Author Topic: The space race  (Read 9142 times)

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
Re: The space race
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2007, 12:23:50 pm »
Life crystals are a lie! Willism is a lie!

Also, the space race was just moronic. It's better to cooperate than compete in some things and technology is one of them.

Offline Camdoggery

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Get outta heeeeeere.
    • View Profile
    • www.camdoggery.deviantart.com
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2007, 12:54:15 pm »
The space race was totally moronic. But ah, here's hoping to creating a race that doesn't try conquer/annihilate one another...and from the civ game...it doesn't look too likely.

Offline Genusaus

• Dragster Diehard
  • "She Who Thirsts"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2007, 06:24:00 pm »
The space race, U.S vs. the Russians for example.

Gah! they weren't Russians! *weeps uncontrolably*  they were soviets. all russians were soviets but not all soviets were russian.

Yes, but Everyone from the U.S. is American yet not all Americans are from the U.S. It's a political hiccup. People call Soviets "Russian" people call U.S.A...ians "American". Though they are not on the same lines.
The power of purple! The Hundred Years War, which was won by the French started on the year of 1337.

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Everything ends.
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2007, 06:57:36 pm »
It's not the same. The American thing is from the political incorrectness of people in the U.S. The Soviet thing is derived from the fact that the Soviet Union was made of multiple ethnicities.

Offline Tavenknaughtlin

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Indescenant-wrath in a box
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2007, 02:53:11 pm »
The space race, U.S vs. the Russians for example.

Gah! they weren't Russians! *weeps uncontrolably*  they were soviets. all russians were soviets but not all soviets were russian.

Yes, but Everyone from the U.S. is American yet not all Americans are from the U.S. It's a political hiccup. People call Soviets "Russian" people call U.S.A...ians "American". Though they are not on the same lines.

Uh, all Americans ARE from the U.S. If you are talking about others on the North or South American continent, that also doesn't work. Canadians don't call themsleves North Americans, they call themselves.....Canadians (or quebecians or whatever part of the country they are from). Also not everyone from the U.S. is American, that's what the whole immigrant controversy is about, lol.

I think you meant something along the lines of "All Californians are American, but not all Americans are from California". That makes sense in relation to the Russia-Soviet Union analogy, since Russia was a part of the Soviet Union, much as California is part of the United States.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 02:57:40 pm by Tavenknaughtlin »
I have photo paint, Taven style yarr :P.

Offline wydraz

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
    • Spore Monkey
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2007, 04:50:25 pm »
Russia... California... Canada... what was this topic about?

Offline spore

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2007, 05:08:14 pm »
It was only through the threat of nuclear war that the space race really took off, think about that.

Offline ChristianSkunk

• Astrosmasher!
  • I stink, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2007, 10:41:25 pm »
Perhaps a race would take longer to, or perhaps never reach space if there isn't strife?  Weapons lead to higher technology?  I can see that.
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day."
"Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is one hundred percent." - R.D. Laing
"It's only by fate that any life ends and only by chance that it is mine, not yours."

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2007, 01:48:11 pm »

more than half of all soviets were NOT Russian, its like me calling all Americans Texans. It's also like when Americans call British people English. All English people are British but not all British people are English.

And now to bring the thread back to what is was supposed to be about.

their may well be a space race in, but it will be a space race that you do not even know is happening, while your saving up to buy your U.F.U you are unaware if the enemy is also saving up so you don't know if your racing.
Never mind your own business.

Offline spore

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2007, 12:49:36 pm »
what about spys?

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2007, 11:14:35 am »
well, even if you know how much money they have, how do you know they're going to spend it on a U.F.O?
Never mind your own business.

Offline spore

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2007, 12:01:22 pm »
research, what technology they are spending money on.