Poll

Should a new forum section be created to house all these forum-based games? (Sim houses, etc)

Do it
Don't do it

Author Topic: New Subsection: Forum Meta-Gaming  (Read 14162 times)

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
Re: New Subsection: Forum Meta-Gaming
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2007, 08:52:54 am »
I was going to suggest something like this, but I couldn't think of a way to say it. That pretty much summarises what would make me happy.

To summarise the summary:

Make new section
Move all RPs (Spore and otherwise) and Sim House variants there
Disable post count in Forum Games
Be happy

I agree with number 3 there especially. But all of those are good. Mostly the last one. And number 3.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2007, 09:53:18 am »
Well if that's what the people like the Traditional RPers are ahead of the game. We've already got our planning topic made and we already have the Story-Based RP rules written up and everyone agrees on them!

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2007, 07:33:15 am »
31 votes for yes, 4 for no. If it stays this way (I.E. majority says yes) then GS is gonna have a mob on his hands if he doesnt do it!

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2007, 08:00:25 am »
Let's not mob the good doctor, just be patient and we'll see what he does.

Offline 7 who ate 9

• Ms. Pac-Man Worshiper
  • I'm actually a pretty optimistic guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2007, 08:02:45 am »
And after being patient and he dicides not to, then can we mob him?
Quote from: Quantum Burrito
Mary Poppins was hot. Full of golden ratio goodness. I'd be the derivative of her function any day of the week.
We'll hold that against you until you leave these forums you know :P

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2007, 11:08:21 am »
Yes Mr who ate 9, yes.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2007, 04:17:09 pm »
Righto, Malt and I were talking a while back and we hammered out some details and here is what we came up with.

The Plan
To begin, the TV and Movie sections in Ubergeekdom are combined into one forum. Next two new forums are created and placed in Ubergeekdom, one would be for "Projects" (Sim Games and the like) and the other would be for RPs. Each forum would have an umbrella set of rules and these will be decided by the community at large, separate topic-specific rules can be made by the people who make the topics; this applies to the games more than the RPs.

The forum for the Sim games and things like that will need to have some work done in the area of rules and tutorials. The people who are involved in them could make a sort of task force and write up some good literature for people. The games can be moved to the new forum and a planning topic could be created.

The RP forums are more or less set, things would just need to be compiled from different parts of the forum. There are a few sets of rules that are already written up so there are some choices to be made there. There is already a lovely "How to RP" guide written up (Although it seems tailored toward the Spore RPs) so we can move that in. There is a established thread for planning in forum games so that would be moved, perhaps another could be made for Spore RPs though. Like Malt said, make two stickies for the two different types of RP and place their respective rules and whatnot in them. And the last, and most difficult part would be to move the RPs to the new forum.

All in all, with a little teamwork, this could be done very easily in an hour or so.

Note there was no mention of removing the post count from Forum Games. That's another battle and if you paper clip that issue onto this proposal Steve will reject it right away.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2007, 05:28:41 pm »
Just to let you know, I have already written Steve about the idea of another Storytelling/RP forum a week ago. He is considering it. I linked him to this thread so he could read the comments. I think it's a good idea so I'll continue to support it.

The ideas presented are all good but it may end up being something a little more simple.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2007, 05:42:05 pm »
Oh good, I was just going to send you a PM about this.

That last bit is a little unsettling though... and it actually makes me mad. You tell Steve not to go and do what he thinks is best without consulting us first, he is too disconnected to make a good decision.

This plan is hardly complex and most, if not all of the people that saw it liked it.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2007, 02:51:40 am »
I would hardly call this complex, not like we're asking for a digital rendition of the eiffel tower, just another subsection. We'll see what we get though, i'd be grateful for anythin' really.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2007, 06:29:12 am »
I never said it was complex, but there is talk of wanting to merge forums, (probably not going to happen) and creating two new ones in the gaming section. We will be lucky to get one forum for Stories/RP.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2007, 07:00:23 am »
I voted yes, but something I never understod was why didn't the Sim-house and its kin get put in to Forum Games? There was interaction from the group and it would fall in to the chaotic bumping without pushing all other topics off the screen in other areas.

-Lego

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2007, 07:04:03 am »
I put it in PC games because it's not really a game, it's a story and all they had to do was vote people out. Since the Sims is a PC game, it made sense to put it there. The others just followed suit. Mini World is in forum games because it's not made with a PC game.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2007, 04:40:52 pm »
But mini world is much like these except its a real life game. In short Sims is a Toy Game and Legos is a Game Toy :P

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2007, 04:45:27 pm »
And LEGOs have their own box, do they not?

I mean, imagine a world where LEGO and K'NEX share the same box... where is your God now?