCrM</a>
 :(

one sad story such as this is no reason to be rid of capital punishment. It IS necessary.

I think now after watching that video that capital punishment should maybe be limited to cases that are cruel and unusual (Like cannibalists and torture).
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 22, 2008, 03:54:43 pm »
vid :(

one sad story such as this is no reason to be rid of capital punishment. It IS necessary.

I think now after watching that video that capital punishment should maybe be limited to cases that are cruel and unusual (Like cannibalists and torture).

I agree, also that could apply to multiple/mass murder.
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #197 on: April 22, 2008, 08:23:09 pm »
               Kaizer.

Man, if only I was there, I'd stand up for ya.

What's the problem with that principal, anyway? She should be neutral and not hold anything that might cause her to lean towards one party over the other. I also think that some of those people really need a good punch in the mouth.

Well, good luck, Kaizer. After College, things will probably have a turn for the better.

So, does anyone here have a backstabbing grandmother?

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 22, 2008, 08:48:56 pm »
Nope.
Both my grandmothers are dead :'(.
God I miss Nana...*sniff*

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 22, 2008, 09:12:37 pm »
And I thought I had it bad, but thats for another post.
Anyway I have a cold. :(
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 22, 2008, 09:19:09 pm »
Hope you feel better Flamester.
Also to cheer you up here:

Hope you like :3

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #201 on: April 22, 2008, 09:20:12 pm »
Ever try gargling with salt? It really helps when you have nasal congestion.

One of the benefits of living near the sea is that it's less likely for you to have the flu.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #202 on: April 23, 2008, 06:22:56 am »
@Kaiser, I think you were brave to post your story. There are probably a lot of people who can identify with you and have been through similar things. This is a good place to make some friends as the people here seem to care about others and want to help. It's really sad to hear the effects of when parents screw up. They probably don't realize how much they're hurting the kids both mentally and physically until it's too late. Your father was wrong to destroy your property for your grades. He could have taken the items away for awhile but to destroy them in an act of anger was not okay. I wonder now how many times you've been on the other end of that anger.

Though it will be hard, try to keep your mind positive. Things will get better after high school. If you're going to college, it will be different and many people see that as a fresh start. Work toward becoming independent and take yourself out of that toxic environment as soon as you can. Know that you had nothing to do with your parents problems and don't let their poison seep into you any more. Killing yourself or others is never the answer. Failing grades do not mark a failing person. Those who picked on you may be having issues of their own or don't know any better. It takes maturity to learn compassion for others. These people from school won't matter later, you'll probably never see them again. It's a shame we remember those hurtful things for so long. Focus on yourself and what you need to do to make your life better. Please don't self destruct and become what others label you as. Each of us has free will and we can choose to be something better.

There will always be bad times throughout your life but there will be good times too. I've had my share of problems and when you go through them it's so hard but when you reach the other side you look back and wonder how you did it and you feel proud that you did and stronger because you survived. You don't sound like you've given up and I hope your not. Stay strong and be the best person you can be.

I hope things improve.  :)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 06:32:18 am by LadyM »

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 23, 2008, 06:48:34 am »
Yeah, it gets better in uni. the social order from highschool means very little, and those who try to hang onto it don't last long.

Offline blitzonator

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • A pic from the galactic zoo. What is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 23, 2008, 08:08:27 am »
Kaiser: I'm kinda in that school full of jocks. The only respect I get is because of multiple assualts with pencils, books and at times I've even attacked somone with my schoolbag. Needless to say I got sent out of my first school through an evil head teacher who hated me for no reason. I could list the things that have gone awry in my life but I still feel sorry for you. Just be glad you were not at my schools. THAT is a real upsetting story.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 23, 2008, 08:55:48 am »
200 people? Never had such thing. My year group is 27 people.

Our school System has the need to cram all of us into one building.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 23, 2008, 01:10:21 pm »
Man Kaizer, my heart goes out to you.  I mean, I had to dela with bullying as well, but nothing like what you've gone through.  I had alot of self doubt in thsoe days, I used to wonder if my 3 friends actually did like me or were just pretending, suicide was contempated, attacking back was contemplated.  Luckily I waited it out and it all got better in high school.

Anywho, time for Martyk's sad story.  My family has a history of tradgey, which luckily hasn't reared it's head in the last few years but I'm certain will come around again.  Over the years, I've lost a cousin, two uncles, a great aunt and uncle, both grandfathers and one grandmother (whom admitidly I never met), all to unnatural causes.  Avalanches, carbon-monoxide poisining, strokes, heartattacks, polio.  Iz not nice.

Also, we have an interesting history of insurance scandals.  Yay!  you see, back in Austria, my great-grandfather was a huge automotive tycoon.  He had millions of dollars to his name and he even owned a town.  A town for god's sake!  Anyway, when he died, it was supposed to all go to my grandmother, who was only around 6 or so at the time if memory serves, but was instead given to her aunts and uncles "in trust".  Of course, when she was old enough to own it herself, they decided they didn't feel like giving it to her, and there began a series of lengthy court battles, all of which she lost as she was not the one in possetion of the expensive laywers.  Then, after all those assets had been inherited by one aunt as the others died and it was spent away, the last good sum of the fortune, and the town, and a large number of family heirlooms, was donated to the church on her death, namely one priest.

My family heirlooms are in his livingroom.

Case #2.  My father's uncle, sibling of my grandmother's if I'm not mistaken.  He too lost the inheritance fortune but struck out on his own and made millions again for our family.  One day, my parrents recived back a letter they had sent to him, returned because the recipiant was dead, apparently months before.  Looking into it, they leanr that all his millions, instead of going to us, went to this one random couple whom my great-uncle had just met, who apparently had this sort of thing happen before.  My great-uncle wasn't that old, nor was he sick, nor was he in an accident.  He was just found dead one day with all his possesions signed over to this couple.  And get this, the husband in the duo was once a policeman, and as such had connections throughout the judicial system.  The case didn't go anywhere and there was never an investigation.  Among the possetions signed over was my family tomb.

One day, my family could be dug up from there to make way for the relatives of a con artist.

Case #3.  Long before I was born, my grandmother on my mother's side and my grandfather divorced.  Living out in the rocky mountains, they continued to be friendly with eachother and each had properties next to one another, granted, they were like, 100 acres so the houses were a bit far apart.  Anyway, my grandfather eventually remarried to someone I've never met but my mother has always reffered to as "The Wicked Witch of the West".  As soon as they're married, she begins spending all my grandfather's money (I can't recall where he got it but I know he had alot) and upon his death, decides that half the inheritance isn't enough.  So she appealed and ended up with the vast majority of the money, taken from my mother, grandmother and uncle, and the huge, 150ish acre property and god knows what else.  Then, she sells the property, which I always loved as a child as did my mother, to a developer.  Waiting for it to fall into disrepair so that they can clear it easier when the time comes, the old house has burnt down, the once green, gorgeous grassy hills have become overgrown and dryed out and it has been labled "Private Property", though that never stopped us, by rights it should've still been ours anyway.

So this one isn't as bad as the other's but it's the one that always hit the closest with me.

I'll admit, I'm a bit sketchy on the details of some of these stories as they're all second hand to me, but it did happen something along those lines.  I've got other stories to tell, but I'm afraif I've been asked not to tell them to anybody.  So sorry.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 23, 2008, 01:22:04 pm »
That made me sad

I need more food to quell the sadness  :'(

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 23, 2008, 01:24:57 pm »
Ice cream does the trick Kaizer.
Or chocolate, what ever you like more.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 01:33:34 pm by Sporelover66 »

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 23, 2008, 01:28:24 pm »

Help drown out the not-happy.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net