Author Topic: The space race  (Read 9140 times)

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
Re: The space race
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2007, 01:04:33 pm »
Any county could dominate space, if enough resources were invested in the project. Some large companies could even do it. There should be the opportunity for more than one civilisation to conquer space. Just imagine if another country had first contact, they would benefit from technology first and could therefore win the space race.

There are some countries that could dominate space, (USA, Russia, China, Britain, Japan, and Australia to name a few) but many other enemies or potential enemies would probably attack them, not to mention most countries would implode under the pressure of spending so much money and using so much resources. I'm not sue about companies doing that, but look at that virgin mobile company >> they've already won the space race! Anyway in Spore who knows how that will go exept for our fearless leader.

Offline Protoavis

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2007, 11:22:11 pm »
There are some countries that could dominate space, (USA, Russia, China, Britain, Japan, and Australia to name a few)

Being an Australian, I disagree that Australia could dominate the space race. :P
"Oh mummy, the bad man said bad things, please mummy...mummy" said the 20+ yr old man.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2007, 11:44:17 pm »
I was gonna mention that too, but I didnt think it was important. Does Australia even have anything that can go into space?

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Everything ends.
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2007, 12:08:10 am »
They could launch Kangaroos or some other lightweight marsupial  ::)

BTW: I declare this thread heretical by the power of The Will!

Quote from: The Willism Texts
The SimEverything Heresy

There have been prophecies about space fleets, space races, earthquakes, and other fantastic events, which would truly make the game into an unrealistically complex “SimEverything.” These prophecies, however, are largely wishes and falsehoods. If a member of Willism perpetuates these falsehoods, they must seek to be absolved by a high priest. And they must pinky-swear that they will never do it again.

You must consul the Willism Sporewiki daily if you strive to be enlightened  ;D

Offline El_Buro

• Revenging Yar
  • Crusher of spines.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2007, 12:29:47 am »
They could launch Kangaroos or some other lightweight marsupial  ::)

Don't be stupid.

Boomerangs are the way to go.

EDIT: I just told a generalist not to be stupid. Oh, the irony!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 12:32:17 am by El_Buro »

Offline blitzonator

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • A pic from the galactic zoo. What is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2007, 12:31:11 am »
He cheated to get the UFO, everything was unlocked
cheating! ON SPORE! never!

Offline Protoavis

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2007, 04:49:54 am »
I was gonna mention that too, but I didnt think it was important. Does Australia even have anything that can go into space?

We have a russian space shuttle circa 1985 or 1988 something like that...but it's on display. I think all things that were designed for space flight, that are currently in Australia are on display and old.....OR are satelites that are actually in space *shrug*

I don't think Australia has the technical knowledge as everything space vehicle/satelite Australia has or uses was/is (as far as I can tell from a quick google or two) developed somewhere else. Getting things into space just isn't really that important, happy to let others launch their stuff on Australian soil and well get that money from building the launch pad and whatever, but beyond that Australia is like pretty far behind in space race knowledge we're more of the monitoring space and signals type *shrug*
"Oh mummy, the bad man said bad things, please mummy...mummy" said the 20+ yr old man.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2007, 05:01:47 am »
Well then, I guess thats a no.

Offline Spore-addict

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2007, 05:28:43 am »
near equator is the best area to launch from. like French guana in brazil.

The five spacefaring nations in 2030 would be USA, Russia, China, Japan, India, and the EU in a joint corporation.
Master Raytracer Spore-addict = KarmaCowboy

See you out there, feel free to comment my creatures.

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2007, 05:50:42 am »
So I have heard, but I can't remember why it's best near the equator???

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Everything ends.
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2007, 11:38:01 am »
I recall it being best for a space elevator near the equator, it has something to do with the way momentum is distrubted...not so sure about spacecraft.

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2007, 02:03:34 pm »
Qbout the australia thing... I'm sure somebody would tell them how to get to space, and who knows? They could run with it and be the first to militarize space. Thats a big if though.

And for spacecraft I think it had something to do with one place you had to aim for to get into space...

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2007, 08:33:07 pm »
It would be interesting in Spore to vy for who gets the UFO first...
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2007, 03:50:25 am »
The space race, U.S vs. the Russians for example.

Gah! they weren't Russians! *weeps uncontrolably*  they were soviets. all russians were soviets but not all soviets were russian.

So I have heard, but I can't remember why it's best near the equator???

you can only have geo-stationary satellites near the eqautor because they will move out of their planned orbit if you put them anywhere else.

i think a space race would be a fantastic idea but it won't be in, how can their be tension like that in a game? plus making the U.F.o is a simple matter of saving up enough money and then buying one,  so the closest thing to a space race would be you trying to get enough money before they do, which sounds good on paper but in reality it would be very dull.

and for a country to have a very successful space program it needs to have a big budget, the E.S.A and N.A.S.A are the 2 biggest and they havwe budgets of over 10 billion U.S.D, countries like autralia would never "waste" that much money on such a gamble, it would probably be a country with an already going space program, such as france, britian, china, russia, america and many others.
Never mind your own business.

Offline spore

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2007, 06:39:04 pm »
If done correctly it would be a good challenge, not dull at all. :P