Author Topic: News for your Blues  (Read 298593 times)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: News for your Blues
« Reply #150 on: March 08, 2008, 03:49:51 am »
So true.

Personally, I don't see any problem in hunting seals and the like, it's just that humans overdo it more often than not *cough* whaling and illegal logging *cough*.

People get hot under the collar about seals, but is anyone shouting about endangered vultures, or threatened spider populations?
You're right. I for one, don't like the Monkey-Eating Eagle to go extinct. Because of extensive illegal logging, their natural habitat is being destroyed at a very fast rate. Not much can be done about that, though. :( There's also the issue about shark-fishing, which is also quite hard to abolish. Their body parts are sold for making medicines and shark-fin soup, which is considered a delicacy and if memory serves me right, an aphrodisiac. If creatures like these go away, it's anybodies guess what will happen to the global food web.

This whole thing just reminds me of the Tasmanian Tiger. Didn't get much sympathy just because it was labeled as a "pest" back then. If only they knew that the critters weren't the real ones that were killing their livestock. Now they're trying to clone it back into existence to try and correct their past mistakes, but it'll be some time before they could do that. The DNA left in the only remaining sample of it is damaged by years of being submerged in alcohol. :(

Most people seem to forget that "pests" are still animals.

Offline blitzonator

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • A pic from the galactic zoo. What is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2008, 11:43:57 am »
[removed]

LadyM removed the video for safty reasons. I now agree that I should not have posted it.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 01:02:04 pm by blitzonator »

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #152 on: March 09, 2008, 12:05:36 pm »
I took out the link, I think it's disturbing enough not to link people there. There are plenty of news articles about this without using visuals. This is not typical of a US soldier but of a mentally disturbed person who probably shouldn't be in the military at all.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 07:02:22 pm by LadyM »

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 09, 2008, 06:52:18 pm »
What, the Marine that threw a puppy off the cliff? The puppy was dead to begin with. It didn't move at all, even when it was going down.

You can find the video on LiveLeak if you're so inclined.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 09, 2008, 06:56:16 pm »
What, the Marine that threw a puppy off the cliff? The puppy was dead to begin with. It didn't move at all, even when it was going down.

You can find the video on LiveLeak if you're so inclined.

You can hear it yiff.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 09, 2008, 07:01:46 pm »
You can hear something yiff. I really don't think the dog was alive. "The puppy" doesn't start yiffing until after it was airborne for a bit, after the jerk forward to accelerate it. It seems like if it were alive it would have yiffed before it was that far along.

I'm not going to argue because I don't have more evidence and I've made every point that I can. :) It's just a very strong feeling that it wasn't alive.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 09, 2008, 07:08:36 pm »
still being it already dead hardly makes it right.

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 09, 2008, 08:39:19 pm »
You can hear something yiff. I really don't think the dog was alive. "The puppy" doesn't start yiffing until after it was airborne for a bit, after the jerk forward to accelerate it. It seems like if it were alive it would have yiffed before it was that far along.

I'm not going to argue because I don't have more evidence and I've made every point that I can. :) It's just a very strong feeling that it wasn't alive.

Oh it was alive; simple explanation: Infant animals in the feline and canine family have an instant  release of endorphins that calms them down when held by the neck. This is a survival tactic as in the wild noise attracts predators, the calmer the pup the less likely chance of the young being found (and consumed). I know it would have kept the puppy quiet longer but being thrown at that speed would have frightened any animal :P.

I agree Cobra even if it were "really dead" that still doesn't make mutilating an animal by trajectory right >:(.
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline blitzonator

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • A pic from the galactic zoo. What is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 10, 2008, 09:38:58 am »
I remember it turning it's head a little.

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 10, 2008, 04:30:00 pm »
I don't know if it already was dead... but... what?  Does that mean that it is immoral to cremate people?
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline DMB

• Venture Conqueror
  • Braaiiiiinnnsss and cake!
    • View Profile
    • BobtheZombie's Blog
« Reply #160 on: March 10, 2008, 04:46:18 pm »
Some people say in their will that they want to be cremated when they die, which doesn't make it immoral if their families do so. The solider's friend that's recording is just as cruel as him, for laughing it off when he could have stopped him.
Save Ferris. Save the World.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."Bob's Blog

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 10, 2008, 05:40:21 pm »

Oh it was alive; simple explanation: Infant animals in the feline and canine family have an instant release of endorphins that calms them down when held by the neck. This is a survival tactic as in the wild noise attracts predators, the calmer the pup the less likely chance of the young being found (and consumed). I know it would have kept the puppy quiet longer but being thrown at that speed would have frightened any animal :P

Hm... Maybe it was alive. Shameful that he thought that was a funny thing to do.

No, I'm not saying that it was right. But there is a big difference between throwing a live puppy off a cliff and throwing a dead puppy's body off a cliff.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #162 on: March 10, 2008, 05:41:50 pm »
Cremating is more of a ceremony. What that dude did to the pup has more to do with entertainment, his entertainment to be exact. *shivers* :-X

PRISON THRILLER THE TRUTH!

has it been discussed before?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 05:44:42 pm by Yuu »

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 11, 2008, 03:05:29 am »
Cremating would be immoral if the persons wishes were to be buried or something else. Although even then it is still rather minor to dispose of a persons body against the way they wish compared to completely disregarding the corpse of another living and launching it off a cliff. If the puppy was alive then of course it's even worse.

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 11, 2008, 03:15:46 am »
I don't know why, but the the phrase ''launching a corpse of a cliff'' is somewhat amusing.