Author Topic: News for your Blues  (Read 256743 times)

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
Re: News for your Blues
« Reply #1065 on: September 15, 2009, 04:22:55 pm »
Ok listen to this. Right now germanys youth is going downhill...
Last sunday two kids 16, and 17, beat a fifty year old to death because he protected some twelveyear olds from them... They wanted to steal money from them or something. Normally people in germany look away when stuff like that happens, he did right and was killed for it. Now these kids will have one year of social work and will be free. They killed someone, and they dont realize what they did.

On a different note, in darmstadt, which is in hessen, a state of germany, there was an ongoing honor war of two families. Many people died, and a father was killed, his son, who was nine at the time, began to work out, as he believes that he will soon be ordered to return the honorary killing. So this kid started to build a gang, buffed up. He was caught robbing gasstations with other kids, they all had gaspistols, but people didnt know that so they feared for life. His sister in the courtroom was only laughing when the kid described what he did. I know this from first hand, a girl who works there for her studies (social work) told me today.

I can go deeper on this if anyones interested. It sickens me, i want them all to be locked up for life (and i am more of a chillin liberal type as you might have noticed), but i also want the reasons why kids become that way to be abolished, which is difficult...
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: September 15, 2009, 06:57:43 pm »
Holy crap! Why do they do that? We've ruled out video games, Germany being strict on them and such, so why? Are some people still mired in medieval concepts of family honor? That's just... I don't even know.

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: September 15, 2009, 07:27:15 pm »
No its actually turkish immigrant families...
Intigration is inadequate in this country, which is partially due to stubbornness of the immigrants, but also a lack of proper means to actually adjust these people. The problem is in the sixties many turkish families came to germany, which is a reason why germany became so big again (there were jugoslavian and italian and other immigrants as well). Many of those families remained poor, and already came of an uneducated background, the children these days, which are already third generation speak a mixlanguage of german and turkish, they usually dont speak both languages to an extend that they could actually argue well... These kids, who see their poor mothers working as cleaning ladies, who have harsh brutal fathers who speak low of human life (this is not racism, i know quite a few rather intellectual turks who can behave and are always a challenge to discuss with) go into everyday life with a huge grudge, they team up with likes and look for trouble with anyone who looks at them wrong. I had never troubles with any of them, i seem to get along with turks and arabic people well, but i have some friends who were beaten up more than once by groups like these. Because they are not educated enough (theyre not stupid but uneducated due to a school system which basically roots out elites from an early age) they beat.

Oh yea to clear it up german school system looks like this:
Elementary 1st grade - 4th grade, then the parents decide where to send their children (this is a recent development before that schools would decide where youd go
there is the Hauptschule from 5th-10th grade which is really low level of education, many immigrants get sent there not because theyre incapable of understanding complexities, but because they dont know the german language well.
There is the realschule also from 5th-10th grade, but the transmission, if you finished tenth allows you to go to the gymnasiums, but not too many do this
Gymnasiums - 5th-13th here students learn rather difficult subjects, the level of education is really high, and expectations too, but teachers are not always quite what they should be... (teachers cant be fired in germany because theyre officials of the state with a special status)

This system makes it difficult for students of the hauptschule or realschule to change to a higher school as theyd need high grades and theyd still be behind gymnasium, because theyre not taught as complex problems in their schools.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #1068 on: September 16, 2009, 03:51:59 am »
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: September 16, 2009, 03:45:16 pm »
Wait, are you from/living in Germany, Detox?
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: September 16, 2009, 04:23:24 pm »
[Wall O' Text]

Why would they separate out kids based on grades? Is it really that hard to attempt to accommodate everyone at the same level of education? It doesn't make sense. I mean, it's almost Orwellian in nature, creating built in social classes based on education. Who would send there kids to the lowest level of education? Do the teachers even help the kids who're struggling? Surely, there can't be anyone who thinks this is a good idea, right? I... wow. Germany's education system seems pretty f-ed up.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: September 16, 2009, 05:09:40 pm »
It's my understanding that it's a fairly common structure for countries other than the US.  US schools have advanced courses, but the students are all still together.  I think a part of why US test scores are so bad in comparison to other countries is because we send everyone through basically the same system, while other countries dump the lowest percentiles in remedial schools from fifth grade on.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: September 16, 2009, 06:33:33 pm »
It's my understanding that it's a fairly common structure for countries other than the US.  US schools have advanced courses, but the students are all still together.  I think a part of why US test scores are so bad in comparison to other countries is because we send everyone through basically the same system, while other countries dump the lowest percentiles in remedial schools from fifth grade on.

So we do poorly on standardized tests because we aren't total education naz... I mean... Well, you get the idea.

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: September 17, 2009, 05:38:19 am »
Wait, are you from/living in Germany, Detox?
What did you think where i am from?
Yes i am german and i live there...
@ cow:
Well actually it has become bad in recent years, id say the last 15 years, before that you could actually be someone even if you just graduated from the lowest school, like become an apprentice of any trade or such. Nowadays, even if you want to become a carpenter you need to graduate from the highest class school...

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #1074 on: September 27, 2009, 02:13:27 pm »
A child was suspended from school based on his religious beliefs.

Honestly, I smirked hard when I read this. I love Pastafarianism, I really do. Why, after all, can a Muslim wear a hijab but a Pastafarian can't wear a pirate outfit?

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: September 27, 2009, 03:45:08 pm »
Pirates... pillage things while looking ridiculous? Actually, that's all the more reason to not suspend him. That kid's got a brilliant sense of humor.

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: September 27, 2009, 03:46:53 pm »
Are you sure it was a joke?

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: September 27, 2009, 04:33:57 pm »
A child was suspended from school based on his religious beliefs.

Honestly, I smirked hard when I read this. I love Pastafarianism, I really do. Why, after all, can a Muslim wear a hijab but a Pastafarian can't wear a pirate outfit?

yes, because I'm sure that, deep down, that kid really, truly believes in the FSM.
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #1078 on: September 27, 2009, 07:32:53 pm »
Whether he believes in it or not doesn't matter. A student from a Muslim family can wear Muslim garb even if he's a self-professed atheist, right?

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: September 27, 2009, 09:35:18 pm »
I love the picture of what a Pastafarian in full religious regalia might look like.
Probably not a Goat, either.