Random Encounters > Everything Else

News for your Blues

(1/499) > >>

Luminar:
DISCLAIMER: THIS TOPIC POTENTIALLY DEALS WITH CONTROVERSIAL AND OR SICKENING SUBJECT MATERIAL, AND THEREFORE THE READER IS ADVISED THAT SIDE EFFECTS MAY INCLUDE INFURIATION, SADNESS, ANGST, LOSS OF FAITH IN HUMANITY, DAMPENING OF MOOD, AND OTHER ASSORTED NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS. IF YOU DO NOT WANT, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK THIS LINK.

Ok, I might be towing the line a bit with this one, but I keep seeing news everywhere that just sickens the almighty living **** out of me. I know we've technically got the Bizarre News Thread, but I figure that's more for trippy weird stories than anything else. So I present you with this topic, a carnival of woe and misery for us all to revel in and seethe at how stupid the rest of this damn race is. To start:

Girl drugged to death by her parents

Inside we have the story of a young girl whose parents basically stuffed a ridiculous amount of drugs down her yap to keep her from bothering them in any way. What more can be said? Why the hell did these two sadistic monsters even have a kid in the first place if they were so concerned about her being a nuisance? I mean hell, that's practically what kids are for. They're just having fun and stuff, that's what kids DO. It's natural that they're going to generally be noisy and playful, and i'd imagine most parents just turn a blind eye to personal irritation since their kid is happy, and by proxy that makes them happy.

This also brings up the issue in my mind.. personally I think any drug treatment should be eyed with suspicion, ESPECIALLY where children or adolescents are involved. It seems these days too many parents are looking too hard for syndromes, diseases, conditions and the like, and since they're activley looking, part of their subconcious clicks and WANTS to find something, so suddenly out of nowhere, HORRORS! Little Timmy has bipolar disorder! And of course, being the busy parents and all that crap, the only solution is clearly to stuff a bunch of drugs in them. This culture of just.. slamming pills in our kids mouth if they step out of line is beginning to worry me somewhat. (I guess it doesnt help that on a personal level it disturbs me that chemically saturated bits of chalk can essentially change personalities..)

Malt:
1. What is the world coming to! Lazy ass parents killed an innocent child, THEIR child.

2. My friend who I've known since I was 6 is one of those kids that gets Ritalin or whatever shoved down his throat because his parents suck. He's a perfectly good kid, can get a little hyper at times, but other than that he's perfectly normal. He's super funny and intelligent when he's off the meds, but when he has to take them it all just turns off. I mean, he's like a zombie(Like in that South Park episode). I honestly don't believe in ADD or any of the other things, or atleast that it's so common.

Neoadept:
ADD is almost definitely not an actual disorder (I say almost because there might be an extremely small portion of the people being treated who actually need the Ritalin.  Unlikely in my opinion, but possible).

In a similar vein, is it just me or have peanut allergies been on an unexplained increase over the last decade or so.  When I was in first grade, there were almost no peanut allergies at my school, and none of them were very bad.  Three years later there were enough to warrant their own table where you couldn't eat a peanut butter cracker because it might send the entire table into fits.  Now you can't bring peanuts on the bus or to school period.  I am by no means suggesting that these allergies are being faked or anything like that, it just seems odd that a single type of allergy would suddenly begin affecting so many people and get progressively worse.  Any thoughts on a possible cause, or am I just paranoid?

Luminar:

--- Quote from: Malt on March 24, 2007, 08:56:28 pm ---2. My friend who I've known since I was 6 is one of those kids that gets Ritalin or whatever shoved down his throat because his parents suck. He's a perfectly good kid, can get a little hyper at times, but other than that he's perfectly normal. He's super funny and intelligent when he's off the meds, but when he has to take them it all just turns off. I mean, he's like a zombie(Like in that South Park episode). I honestly don't believe in ADD or any of the other things, or atleast that it's so common.

--- End quote ---

Exactly what i'm saying - they're looking for disorder and illness in the wrong places. What is actually imagination suddenly becomes dementia. What is enthusiasm and energy becomes hyperactivity. We're basically nulling the passion and creativity out of our young'uns. Possibly goes hand in hand with this dumbass conformity culture, and the dumbass conformity-avoiding culture.

Danger Mouse:
That is one very sad story :'(

How do they solve these sort of things? By changing their diets, I blame the high amount of chemical additives in our foods. Pills arent the answer :( and you are right, people dont often realise kids are naturally boisterous, they are noisy and energetic, they shouldnt be quieted down or tranquilised with pills.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version